• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, before I get my chance, I'll adjust my personal character usage tier list, because I'm bored.

S::ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A::ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B::ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultroy::ultmegaman:
C::ultrichter::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin:
D::ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
E::ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
F::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
G::ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpichu:
H::ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

I'm just waiting now...
Jesus, that secondary list is big considering you said my boi was one of yours. It's like the Smash 4 tier list where the entire cast was "top/high tier"...

D

Deleted member

Replace Galeem and Dharkon with Safer Sephiroth and Giygas and WoL would be 100x better.
Don't you realize that just mentioning that Cloud is from SOLDIER 1st Class costs Nintendo $5K? :dazwa:

That's what happens when you tease more content but fail to give any information about it at all for half a year, even IF it's likely Senran Kagura garbage
Well that.

And locking half the roster behind DLC.

:drfacepalm:

Graizen

Smash Champion
By that logic, the same goes for anyone with a penis or a butt.

Damn. Would've thought Agumon, although admittedly, he kinda looks like Guilmon so ehh... Partial points.

As for Pokémon, I was way off. But now that you say them, they make sense.

You summoned me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, before I get my chance, I'll adjust my personal character usage tier list, because I'm bored.

S::ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A::ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B::ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultroy::ultmegaman:
C::ultrichter::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin:
D::ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
E::ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
F::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
G::ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpichu:
H::ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

I'm just waiting now...
Kinda pointless to separate the two Pits...and the Mario Princesses + Rosalina + Inklings are too low

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought that night on The Game Awards we all collectively agreed to not focus on "leaks" anymore? If this is the case, then what about that Dante leaker? He got everything else right except for the Smash info.

And even then, it feels like we're repeating history. The moment after we've heard about Cloud coming to Smash Bros., "rumors and leaks" from people who had "reasonably solid track records" were coming out about Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition coming to the Switch, before known as NX.

Don't get me wrong, I would be 100% down for Persona 5 on Switch, but we've been down this road before. At this moment, unless if something beyond Grinch Hoax-levels of **** comes out like the random Ken Leak, everything is fair game and everyone is BTFO'd.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That Granblue fighting game looks good but after the disaster BBTag was, I'm not holding my breath for ArcSys. What consoles is it even releasing though?

Now, when can we get a Fate/Unlimited Codes sequel?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That Granblue fighting game looks good but after the disaster BBTag was, I'm not holding my breath for ArcSys. What consoles is it even releasing though?

Tag wasnt that bad, it wasnt that great but it wasnt a disaster

what they need to do is
TELL US WHAT THAT PINK SQUARE IS

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Jesus, that secondary list is big considering you said my boi was one of yours. It's like the Smash 4 tier list where the entire cast was "top/high tier"...
I changed it to just C & D now, so B is just inbetween secondaries and mains, somehow.

Kinda pointless to separate the two Pits...and the Mario Princesses + Rosalina + Inklings are too low
I mean, they're not too crazy similar for me, but I could still bump him up later. I really don't like the rest of the characters you mentioned, though.

Yeah, I rarely use Piranha Plant too. ;)
Wait, what do you mean?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What makes the Erdrick leaker credible?

Oh I see:

"This information is certainly not conclusive, however it was a post made five days before today’s announcement of a Granblue Fantasy fighting game. There had been no rumors of this beforehand."

Somehow Granblue manages to make rumors somewhat believable. lol

If this was a post leak made before Joker's reveal, I might have kept an eye on it.

I am taking this leak with a grain of salt. Though the motivation behind Erdrick's reveal is certainly interesting, especially with the overseas bit.

I still take my stance on third-parties with global popularity that will get in, though I certainly don't mind a DQ character.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Vergeben has been leaking a granblue fighting game for a while now, this is just piggybacking.
As much as I want Erdrick, I don't think the DLC has been developed enough for THIS much info.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

So far PS4 only. Knowing Arc Sys it'll probably be on Switch and PC as well

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Vergeben has been leaking a granblue fighting game for a while now, this is just piggybacking.
As much as I want Erdrick, I don't think the DLC has been developed enough for THIS much info.
Considering how bare bones it is, and how corporate it feels. This feels like a design doc to me. Which does make sense actually sense before they develop the content they do have to, you know, decide what it is. That’s what this feels like to me. A design doc.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Guys, let me ask you all
Character you wanted to play the most pre-release:ultwolf:
Character you've played the most :ultwolf:
Character you're confident the most with so far :ultwolf:
Character you picked up you never thought you would :ultyounglink:
Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold :ultpokemontrainer:
Veteran from a previous game you've used but aren't clicking with yet N/A
Finally got to play against humans last night, so I can update mine. BTW, goddamn heavyweights in this game (K. Rool, Bowser, Ridley, Incineroar)

Character you wanted to play the most pre-release :ultwolf:
Character you've played the most :ultwolf:
Character you're confident the most with so far :ultpit::ultdarksamus:
Like, holy ****, did I NOT lose a single match with thse two, and I used them quite a lot, I mean, even when I was being violated fighting the same guy's K. Rool, I would eventually switch to those two, and only those two until he dropped out, but while we did our K Rool vs, Pit/DS, I won every time.

Character you picked up you never thought you would :ultyounglink:

Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold N/A
After last night, I officially broke out my Pokemon Trainer, so...

Veteran from a previous game you've used but aren't clicking with yet :ultlucario::ultgreninja:
This breaks my heart. I never...ever...won a sinlg match legit with either. Lucario never won once, and Greninja won one because the Ridley guy SD'd early in a match.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tag wasnt that bad, it wasnt that great but it wasnt a disaster

what they need to do is
TELL US WHAT THAT PINK SQUARE IS
Half the ****ing roster was DLC and RWBY only had 4 characters, two of which were planned to be paid DLC before it blew up on their faces.
I JSUT GOT UP

View attachment 183055

LOOK AT HER
LOOK AT KATALINA
LOOK AT MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL
IN A GORGEOUS ARCSYS 2D FIGHTER
IM SMILING SO WIDE RIGHT NOW IM GONNA CRY
Why don't you try getting in on GBF at this point, unless your phone can't run it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Half the ****ing roster was DLC and RWBY only had 4 characters, two of which were planned to be paid DLC before it blew up on their faces.

Why don't you try getting in on GBF at this point, unless your phone can't run it.
That's the issue, my phone can't run it :(

I may get a repaired phone that CAN run it and other stuff for Christmas though...then I can get the Kata content.

D

Deleted member

That's the issue, my phone can't run it :(

I may get a repaired phone that CAN run it and other stuff for Christmas though...then I can get the Kata content.
I have considered getting GBF before but considering I'd rather get back on FGO first, it's likely never happening unless I juggle three gachas at the same time which is, uhm, inhumane for just about anyone.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Character stuff huh?

:ultpit: He's as precious as ever. The only one I've taken online as I got it today. Sadly I only did well prior to Elite... then stuff... happened, though I did win some things... (You better keep me away from mean old Young Link and Olimar and whatever Wario and Peach are... *eyetwitch*)
Anyways, Pit's as precious as ever, and pretty expressive too.

:ultbowser: He's served me well, especially when fighting some spirits. I'm glad he's more fun to use to where his U-throw combos got nerfed. His N-air is also fun.

:ultpalutena: I can't get a full grip on her due to my problem with shorthops and fullhopping when I don't want to do the command. I'll still try her to figure out where she'll be, but for now, she's secondary.

:ultincineroar: Fun flaming tiger cat we have here. Really helpful for spirits, and full of personality. I'm glad we got him. I may like his N-air a lot... it's just that good.

I don't really have a grip on :ultkrool: so I may give up on him, and I didn't even practice :ultsamus::ultzss: much. Chances are I'll have the top 4 above, which actually isn't bad. It's a step up from 3 characters from s4 (just add tiger cat).

D

Deleted member

Uh-oh.

He made Woomy cry. HE DESERVES WHAT HE GETS.

DQ character seems super plausible. Nothing to really do about this rumor but watch and see what happens, TBH. Only thing that could give it major points ATM is if other leakers backed it up.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The joke is that Piranha Plant isn't out yet.
I know that, but this is for when he does come out as well. I still don't have the game yet either, so...

Besides, this is solely based on my interest in the characters, and nothing else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DQ character seems super plausible. Nothing to really do about this rumor but watch and see what happens, TBH. Only thing that could give it major points ATM is if other leakers backed it up.
If you ask me, if Final Fantasy was so tied down to the ****ing .JPEG department, there's absolutely no way Dragon Quest will come through with how entangled that franchise is with copyright holders and licensing.

I still can't believe the only two Final Fantasy spirits are THE SAME ****ING SMASH ULTIMATE RENDERS.
How hard is it to ****ing use this? Nomura is totally fine with art and such after what we seen with the lead-up for Smash Ultimate's release, so HOW is it THAT hard to use literally this JPEG I got from Google Images???

Cloud-FFVIIArt.png

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
am I the only one that thinks fighting while Power-Hungry Fool plays is kinda ominous? Am I just being weird?
I love that song. Ever since Brawl, that's been my most frequent song on Castle Siege. Harpsichords are underrated.

The music in this game is great, but having so manty FE songs and only three stages to put them on isn't that fun. Also all of the series with two or more stages that feel so similar, but then they're missing good stages for songs not of that theme (looking at you, Mario, with your million green World 1-1s and no Bowser castle. Also Sonic since half of those songs would fit an urban stage more than Green Hill Zone and Worse Green Hill Zone. Of course, they could give us Tails and a Chemical Plant Zone stage to fix that one...)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I JSUT GOT UP

View attachment 183055

LOOK AT HER
LOOK AT KATALINA
LOOK AT MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL
IN A GORGEOUS ARCSYS 2D FIGHTER
IM SMILING SO WIDE RIGHT NOW IM GONNA CRY
This kind of makes me hope for Katalina again. She’s certainly on the low end of my wishlist, but she’s still there

Joker
Erdrick
Katalina
Lloyd Irving
Banjo Kazooie

I don’t think i’d be mad.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Has there been a list compiled somewhere of all unlockable music and how to unlock them?
I was just about to ask the same thing but asking which songs have to be unlocked through challenges other than Calling to the Night since I just got that one.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
If you ask me, if Final Fantasy was so tied down to the ****ing .JPEG department, there's absolutely no way Dragon Quest will come through with how entangled that franchise is with copyright holders and licensing.

I still can't believe the only two Final Fantasy spirits are THE SAME ****ING SMASH ULTIMATE RENDERS.
How hard is it to ****ing use this? Nomura is totally fine with art and such after what we seen with the lead-up for Smash Ultimate's release, so HOW is it THAT hard to use literally this JPEG I got from Google Images???

View attachment 183057
I think all the characters who have an alternate costume that changes the character’s appearance (e.g. Pokemon Trainer, Robin, Wii Fit Trainer) use their Smash Ultimate renders. It’s a weird choice, but it would explain the whole Cloud spirit art situation.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So... Erdrick popped up.

I’m going to be honest, Erdrick or anyone from DQ isn’t really someone I would be excited for unlike Geno or Sora.

Calane

Smash Ace
I was planning on just chilling out until the supposed SE character was revealed, but this actually got me to comment again.

I know it might be fake, but...this sort of lit a little bit of hope for me. "To the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series" even sounds exactly like what I've been saying for a while now. It makes a lot of sense, and would be a great move for the series drumming up more interest in the west.

I haven't given up on my dream (and I probably never will until it's crushed for good), so I'll hold onto this rumor and keep it in the back of my mind.

Dragon-Quest-XI-Trodain-costume.jpg
Thanks for sharing this, my dude.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Uh-oh.

He made Woomy cry. HE DESERVES WHAT HE GETS.

Bayonetta in the same thread :laugh:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lifelight and all of its variations are all better than the Smash 4 theme song and it’s variations...Brawl’s also

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lifelight and all of its variations are all better than the Smash 4 theme song and it’s variations...Brawl’s also
Smash For, sure. Brawl, arguable, but I'm glad you liked the theme, it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom