• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My Robin Amiibo is learning to perfect shield fast then I can understand how I do it accidentaly
Parrying is hard as hell in this game, can't wait to see matches in 2023 where people finally master parrying and are parrying attacks almost constantly

osby

Smash Obsessed
Parrying is hard as hell in this game, can't wait to see matches in 2023 where people finally master parrying and are parrying attacks almost constantly
It can't be harder than weird stuff like wavedash... right?

Zeox

Smash Champion
I don't know if I already share this, but just in case, I recently made a Mii but he seems to be missing and I'm kinda worried, last time I saw him he was hanging out with Lucas, here's the last photo I have of him:

Please if you see him contact with me.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
After seeing the Joker announcement and Reggie's comments on the future of the DLC, i'm not sure what impression i'm left with for what to expect next.

I have a suspicion that we won't be seeing western companies getting a playable character. As much as I'd love to see Banjo, Crash, or Rayman as they made up a large portion of my childhood. My basis for believing this is fairly weak but like I said it's just suspicion. My reasoning is backed by the fact that every character on the roster is owned by a Japanese company. Along with that characters such as Rayman, Shovel Knight, and Shantae who seemingly had a big push from their respective companies were regulated to mere spirits or assist trophies.

Had the first DLC announcement been a character who was the property of a western based company such as activision, ubisoft, or microsoft. I would be much more open to the possibility of their inclusion. However it wasn't, so i'm assuming the established trend will continue.

I think Ryu Hayabusa is a strong possibility.

I also believe we'll get a character that pushes the boundaries of whats a video game character and what isnt. The reason for this is simply the element of surprise and complete unpredictability. I could maybe see a character such as Agumon since he's sometimes debated on being originally a toy vs. A video game. I could also see Hatsune Miku, although debuting as voice software. I could see loose reasoning for her inclusion being electronic media software isnt too far off from a game and falls under the same umbrella (or something like that). Maybe even Saber from Fate since visual novels being games could also be debated.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
What do you guys think about input lag?
I honestly think that it was bull****, and I don't even notice it. I actually think that trolls on /v/ are using this as the reason why ultimate is considered as worse.

osby

Smash Obsessed
When people get star koed...where do they go? Do they just crash land somewhere and master hand gets them or does Master hand catch them?

Dont they die?
They go where Team Rocket goes after being blasted by Pikachu: A genetic research facility that clones them from their remains.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
After seeing the Joker announcement and Reggie's comments on the future of the DLC, i'm not sure what impression i'm left with for what to expect next.

I have a suspicion that we won't be seeing western companies getting a playable character. As much as I'd love to see Banjo, Crash, or Rayman as they made up a large portion of my childhood. My basis for believing this is fairly weak but like I said it's just suspicion. My reasoning is backed by the fact that every character on the roster is owned by a Japanese company. Along with that characters such as Rayman, Shovel Knight, and Shantae who seemingly had a big push from their respective companies were regulated to mere spirits or assist trophies.

Had the first DLC announcement been a character who was the property of a western based company such as activision, ubisoft, or microsoft. I would be much more open to the possibility of their inclusion. However it wasn't, so i'm assuming the established trend will continue.

I think Ryu Hayabusa is a strong possibility.

I also believe we'll get a character that pushes the boundaries of whats a video game character and what isnt. The reason for this is simply the element of surprise and complete unpredictability. I could maybe see a character such as Agumon since he's sometimes debated on being originally a toy vs. A video game. I could also see Hatsune Miku, although debuting as voice software. I could see loose reasoning for her inclusion being electronic media software isnt too far off from a game and falls under the same umbrella (or something like that). Maybe even Saber from Fate since visual novels being games could also be debated.
This sounds absolutely nuts but it wouldn't surprise me to finally see James Bond.

I don't think it's probable, per se, but it's not impossible, which is just weird to me.

I really think we will have a good variety in the DLC rather than all pipe dream picks, but at the same time considering my pipe dreams like Travis and Phoenix and Sans feel a lot more realizable now I can't help but hope.

I also feel that Ryu Hayabusa has a shot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly though, the people who thought we would get all Corrin-type ad characters in this DLC were kinda scared for no reason

Like Nintendo isn't that stupid that they would choose all these characters that nobody wants. They know which characters would sell well and which ones won't.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
When people get star koed...where do they go? Do they just crash land somewhere and master hand gets them or does Master hand catch them?

Dont they die?
If we assume that they’re still doing the toys to life thing, then, maybe they just have a bunch of them and they don’t go to pick them up after the match, kinda like throwing your action figure across the room and not going to pick up all the other action figures that have fallen off of the table until after the match.

The real question is, what happens to the fighters who get disintegrated by Bayo’s / Zelda’s Final Smashes / Ornes / Danger Zones / Death’s Scythes / Ultimate Chimera or Distant Planet Bulborb in Ultimate / the two halves of Midgar coming together / ect? Is this what toys have come to these days, so flimsy that you can literally disintegrate them into dust by playing with them too forcefully? What a money making scam!

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
It's 10:30 est on a monday, most people are busy at school/work and those who aren't are probably too busy playing Ultimate to go on a thread to discuss Ultimate
I have a test in 10-20 minutes, didn't study at all and I'm losing my time here but everything is fine.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
This sounds absolutely nuts but it wouldn't surprise me to finally see James Bond.

I don't think it's probable, per se, but it's not impossible, which is just weird to me.

I really think we will have a good variety in the DLC rather than all pipe dream picks, but at the same time considering my pipe dreams like Travis and Phoenix and Sans feel a lot more realizable now I can't help but hope.

I also feel that Ryu Hayabusa has a shot.
My own personal opinion/ prediction for DLC, I think Travis Touchdown is fairly likely.

Side note: I hope Cillian Murphy is the next bond.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I was finished for the semester on December 5. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. :ultdarksamus:

D

Deleted member

Honestly though, the people who thought we would get all Corrin-type ad characters in this DLC were kinda scared for no reason

Like Nintendo isn't that stupid that they would choose all these characters that nobody wants. They know which characters would sell well and which ones won't.
That's very true

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about input lag?
I honestly think that it was bull****, and I don't even notice it. I actually think that trolls on /v/ are using this as the reason why ultimate is considered as worse.
Oh I noticed and I DESPISE IT!!! Unfortunately my brother took the gamecube controllers with him to college, but he will coming back soon before my exams end. That being said, it definitely harmed my experience with the game even if slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom