• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't imagine why these attractive characters are appealing to a certain demographic. I mean, we all like our girly/pretty boys and beautiful ladies, but the real way to please people is to have a blob of writhing mass with gross blemishes and fluids oozing out of them included.
I, for one, love eldritch abominations tyvm

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright after some rudimentary googling I can say now that I am DEFINITELY a Narmaya main.
Huge fan of the katana and the horns. This extremely appeals to me on a basic degenerate level.

I will say though, I find sandwiching your sword between your breasts/crotch very unsafe.
I feel like this is obvious, but you main Vergil in Marvel 3 don't you?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright after some rudimentary googling I can say now that I am DEFINITELY a Narmaya main.
Huge fan of the katana and the horns. This extremely appeals to me on a basic degenerate level.

I will say though, I find sandwiching your sword between your breasts/crotch very unsafe.
googles

oh hey, it's katana camilla

D

Deleted member

Well, I definitely see that the Granblue community likes their big bois and big girls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now I'm just hoping for a Megaten Arcsys game. We already got P4A, so if you could just put... Demi-fiend into a fighting game that's be nice.

Please.
I'm beggin ya.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I definitely see that the Granblue community likes their big bois and big girls.
Everyone likes Swole characters and bulky characters. Or at least they should. Better than boney generic anime style.

Now I'm just hoping for a Megaten Arcsys game. We already got P4A, so if you could just put... Demi-fiend into a fighting game that's be nice.

Please.
I'm beggin ya.
Just for that, he'll be a preorder DLC for Persona 5 Arena Ultimax ACT II: The Last Surprise.

D

Deleted member

Please.
I'm beggin ya.
I'm telling you, Persona vs Shin Megami Tensei would be awesome to see.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If I had a modern day system I probably would.
Feels bad.

I had a PS4 and I managed to snag the game when it was free on the store. Dunno if it still is, but boy is it actually worth money. Lucky break for me that I didn't deserve.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Feels bad.

I had a PS4 and I managed to snag the game when it was free on the store. Dunno if it still is, but boy is it actually worth money. Lucky break for me that I didn't deserve.
if there was ever one reason to throw down £250 on a console, bloodborne is that reason

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, we know a handful of characters for the Granblue fighter already due to the logo using certain character's ace weapons.

Neat.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm telling you, Persona vs Shin Megami Tensei would be awesome to see.
The problem of this idea is that SMT is pretty bad at having a one collective fandom. Persona is very divided to two halves, but you can just cater to the ones current Persona team worked on and call it a day.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yes, but imagine you're not slaying as an anime protag who barely speaks and are instead a fully customizable avatar that can wear a variety of clothes to look badass or a silly kind of cute with weapons that can transform even mid-swing and are super sick and a gun that can allow you to perform counters that are so freaking satisfying.

Not to mention a broad world that solemnly hints at the lore between loading screens in item descriptions that's pretty deep. The worldbuilding is just really nice when you look into it, the bosses are so intimidating and the game offers a challenge, but it's something that doesn't seem entirely BS unless you go out of your way to get to those REALLY challenging parts as a test of your own skills.

It's got the formula of a good Dark Souls game, being from the same creative mind, but with a different story, lore, and themes touched upon that Dark Souls haven't really explored, as that world is a mostly medieval time full of typical medieval things and fictional monsters that are commonplace for the most part with their theme of cycles of trying to fix sonething that is inevitable.

I can't touch on BB's cause I want to mention some things that are kinda part of the big plot, but it's essentially more of a theme of corruption, helplessness, and tragedies.

Also, take the name literally. It has a symbolic and literal meaning kinda like Dark Souls as well when you stop to consider what those titles could mean.

I'm just a sucker for good lore and storytelling, and these games just seem to be great works of literature that we're actually able to experience as it unfolds.

Anyways, uh, sorry for the essay. Tl;dr: The game is just good.

NineS

Smash Lord

Every time i see new footage of this game im further blown away by how gorgeous it looks like jesus
Holy ****. Is this the one being made by Platinum Games?
Because I want it so bad already just looking at it.
I hope this comes to switch.

And checking right now, holy cow, Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music for the game.
When can I throw my money at this?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Saber Challenger Approaching.png

Y'know what. If Joker can get in (rightfully deserved to rep Persona/SMT, but no one expected it to happen), my #1 pick is Saber from the Fate/ series.

Since we got no idea whose gonna be DLC (honestly, we don't. I don't trust any leakers and just plan to flat-out ignore them,) nothing's off the table at this point.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yep, as papagenos papagenos said, Senjou confirms Katalina has nothing to do with Smash:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_e...at_leaked_isabelle_and_the/ebu1iin/?context=0

However, this does raise his credibility as a leaker overall since... I mean, the damn game exists and he called it 4 months ahead of time.
Still, there's a huge difference between this and a playable Katalina in Smash. Yeah, it's impressive that he got this info, but he was way off with his prediction.

Then there's the other things he's backpedaled on, like that alleged first-party sword character. We also have Steve, who Hitagi insisted is playable while Verge and other sources are more skeptical.

I know I keep saying this, but I don't consider Hitagi to be a reliable source. It shouldn't matter if he can accurately predict something if he had to spitball several other incorrect predictions without verifying them with multiple sources. Heck, people are already throwing Verge under the bus with this Minecraft content, and his track record with Ultimate has been nearly perfect. Why should Hitagi get a pass?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, before I get my chance, I'll adjust my personal character usage tier list, because I'm bored.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultroy::ultmegaman:
C: :ultrichter::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin:
D: :ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
E: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
F: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
G: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpichu:
H: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

I'm just waiting now...

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
The problem of this idea is that SMT is pretty bad at having a one collective fandom. Persona is very divided to two halves, but you can just cater to the ones current Persona team worked on and call it a day.
SMT:
  1. Futsuo
  2. Aleph
  3. Demi-Fiend
  4. Flynn
  5. Nanashi
  6. SMTV Protagonist
  7. Raidou Kuzunoha
  8. Strange Journey Protagonist
  9. Serph
  10. Devil Survivor Protagonist
  11. Devil Survivor 2 Protagonist
  12. Kyouji Kuzunoha
Persona (With non-protagonist reasonings in brackets):
  1. Boy With Earring
  2. Yukino Mayuzumi (Carries over into 2 so added importance)
  3. Maya Amano
  4. Tatsuya Suou
  5. Eikichi Mishina (Personal bias)
  6. Minato
  7. Minako
  8. Aegis (Protagonist of The Answer)
  9. Yu Narukami
  10. Rise Kujikawa (Major character in Dancing All Night)
  11. Joker
  12. Futaba Sakura (Won a popularity poll run by Atlus early into the game's lifespan)
Extra Characters:
  1. Jack Frost
  2. Lucifer
Do I win?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
*Wakes up and checks on SmashBoards for anything new*
*Sees Katalina is looking more likely*
8114BEA0-05B1-48CC-B58E-9FE125A296F1.gif

Why?? At least the Dragon Knights look drop-dead gorgeous though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom