• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
*remembers Verge said a DLC character would be connected to Granblue Fantasy*
*sees hat this happened*

OK at this point in time I think it's safe to say that it's less now that people against him think Vergeben is wrong and more that people against him WANT Vergeben to be wrong now.
That was another “leaker” that mentioned Granblue and it turned out to be misinfo. Vergeben back that leaker, but not that specific info (not that it matters since it was misinfo anyway)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I somehow got into Elite Smash with Snake just by goofing around

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aight, Elite Smash isn't any better. I ****ing quit.
Wake me up when Nintendo/Sakurai learn how to do a quick google search on what is and isn't good online.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What y'all think of this?

I don't think Rex is happening this time around. Since his Mii costume is a part of the Fighter's Pass. Maybe if there's a season 2, I could see it happen.

I almost got excited for a second thinking the silhouette was Mega Man Volnutt, but that'd actually be hype for me. And he's my least favorite of the Mega Men.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wake me up when Nintendo/Sakurai learn how to do a quick google search on what is and isn't good online.
Not like Smash 4 was much of an improvement.
I feel like the online is why we're getting another update so soon

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not like Smash 4 was much of an improvement.
I feel like the online is why we're getting another update so soon
Oh no, Smash 4's online was trash.
But Ultimate's is a festering dumpster-fire filled with rotten meat.

With that comparison, yeah I'd say Smash 4 is damn huge "improvement" in that it actually functioned.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
VERY high chance the 1.02 patch is to fix the online matchmaking, since that's the #1 issue customers are having.

Also hopefully that color changing bug because that drokk is annoying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What y'all think of this?

"You can't use Piranha Plant and Joker as avatars yet either"

No ****. The avatars for NPCs are based off Spirits, which neither have. Especially Joker since no Persona content is currently present.

Now, Rex does have a Spirit unlike them, so he could have been an avatar.
However, signs don't point to being part of the Fighter Pack. Or else the Mii Costume wouldn't be a bonus for purchasing it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh no, Smash 4's online was trash.
But Ultimate's is a festering dumpster-fire filled with rotten meat.

With that comparison, yeah I'd say Smash 4 is damn huge "improvement" in that it actually functioned.
Yeah, I agree.

What's worse to me is that if I get disconnected because of one guy in a free for all, that puts a sin towards me. because i got banned for that despite not being able to help it

D

Deleted member

We need private rooms for the online mode to play with Switch friends and set the match rules better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hmm, I think I've changed my mind of some of my DLC wants. Reggie said during The Game Awards they will all be third party, right?

1)Agumon(or any Digimon for that matter, Shoutmon has better moveset potential)
2)Jesse(Minecraft Story Mode, and isn't a "blank slate" trope like Steve is. Well that's a half truth. Because headcanon and all that is 10x worse in SM)
3)Doctor Robotnic.(HEY WE NEED A SONIC REP, AND ROBOTNIC IS BETTER THAN EGGMAN. Wait... *Google Robotnic*

THEY ARE THE SAME CHARACTER, NVM)
4)I don't really care who.
You summoned me

KingBroly

Smash Lord
VERY high chance the 1.02 patch is to fix the online matchmaking, since that's the #1 issue customers are having.

I doubt that this patch will fix the online problems when we know this patch was already planned considering the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Spirits are being released with it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Pft, yeah right, like they're going to somehow overhaul their entire online matchmaking system in less than a week post-launch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember a lot of people recommending Anther's Ladder back in Smash 4 as a better way to practice with tournament rules. Is that something people still really use today? I never got into it in Smash 4 because adding everyone I battled to my friends list was too much of a hassle but if it's still an active site today it might be worth it to give it another try.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I remember a lot of people recommending Anther's Ladder back in Smash 4 as a better way to practice with tournament rules. Is that something people still really use today? I never got into it in Smash 4 because adding everyone I battled to my friends list was too much of a hassle but if it's still an active site today it might be worth it to give it another try.
Yeah, it's still a thing. Worth a least on try at this point.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Wait, Smash 4 had bad online? I played it a lot and barely had any problems at all, so that's news to me.

Graizen

Smash Champion
There is a oficial version of Agumon called "Santa Agumon"
He was created as a Agumon variation in 2006 for a minigame called "DigiWindow"
You can see it here: https://wikimon.net/DigiWindow

He got a new design recently for the mobile game "Digimon Soul Chaser"
You can see it here: https://wikimon.net/Digimon_Soul_Chaser

This is his original design:
Santaagumon_vpet_dw.jpg

And his new design is now my Avatar.

So it looks like just a regular Agumon with a Santa Hat, but he's actualy a Agumon variation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That is hilarious... wait, that means the fishing rod counts as a projectile. WTF happens if it hits Isabelle?!?
I wish all command grabs were projectiles. Can you imagine what would happen if Flame Choke or Egg Lay was reflected?

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I wish all command grabs were projectiles. Can you imagine what would happen if Flame Choke or Egg Lay was reflected?
Something like this, I imagine.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't it be amazing if we got a second season of DLC fighters? I think it would be, seeing as how the next Smash game is a looooooong ways away.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't it be amazing if we got a second season of DLC fighters? I think it would be, seeing as how the next Smash game is a looooooong ways away.
More characters are always welcome as long as the last newcomer completely destroys the competitive meta

D

Deleted member

More characters are always welcome as long as the last newcomer completely destroys the competitive meta
I guarantee two of the fighters would be Rex from Xenoblade and a Fire Emblem Three Houses lord.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bayonetta: The Sequel.

Jeanne stomps in.

''You thought my girlfriend was bad? Get a load of me."
Sounds like a great timeline.

I guarantee two of the fighters would be Rex from Xenoblade and a Fire Emblem Three Houses lord.
Sounds good to me-wait, is Edelgard a Lord? I thought she had stats similar to a different class. Or do you mean Byleth?

Reimu neutral B, Invincibility
Sounds completely balanced and fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom