• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm currently listening to Howard Stern, and apparently mail is not delivered on national days of mourning. This is awkward for everyone who ordered the game online...

Bionichute

Smash Champion
no seriously i remember seeing a monster hunter series logo on the website, but its either been lost to time or im just remembering wrong

D

Deleted member

Um...

Okay, but this sounds like a very arbitrary and subjective reason to change a logo.
That’s what the song says (technically, it says “loves” instead of “wants”, but the rest is the same).

Also: didn’t some stages based on franchises without fighters got icons too?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mentioned this once but didn't have a clip to show it so here it is. Probably the easiest way to get Skewer on Ridley
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Also
Damn, I'm glad they acted so fast. Shows that Nintendo actually listened to the complaints.

D

Deleted member

no seriously i remember seeing a monster hunter series logo on the website, but its either been lost to time or im just remembering wrong
Some franchises without fighters got icons too, mostly the ones who have stages (like Hanenbow or Balloon Fighter).

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i can't be the only one that thinks its super weird that monster hunter gets an entire themed dungeon based around it when every other dungeon has a playable franchise attached to it right

like that's weird

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Game and Watch Featherless.png

Game and Watch without the feather looks like a lil' caveman.

I welcome the change with open arms.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i can't be the only one that thinks its super weird that monster hunter gets an entire themed dungeon based around it when every other dungeon has a playable franchise attached to it right

like that's weird
I mean. It is the best representation of the series. Monster Hunter is all about journeying through a world to kill a big monster. The character is largely irrelevant. So he got the most important part. I think he just wanted to throw the franchise some love but realized a fighter would be semi-generic (IMO I think he should use the Monster Hunter character from MvC but whatever)

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
its a shame i can never play game and watch again without thinking about him being racist

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean. It is the best representation of the series. Monster Hunter is all about journeying through a world to kill a big monster. The character is largely irrelevant. I think he just wanted to throw the franchise some love but realized a fighter would be semi-generic (IMO I think he should use the Monster Hunter character from MvC but whatever)
Yeah, third parties and all but we already have Villager and Monster Hunter shown to work as a playable fighter in MVC:I

D

Deleted member

its a shame i can never play game and watch again without thinking about him being racist
To be honest:
The same thing got censored with the GBA remake of the Game & Watch machines.

So Nintendo fixed it many years before.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I mean. It is the best representation of the series. Monster Hunter is all about journeying through a world to kill a big monster. The character is largely irrelevant. So he got the most important part. I think he just wanted to throw the franchise some love but realized a fighter would be semi-generic (IMO I think he should use the Monster Hunter character from MvC but whatever)
the actual monster hunting in monster hunter is half the fun of it, the other half are the tools you use to hunt the monsters. the series is filled with weird weapons and traps that could very easily be put into smash

its just really weird they'd give monster hunter more love than final fantasy and yet not actually give it a playable character, it was probably expensive to license out

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
the actual monster hunting in monster hunter is half the fun of it, the other half are the tools you use to hunt the monsters. the series is filled with weird weapons and traps that could very easily be put into smash

its just really weird they'd give monster hunter more love than final fantasy and yet not actually give it a playable character, it was probably expensive to license out
It helps that Capcom has been a billion times more cooperative than Square has. I have a feeling, if Sakurai got his way, Final Fantasy would have a LOT more content in Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mentioned this once but didn't have a clip to show it so here it is. Probably the easiest way to get Skewer on Ridley
If that works on every character, then that's actually a pretty big deal. Read your opponent correctly and you could easily net roughly 60% damage with one attack, then be able to follow up with something else.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I wouldn't call the characters irrelevant, honestly. It may not be the main focus of gameplay, but armor, customization, cosmetics and emotes etc; are a huge part of the series just as much as say Splatoon or Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you guys think the main site will update to reflect the game launch?

D

Deleted member

Sorry if i sound like a ******** person...

But could you explain me the Xenoblade thing too?
I thought that each game took place in different locations until now.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; censor dodging
Who said anything about Zoe, we were talking about Chloe from Miraculous Ladybug.
... O_O

Mod Edit: Video removed

D

Deleted member

Who said anything about Zoe, we were talking about Chloe from Miraculous Ladybug.

"Did you know Super Smash Bros Ultimate just launched?"
I just thought something:

Imagine that you enter the site tomorrow, and after choosing the language, Xander Mobus screams “Smash Ultimate has just released!” When it ends up loading, with background music.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Every moment that passes, I am more and more tempted to just shell out for an SD card and get the digital version of Smash. Amazon is testing me...

D

Deleted member

If that works on every character, then that's actually a pretty big deal. Read your opponent correctly and you could easily net roughly 60% damage with one attack, then be able to follow up with something else.
Just condition them into expecting an Up Tilt and once you get to a later stock you just pull out Down B and bam, free 60%.

D

Deleted member

Every moment that passes, I am more and more tempted to just shell out for an SD card and get the digital version of Smash. Amazon is testing me...
I always buy on retail stores.

Amazon hates the Canary Islands, or at least it seems so due to the denial of many shippings here.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Sorry if i sound like a ******** person...

But could you explain me the Xenoblade thing too?
I thought that each game took place in different locations until now.
Xenoblade 1 and 2 takes place at the same time, but in different universe. When Klaus (scientist Zanza) destroyed the old universe and created a new one. He was split into two, Zanza (who ended up in Xeno 1's world) and the Architect (who was left behind in Xeno 2's world). Around the end of Xenoblade 2, Shulk are preparing to battle Zanza, which will kill both Zanza and the Architect. That's how the two game are connected.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I always buy on retail stores.

Amazon hates the Canary Islands, or at least it seems so due to the denial of many shippings here.
Islands generally have a problem with this, even relatively bigger ones like Cyprus.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Also
Damn, I'm glad they acted so fast. Shows that Nintendo actually listened to the complaints.
I've seen so many people mad with this lmao

"IT STARTS LIKE THIS AND NEXT YOU KNOW THERE'S A GAMER GENOCIDE!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom