• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
I don't wanna ruin this thread even further, so i'll keep this short.

The female form awakens the biological want to reproduce for those of us attracted to Women, breasts are a prominent part of that form, so we're attracted to them. It's how our brains are wired.

Isn't science interesting?
big if true

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’d be great if Snake’s palutena guidance is basically a codec but with kid icarus characters.
Or it’s just Pit and Snake talking to and bonding with one another (Smash needs more bros, we got the new :ultsonic::ultpikachu: and :ultridley::ultkrool:, now we need :ultpit::ultsnake:)

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
"Wario farts to hurt opponents, how is a sword any different?"

Umm having more range, and not having to charge it?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
All the returning veterans are getting guidances too, aren't they? This'll be interesting.
From what I've seen, a lot of them are reused from Smash 4, unless there's major changes like Link. No word on whether Robin's will change, though I'd find it hilarious if they kept it the same.

EDIT: Never mind; you meant the previously cut veterans, like Wolf, Snake, Ice Climbers, etc.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All the returning veterans are getting guidances too, aren't they? This'll be interesting.
Only most, a good amount of them with major changes are getting newer ones (like :ultlink: and all the vets who didn’t get one)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One issue is Ike.

His PG mentions how he got older and way more buff in his RD form, but seeing as they reverted back to the PoR design for the default, that wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
GameXplain stated that only SOME of the veterans (like Link) will get new guidances. The rest will be reused from 4
That makes sense. Not all of them need to be redone.

Shame about the codecs though. I preferred those, since they had such a different tone to everything else in the game.

Though I bet they'll bring back Snake's friends for his Guidance, like how Slippy was in Snake's Codec for one of the Star Fox guys.

D

Deleted member

Shame about the codecs though. I preferred those, since they had such a different tone to everything else in the game.

Though I bet they'll bring back Snake's friends for his Guidance, like how Slippy was in Snake's Codec for one of the Star Fox guys.
I hope they at least recycle the Brawl codecs, it would be better than nothing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One issue is Ike.

His PG mentions how he got older and way more buff in his RD form, but seeing as they reverted back to the PoR design for the default, that wouldn't make much sense.
Keep that for older Ike, and make one for young Ike

I like how you don’t sound salty about Codecs being gone
I hope the Smash 4 dlc fighters get their own guidances.
Especially :ultbayonetta:

D

Deleted member

I hope they at least recycle the Brawl codecs, it would be better than nothing.
I want them to talk about how excited everyone is that Sonic is here in Brawl.

:4pacman:

I'd be okay with the Brawl codecs being recycled, it's just that some of them won't make sense.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultlink: is obviously redone.
:ultike: is obviously getting either a whole new one or one done for his younger alt.
:ultrobin: has to change or else continuity makes 0 sense. Viridi's new voice actor was probably told to emulate the old one as much as she could.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

NineS

Smash Lord
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
Here's my list:

❖ 2B, NieR: Automata; I shouldn't have to explain it at this point. So I'll just simplify it. Top-notch game with amazing writing I feel would bring more attention to, amazing character designs, emotional impact that I have a hard time feeling from most other games as most others make me feel jaded at this point, and 10/10 music. Sakurai also likes NieR, and Square Enix sees it as a huge moneymaker.

❖ Slime, Dragon Quest: Similar to your Starfy reasoning (who I also have a nostalgic connection to). In love with the simple creature for as long as I can remember, and it's the thing I've wanted in Smash the longest. I thought it was an unlikely character up until the DLC speculation era of now kicked it. It's cute and Iconic.

And... That's it for the characters I truly want in Smash.
I'm a simple man.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The game would have no reason for it, but I want my boi's guidance to be reworked. The whole "it's a boy but it LAYS EGGS?!!!" bit was funny the first time in Brawl, but not the second time...
Ok but theyre Reworking it to the Dodged his Taxes meme instead :p

D

Deleted member

I'll do you one better.
How about a character that actually loses part of their clothing in a certain attack (but are able to regenerate it later if needed)?

She's in. (I hope.)
If 2B's so good, why isn't there a 3B?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Does anyone think that a 2v2 is a good concept in fighting games? Is it better than 3v3?
Yeah, it's a great way to get people's favorite characters together while providing more gameplay variance.
I wouldn't say better, but it does place more weight on both characters and doesn't lead to a character best used for their assist move.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Around that age, yeah.

I totally understand why Kill la Kill is controversial but god it's an entertaining show to watch.
Kill la Kill, which i never seen because eh wasnt my thing, seems to me what would happen if you combined Nudism/Naturism as a concept with Chem Trail level conspiracy theory, and then made a plot out of whatever the hell came out of that unholy matrimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom