• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They are not sisters.

They're sisters in the sense of a witch coven.

Watch any sort of media about witches and typically even if the witches aren't blood related they still call one another ''sister."
That's kind of ironic since Catholics do the same.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
RPG speed stats don't necessarily translate into high movement speed in an action game, as they serve to decide who moves first. Pikachu and Pichu have a lower base speed than Charizard, and yet they are faster than him. Squirtle is the same, and yet he is faster than someone like Lucario.
Ike had high speed because pretty much every FE protagonist is warranted to have very good stats. Robin can also have good speed in his game.
Yeah uh huh except they do for Cloud apparently!

This is what I was getting at. I agree but when Cloud was included they made him feel as fast and strong as Cloud was in his original game. I was just remarking that, ability-wise, the Fire Emblem character most closely modeled after Cloud ability-wise (not in terms of personality or character arc obviously) was given all these limitations in Smash, but Cloud himself wasn't. I was just saying that if Tracer gets her time rewind, then my personal idea of Shulk having something similar to represent his visions in his original game not making it in and having a counter special instead will make for a situation similar to Ike's.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ike had high speed because pretty much every FE protagonist is warranted to have very good stats. Robin can also have good speed in his game.
HA,
tell that to the GBA Lords. They're all universally subpar to the god-units they get during the story.
RIP Viable Lyn past the tutorial.

And actually, Ike is that fast.
If you actually look at his cutscenes and in-game combat animations, he's extremely fast and acrobatic.
Like, at his most basic level, PoR Ranger Ike, his critical hit involves him going so fast he cuts the enemy so fast it looks like he teleports behind the enemy.
And by the end of that game, he's regularly doing backflips and giant leaping slashes. He's essentially swordmaster speed with berserker strength.

Compare that with Robin's cutscenes and animations and it's definitely not as impressive.

I mean it makes sense considering Ike is just Fire Emblem's Guts.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Does that make Robin Griffith

Nah, it's probably Marth. I mean, he's already got the "leader of a large militia" and "dreams of ruling a kingdom" bit downpat.
All he needs is some good old fashioned mind-break and a behelit and he's good to go.

osby

Smash Obsessed

This is what I was getting at. I agree but when Cloud was included they made him feel as fast and strong as Cloud was in his original game. I was just remarking that, ability-wise, the Fire Emblem character most closely modeled after Cloud ability-wise (not in terms of personality or character arc obviously) was given all these limitations in Smash, but Cloud himself wasn't. I was just saying that if Tracer gets her time rewind, then my personal idea of Shulk having something similar to represent his visions in his original game not making it in and having a counter special instead will make for a situation similar to Ike's.
That's a weird comparison. Ike have limitations because his character design involves being very heavy. Not because Sakurai take a look at Ike's blade beams and decided it was too much for Smash.

Also please don't @ me Idon, I don't want to turn this into a debate.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
So after playing every character (again) to try and finally get a TRUE main, i found out Roy was really my boi.

Also i found best lord is in as a spirit. Eirika of course.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Different design approaches I suppose. In Dissidia, Cloud was actually on the slow but strong side of the spectrum, very unlike his Smash incarnation.

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; censor dodging(Please type out all swear words as normal. The autocensors will take care of it)
Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is it real though because that's not James Marsden as the cop. Unless they touched him the hell up. It looks more like Chris Pratt to be honest.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Is it real though because that's not James Marsden as the cop. Unless they touched him the hell up. It looks more like Chris Pratt to be honest.
Movie studios tend to make concept art of actors they want before officially casting

The never ever akira movie had concept art of chris evans as kaneda lol

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Could you imagine The Sonic Movie being good and Detective Pikachu being mediocre? Long stretch but could you imagine?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's a shame because Pratt is a more charismatic lead than Marsters.

Marsters is my biggest hang up about the Sonic movie.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's a shame because Pratt is a more charismatic lead than Marsters.

Marsters is my biggest hang up about the Sonic movie.
Zamasu (Dub): "You? The fastest thing alive? Surely the Gods jest! An arrogant creature such as yourself deserves only the greatest punishment imaginable! You might be able to outrun most of this planet's pathetic mortal life, but there is no escaping my Justice!"

Sonic: "Dude, chill. I'm on my hotdog break."

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Ok, a little game.

You get in the game your most wanted, but when you play them your skill gets worse every 20 seconds, until the point that your reaction time is abismally slow. Your skill resets to base when the match finishes.

D

Deleted member

You know, it'd be awesome to have FamilyJules, Toxicxeternity, Jonny Atma, LittleVMills, and RicaardEb work on an awesome metal soundtrack.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ok, a little game.

You get in the game your most wanted, but when you play them your skill gets worse every 20 seconds, until the point that your reaction time is abismally slow. Your skill resets to base when the match finishes.
Aww, that's really bad for people who already have poor reaction times like me. This only really benefits tournament players because while they can play god-like as their Mains already, they can play demi-god-like as their favorites and still kick ass in a casual environment.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok, a little game.

I'll take it.
I don't need to be good with a character to love them.
Plus, even if I can't play them, everyone else can, amd they can be immortalized in Smash forever with their main games getting a huge burst in popularity and maybe A MAINLINE TITLE THAT ISN'T A BUDGET 3DS GAME.

D

Deleted member

I'll take it.
I don't need to be good with a character to love them.
Plus, even if I can't play them, everyone else can, amd they can be immortalized in Smash forever with their main games getting a huge burst in popularity and maybe A MAINLINE TITLE THAT ISN'T A BUDGET 3DS GAME.
Oi, Shin Megami Tensei IV was a great game, good sir.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I'd rather watch Ultimate than play it for now.

I'm just that bored enough at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom