• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has Ninty ever really gotten into the console wars, though? They’re still making stuff for the 3DS, and that’s getting close to 10 at this point. Nintendo’s new gen consoles have always been way offset from the others.

Also, the Switch just released last March. It’s still a bit early to be considering the successor so soon...
Less a successor, more an upgrade. I honestly think Nintendo should wait out the last of this gen and the entirety of the next generation if they can.

I want the Switch to be the Gameboy of the home consoles, long-living as ****.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah, it's gonna be the rest of the cast from Fire Emblem: Awakening
Due to FEA being the hottest **** ever and justifying infinity+1 characters, we are now renaming this game Smash Emblem Awakening.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
If spirits deconfirm, King Boo and E Gadd are deconfirmed, which is really weird. Like, why wouldn't you want to promote Luigi's ******* Mansion 3?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Due to FEA being the hottest **** ever and justifying infinity+1 characters, we are now renaming this game Smash Emblem Awakening.
To be fair, FEA rebooted the franchise to a new version of what it is today, so it definitely left an impact.

:ultrobin: should definitely stay for introducing the avatar gimmick and also being pretty faithful to what FE is. Maybe :ultchrom: if :ultroy: gets kicked out, but for an inbetween for :ultmarth: and :ultrobin: I'd honestly pick an FE7 character *cough* Hector *cough* for being the landmark that made FE international.

i was rambling about the minimum for a fire emblem roster in smash dont mind me

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Due to FEA being the hottest **** ever and justifying infinity+1 characters, we are now renaming this game Smash Emblem reAwakening.
It will also include the characters of the next switch fire emblem game.... Fire emblem the reawekening (the leaks were reaaaal)

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Oh ****
Also a Pit spirit
Confirmation that playable characters can have differently-styled artwork as Spirits, as I suspected. Wonder what that Spirit battle would be?

Which means Geno and others are still on the table.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Confirmation that playable characters can have differently-styled artwork as Spirits, as I suspected. Wonder what that Spirit battle would be?

inb4 we see it labeled as "classic Pic"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
N-No! It's just a different version of the character! Geno's deconfirmed, I swear! The guy said they were gone for good, it has to be true even if I don't speak Japanese! It has to be!

wojak.jpg

i rag on spirits = deconfirm people too much

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The funniest thing is we've never seen Geno as a spirit. He was just an icon. Lol.

But those icons might have represented attached Spirits, but like...

Where are the Spirits? Where are the Square spirits? We've seen them from legit every third party company in the game except Square Enix.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The funniest thing is we've never seen Geno as a spirit. He was just an icon. Lol.

But those icons might have represented attached Spirits, but like...

Where are the Spirits? Where are the Square spirits? We've seen them from legit every third party company in the game except Square Enix.
Geno is probably a Spirit because he was already licensed with the Mii costume and such.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Geno is probably a Spirit because he was already licensed with the Mii costume and such.
This is why people simply need to stop discredting him.

He's the only Square character who has had any type of internal discussions we've known about and to what extent we truly don't know.

That doesn't mean they didn't discuss other Square characters, but people should probably stop glossing over this fact in case it bites them in the ass later.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Geno isn't confirmed as a Spirit yet, but he is an icon for multiplayer (and I think icons are just Spirits, so that could mean he is a Spirit). Some people took that to mean he was deconfirmed, along with any other character who had a Spirit, even if the art for the Spirit doesn't match whatever art they might have if they were a fighter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geno isn't confirmed as a Spirit yet, but he is an icon for multiplayer (and I think icons are just Spirits, so that could mean he is a Spirit). Some people took that to mean he was deconfirmed, along with any other character who had a Spirit, even if the art for the Spirit doesn't match whatever art they might have if they were a fighter.
Honestly I'd be insulted if my character wasn't a Spirit but was an icon at best.
Some Spirits can only be crafted, right? He may be one of those and we haven't had the access to view it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly I'd be insulted if my character wasn't a Spirit but was an icon at best.
Some Spirits can only be crafted, right? He may be one of those and we haven't had the access to view it.
To get Geno, combine Wood-man with Starfy.

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
Icons aren't spirits. Compare the art on the Majora's Mask Moon online icon to it's spirit. I made a post going into more detail yesterday. Somewhat related but I find it interesting that the only confirmed DLC character (PP) doesn't have a spirit.

(also ignore my avatar)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know I was kinda hoping for an argument to post this but whatever.
Anyone who cries about characters like Bayonetta or Corrin or whatever ruining the integrity of the Smash roster can **** off. This is the same game that has Mario In Different Clothes, Baby Pikachu, Samus In A Different Outfit, Link But A Child, Link But A Cartoon Child, you get the idea. If you still believe the character you didn't like made Smash lose it's spirit then you're honestly just a ****ing child

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know I was kinda hoping for an argument to post this but whatever.
Anyone who cries about characters like Bayonetta or Corrin or whatever ruining the integrity of the Smash roster can **** off. This is the same game that has Mario In Different Clothes, Baby Pikachu, Samus In A Different Outfit, Link But A Child, Link But A Cartoon Child, you get the idea. If you still believe the character you didn't like made Smash lose it's spirit then you're honestly just a ****ing child
chill man.png

I don't even know who this is even supposed to be directed at.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Let Gwen rant. It's for the best otherwise it stores up inside of her like bile and poisons her. She needs to let it out to save her life.

Plus she has a point, but you know it was a little out of nowhere and worded aggressively.
Fisher's right, if I don't say **** enough times during the day, I start suffering heart failure

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Icons aren't spirits. Compare the art on the Majora's Mask Moon online icon to it's spirit. I made a post going into more detail yesterday. Somewhat related but I find it interesting that the only confirmed DLC character (PP) doesn't have a spirit.

(also ignore my avatar)
Fam we know less than half the Spirits from what I understand let's not assume too fast

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly?
The only thing good thing about Spirits possibly deconfirming characters means that almost every competition is eliminated as far as survivor candidates go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom