Official Smash Ultimate Discussion: Age of DLC Speculation Begins

Joker DLC reaction?

• Wow.....I mean like, wow.....

• What a buzzkill.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDCabrera

Smash Master
Madison Avenue, 42nd street (Baxter building)
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Ace
Wasn't the creator John Romero?
Doom has more than one creator.

They aren’t adding assist trophies with the dlc
Really? A shame. Stage hazards and cameos inside final smashes and victory screens are still available. Since Tales of is a team game, I really hope that at least a few members of the team are there.

JDCabrera

Smash Master
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Guessing the review embargo is up as I'm starting to see Ultimate reviews on youtube.

All seems pretty good, but I'm getting a lot of "World of Light is WAY too long and WAY too repetitive."
I can't wait to laught at the Eurogamer review where they compare the game to Dark Souls.

JDCabrera

Smash Master
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Yeah but honestly I really really want Hooded/Gerudo Link please daddy Sakurai

Or Monado II for Shulk

Or Detective Pikachu

All of those would be cool
I would like the Varia suit from Samus Returns, the Fusion suit, the Varia suit from Prime, Dark Samus from Prime 2, Fire Mario, Chronicles Simon Belmont, Justin Bailey and Detective Pikachu alts too.

Naked Snake too.

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895

faygoshill

Smash Lord
Ahh, guess I was wrong. She’d be a good addition I’d say, I’d much rather her over Elma but tales of being as big as it is. I still think Lloyd has a higher chance over them. (I’m also bias)
Lloyd has the benefit of his series still being alive (afaik) while Xenosaga is dead in the ground (especially with Takahashi moving to Nintendo)

Lloyd has the benefit of his series still being alive (afaik) while Xenosaga is dead in the ground (especially with Takahashi moving to Nintendo)
KOS-MOS herself is still making appearances as recent as literally last year, plus being dormant hasn't stopped series like Mega Man or Punch-Out getting into Smash.

Droodle

Smash Rookie
At this point I am inclined to agree that Tales of will most likely get a rep. I'd be down for Lloyd but I really want Yuri.

KOSMOS is a popular character but unless a Xenosaga remaster comes out, I can't see her getting in over a relevant series. With that said I do think chances are decent for a KOS-MOS spirit/costume along with whatever Namco rep we get.

ToasterBrains

/s
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Guessing the review embargo is up as I'm starting to see Ultimate reviews on youtube.

Mostly seems very positive, but I'm getting a lot of "World of Light is WAY too long and WAY too repetitive."
Sounds about right lmao
I'm super hype for it but It is kind of the same gimmick for a long time.

Droodle

Smash Rookie
I'd rather have Lloyd than Yuri

And I do think Sakurai will go for Lloyd since he's the most recognizable Tales of character
Maybe in NA, but in Japan Yuri is easily way more popular and recognizable. Again, I'm fine with either character getting into smash. I don't think what Sakurai wants matters for DLC since it is chosen by Nintendo, also it is up to Namco to decide which rep gets in, if any at all.

JDCabrera

Smash Master
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Im starting to be like my sister. Im seeing smash as being the same thing over and over and over and its getting kinda boring
I blame the competitive scene and the modders who make Battlefield clones.

It's a Tekken reference, why would it be a plus for a Tales of character? Plus, Bandai-Namco has more series than those two.
Like Digimon.

Last edited:
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
NNID
kidtendo1996
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Maybe in NA, but in Japan Yuri is easily way more popular and recognizable. Again, I'm fine with either character getting into smash. I don't think what Sakurai wants matters for DLC since it is chosen by Nintendo, also it is up to Namco to decide which rep gets in, if any at all.
Well yeah

But looking at the Castlevania situation (with Richter being classified as the echo instead of Simon) makes me think Lloyd will be a priority