• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Speaking of Cygams and Granblue free****

The former game director is on stage shilling his Dataplan for free granblue ****

HRT **** off
Uh, are you okay there buddy?

Could you at least explain more because I have little clue what this message is supposed to say.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Could you at least explain more because I have little clue what this message is supposed to say.
Game director is supposedly making gacha gains like its sweet ad revenue for a family friendly youtuber.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord

HRT is the former director for Granblue Fantasy. He is a huge sponsor/ceo of a company that offers dataplans, which he then made a tie-in for Granblue Fantasy to get free ****.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
HRT is the former director for Granblue Fantasy. He is a huge sponsor/ceo of a company that offers dataplans, which he then made a tie-in for Granblue Fantasy to get free ****.
That's some next level businessing.

NineS

Smash Lord
What are the odds of the mandatory Janurary direct next month having Smash in it?
Well, Sakurai said the November direct would be the final Smash Bros. Direct before release date.

Considering how specific those choice of words were, I'd consider those odds to be... 3/4. There's no way I can't be wrong, because I used highly advanced algorithmic techniques, also known as "I dunno. Probably really high. I'm just guessin'."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What are the odds of the mandatory Janurary direct next month having Smash in it?
To show of Piranha Plant and/or Joker, very definite plausible.

But for something new entirely? Maybe Joker's stage or something.

NineS

Smash Lord
If the direct has Sakurai in it, He'd better be wearing Joker's mask just like he wore Bayonetta's glasses that one time. Otherwise, I'm going on strike.

Then it would mean I can't say I did it before Sakurai...

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Probably PP with a concrete release date. I don't think we're getting more on Joker until a March/April Smash Direct, at which point they'll show off the first wave of Mii costumes, give him a full trailer with a moveset breakdown, and end with a reveal of Pack #2 (maybe to be released alongside him like Lucas/Roy/Ryu or Corrin/Bayo, but probably not).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I am willing to bet Plant will be out on the 15th of February when the amiibo drops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh my GAWD, I don't want to be a character traitor, but goddamn after randomly deciding to play Wolf, he's everything I've ever wanted from Ike.

He's got
  • consistent kill options
  • a potent spacing tool
  • fast aerials
  • Fast tilts
  • fast smashes
  • fast ground speed
  • fast air speed
  • non-commital moves
  • fast pokes
  • the ability to go offstage more often.
The entire WORKS.

It's just... so beautiful.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh my GAWD, I don't want to be a character traitor, but goddamn after randomly deciding to play Wolf, he's everything I've ever wanted from Ike.
He's got consistent kill options, a potent spacing tool, fast aerials, fast smashes, fast ground and air speed, non-commital moves, fast pokes, the ability to go offstage more often.
The entire WORKS.

ADULTERER

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
He's got consistent kill options, a potent spacing tool, fast aerials, fast smashes, fast ground and air speed, non-commital moves, fast pokes, the ability to go offstage more often.
The entire WORKS.

I would sooner cut my hands off so I never play Smash Ultimate again then betray my boi :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The entire WORKS.

His F-Smash is super weird though

NineS

Smash Lord
I would sooner cut my hands off so I never play Smash Ultimate again then betray my boi :yoshi:
New Yoshi game announced the day afterward.
What do you do?

And after you cut one hand off, how would you cut off your only hand left? You need 2 hands to cut 1 off. Unless you got someone to help you, like your local serial killer.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
New Yoshi game announced the day afterward.
What do you do?

And after you cut one hand off, how would you cut off your only hand left? You need 2 hands to cut 1 off. Unless you got someone to help you, like your local serial killer.
Then I'd be ****ed. That's how high the stakes for me to change mains in Smash is...

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Lucas has been my main since Brawl but I was real sad that he wasn't QUITE well rounded enough to stack up against the tougher fighters. While he still struggles, Ultimate FINALLY gave my son an actually good use for PK Freeze by having it send people horizontally rather than straight up. Lucas finally has an amazing, probably too annoying offstage kill tool.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know who's a character I unironically like and want to actually pick up?

:ultpichu:

Seriously, the guy's a beast, and I love playing as him. He's like Pikachu, but faster and stronger with the trade-off of self-damage. Dude's like Deku from My Hero Academia in that he's got too much power for his body to handle.

Also he's ****ing adorable.
800px-Pichu_Palette_(SSBU).png

LOOK AT THE ONE WITH THE LITTLE FOCUS SASH, HE'S SO CUTE AND I LOVE HIM.

Also Richter is pretty cool. I need to get much better with him though. Pichu too.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
You know who's a character I unironically like and want to actually pick up?

:ultpichu:

Seriously, the guy's a beast, and I love playing as him. He's like Pikachu, but faster and stronger with the trade-off of self-damage. Dude's like Deku from My Hero Academia in that he's got too much power for his body to handle.

Also he's ****ing adorable.
View attachment 183143
LOOK AT THE ONE WITH THE LITTLE FOCUS SASH, HE'S SO CUTE AND I LOVE HIM.

Also Richter is pretty cool. I need to get much better with him though. Pichu too.
It's so weird that some people are calling Pichu potentially top tier because of all the buffs they recieved.

What a time to be alive.

Double K

Smash Lord
2 things unrelated to each other

1) Ctgames is dropping a bunch of news and revealed the new Zodiac character and I want her to step on me and call me trash
2) i ALSO WANNA MAIN WOLF

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
2 things unrelated to each other

1) Ctgames is dropping a bunch of news and revealed the new Zodiac character and I want her to step on me and call me trash
2) i ALSO WANNA MAIN WOLF
Hmmm, I dunno, looking through a lot of characters and they're all pretty step-on-me-please material.

Double K

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I dunno, looking through a lot of characters and they're all pretty step-on-me-please material.
It's a gyaru draph with a gigantic cannon on her back

meaning its a short girl with huge ****, tanned skin and blonde hair

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I fought this Young Link who kept ****in spamming me with fire arrows and it kept working because it stunlocked me. made me angery

Double K

Smash Lord
1) They showed a trailer for Manaria Friends

Gay as ****

2) If you're interested in granblue, they're starting the Gacha Roulette in a few days so now is a great time to join

Damn, that is pretty strong.

VERY STRONG

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

World Of Light can be broken up into 3 parts:

Part 1: this is pretty fun!
Part 2: this is starting to drag.
Part 3: this is awesome!

8/10 would smash again. Although I'm fond of SSE's cutscenes, the gameplay was hit or miss. WOL definitely delivered on single player content.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You okay there, pal?
You're beginning to sound like Luigi The President Luigi The President when he first conducted research on Katalina and shared his findings with us.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I can't tell.
I'm sorry, I just realized this is what it feels like to use a top tier character.
The power.
The speed.
The STYLE.
IT'S INTOXICATING.

StormC

Smash Hero

He's got
  • consistent kill options
  • a potent spacing tool
  • fast aerials
  • Fast tilts
  • fast smashes
  • fast ground speed
  • fast air speed
  • non-commital moves
  • fast pokes
  • the ability to go offstage more often.
The entire WORKS.

See, as someone who had mained Brawl Wolf, I find Ultimate Wolf underwhelming. I'm not sure what it is... well, besides the sucky new f-smash.

Currently playing a lot of :ultkrool::ultcloud::ultridley::ultganondorf::ultbowser:. So basically my Smash 4 rotation but with two new big boi lizards.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Been playing some online and This is the most fun I've had with Marcina in a long time. Also having a lot of fun with Ridley. It's so satisfying to gimp recoveries with his neutral B.

StormC

Smash Hero
Is it just me or is Bayonetta awful in ultimate. She plays like a brawl character or some ****.
She had to pay for her SSS tier crimes.

I've read some of her moves don't kill until sub-200 which is hilarious if true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom