• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Smash did Mega Man right. I'm sure any Mega fan will appreciate what they did for Mega Man in Classic mode. No wonder there was a reward for playing as Mega Man. Pretty cool :)
Also, I want that Woolly Yoshi Mii costume irl.

D

Deleted member

Smash did Mega Man right. I'm sure any Mega fan will appreciate what they did for Mega Man in Classic mode. No wonder there was a reward for playing as Mega Man. Pretty cool :)
Also, I want that Woolly Yoshi Mii costume irl.
I wish Megaman was more expressive. His smash incarantion almost feels too accurate to the original games. What bugs me is that Protoman and Bass use the more anime and realistically proportioned designs in Rock’s final smash, but megaman doesn’t. Especially since that design looks better imo.

D

Deleted member

Gen 8 is in 2019.

That's my reason to keep living right now.
I have a lot of reasons to keep living:
-My friends
-CTR.
-Spyro.
-Smash.
-K.Rool’s future.
-Fantastic Four in the MCU and other media.
-Godzilla movies.
-New Crash games.
-Metroid Prime 4 and any other title for the franchise in the future.
-My family

And i stop because i don’t want to affect the website’s performance.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Gen 8 is in 2019.

That's my reason to keep living right now.
See, I don't have clear defined reasons to keep living other than the fact that I kinda like my life, but there are moments like Smash Ultimate & Joker in Smash and Kingdom Hearts 3 that make me pretty glad I'm alive.

D

Deleted member

See, I don't have clear defined reasons to keep living other than the fact that I kinda like my life, but there are moments like Smash Ultimate & Joker in Smash and Kingdom Hearts 3 that make me pretty glad I'm alive.
I guess for me the main reason to keep living is that the alternative to being alive is being dead, and eh, I don’t think eternal nothingness is really my style y’know.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Woah, is this a rumour or confirmed?
It's been confirmed for a while.

Gamefreak knew a lot of people wouldn't be down with Let's Go's changes to the formula, so they're constantly saying that a traditional new generation will release in 2019.

Obviously I like being alive, but my main goal to reach right now is just seeing gen 8. I just need to see it, it's all I think about!

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I sure do love how a bunch of people are once again taking a random ass leak as fact because of a coincidence.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So here's an idea of mine I've had brewing in my head as of late:

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

Remember that theory that Mii Costumes were concessions for fans of characters who performed relatively well in the Ballot?

Throw that out the window for third parties. The Mii Costumes already exist, and they're going to be reused for this game. No Geno, no Lloyd, no Monster Hunter, no second Sonic character, etc.

DLC would look something like this:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
  • Dante/Phoenix Wright/Crash Bandicoot/Ryu Hayabusa
Sweet, I'm not the only one who thinks a Dark Souls rep is going to happen.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they just reused the third party mii costumes by selling them again. I don't think they follow the same rules as the first party costumes, as in I don't think they were concessions for ballot results. Maybe in order to use the character likenesses they have to sell them as DLC and that's why they aren't included in the base roster, idk. Honestly the only mii costume character that gives me pause is Lloyd.

I agree with your list for the most part, except I think Banjo and Master Chief have a shot along with Steve. Really don't know who they'll choose from those three.

Personally I'd also add in one more series in that last slot as potential franchises:

Resident Evil (Leon/Chris/Jill): Franchise with Nintendo connections (with one cult classic game starting out as a Gamecube exclusive), widely known and definitely wouldn't be expected by many due to the huge focus on guns each character would have. I think Leon in particular has a chance due to RE4 and being one of, if not the most popular protagonist from the series.

My list is looking like:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire (And an Artorias Mii Costume)
  • Steve/Banjo/Master Chief
  • Dante/Crash/Leon

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wish Megaman was more expressive. His smash incarantion almost feels too accurate to the original games. What bugs me is that Protoman and Bass use the more anime and realistically proportioned designs in Rock’s final smash, but megaman doesn’t. Especially since that design looks better imo.
Umm, not 100% sure but pretty much sure they're the same Smash 4 models.
Yeah I too wish Mega Man was more expressive as he's supposed to be, but it's the "Sakurai Reality" (there was a video explaining that), it's the way he looks at or express characters. Apparently prefers the somewhat realistic approach (kinda like how Hollywood approaches game movies).. did you notice how Mega's TV eyes malfunction when he's hit. It's even a screen not an eye XD.. and I don't mind it, it's another reality, and I think co-designed with Capcom.
Though sadly, he doesn't even have a voice.. that's too of a robotic approach, even for Mega Man. He's in though, best character in Smash imo.

Last edited:

Noah

Smash Cadet
Sadly I think Edelgard/a Fire Emblem Three Houses rep will be dlc

I’m not against it, but if we get a new fire emblem character, especially a sword fighter, i don’t think anyone will be happy

At least let the chosen rep be not just swords

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I’m not against it, but if we get a new fire emblem character, especially a sword fighter, i don’t think anyone will be happy

I don't know man, when they introduced a character with a counter to end a direct, people got excited about it

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

I'm just going to say this, If Edelgard is DLC and Rex isn't people will be pissed. If Rex couldn't make it, neither should Edelgard.

LetterO

Smash Lord

I don't think Sakurai is going to do another FE character unless it's something truly unique like Robin and Corrin were. Yes, Nintendo is choosing, but Sakurai still has to decide if he can make an interesting moveset based off Nintendo's choice.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

I am against it. Enough is enough.

Edit: Playing the game made me realize they even have the same face XD

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So here's an idea of mine I've had brewing in my head as of late:

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

Remember that theory that Mii Costumes were concessions for fans of characters who performed relatively well in the Ballot?

Throw that out the window for third parties. The Mii Costumes already exist, and they're going to be reused for this game. No Geno, no Lloyd, no Monster Hunter, no second Sonic character, etc.

DLC would look something like this:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
  • Dante/Phoenix Wright/Crash Bandicoot/Ryu Hayabusa
Haha, I want to die

Noah

Smash Cadet
I don't think Sakurai is going to do another FE character unless it's something truly unique like Robin and Corrin were. Yes, Nintendo is choosing, but Sakurai still has to decide if he can make an interesting moveset based off Nintendo's choice.
I think it will be chosen as Corrin was for publicity, but anything is possible atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom