• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is really silly, but whenever I see Incineroar footage and he does a pose I start giggling like kid. He just brings me joy, i'm so glad he's here.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have no reason to believe anyone could 100 percent discredit Geno from being potentially in the running when we know for a fact of any potential Square reps. He is purely the one and only one who has already had some type of discussion about his presence in the game. No other talks of this nature are known.

You'd have to have 100 percent fool point proof of an inside discussion about Geno or who the Square rep is to disclaim him.

And I have a feeling that NO ONE knows 100 percent who the Square rep is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I cannot help but wonder if Sakurai meant the regular Sun & Moon games. Incineroar existed since 2016. The game confusion deal with Sakurai saying Zelda's new Ultimate design being based on LBW when it was actually inspired by LttP (I believe) makes me a bit hesitant to believe that Incineroar was actually picked in 2017.
Well, the titles are similar in Japan between LBW and LttP, which is where official translator error came in.
But this was directly translated from the column.

D

Deleted member

This is really silly, but whenever I see Incineroar footage and he does a pose I start giggling like kid. He just brings me joy, i'm so glad he's here.
I get a big, dumb grin on my face whenever I look at Inkling, Isabelle, or K. Rool footage, so you're definitely not alone feeling that way about a character. I even caught myself hopping up and down like a little kid watching some of the matches that have been uploaded to Youtube recently, lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I get a big, dumb grin on my face whenever I look at Inkling, Isabelle, or K. Rool footage, so you're definitely not alone feeling that way about a character. I even caught myself hopping up and down like a little kid watching some of the matches that have been uploaded to Youtube recently, lol.
Those guys are rad too! Every new character in Ultimate is someone who resonates with me, except Simon. I dunno why Simon doesn't call to me but he doesn't.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Asked Hitagi:

"And asking for a friend of mine , did you heard something about Klonoa for Smash?"

She said:

"nope"

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Back to Cloud's dilemma in Smash. SE is stingy enough to not allow their Jpegs to be in, they can't be stingy enough to not allow him to get a guidance right, right!?

NineS

Smash Lord
Ay, not sure how long that spoiler was in your sig before but uh
There's not enough room to see what's actually underneath it.
Oh, I know.
I just have that there because it's my older Signature, along with the things in my signature but full-sized and higher res.
It's been there for half a month now, I believe?
You can still check out the spoiler in my profile. But it's nothing important, really.
Just the image you can already see in my signature + an image linking to 2B's support thread.
(Which you should totally check out if any of you support 2B.)
(Please do. It's been a little inactive as of late and it's lonely.)

Not sure why I kept it there... But oh well. Thanks for trying to notify me though.

EDIT: Dammit, I forgot images haven't worked lately.. It was a screenshot of the full signature. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470862120649752576/514304015589179434/unknown.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Those guys are rad too! Every new character in Ultimate is someone who resonates with me, except Simon. I dunno why Simon doesn't call to me but he doesn't.
I actually really disliked Simon at first, ha ha. However, like Incineroar, I was convinced after seeing footage. :)

Heck, I've even changed my mind about Chrom. Ken is the only one I'm still very "Ugh" about, lol. He just isn't my thing. :p

LetterO

Smash Lord
Back to Cloud's dilemma in Smash. SE is stingy enough to not allow their Jpegs to be in, they can't be stingy enough to not allow him to get a guidance right, right!?
"Who's this fighter, Palutena?"
"That would be Cl-I mean, I have no data on this fighter, it seems."

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Last stage before the final boss was that running away from the police that wanting to arrest him for committing tax fraud
Both of you are wrong. Yoshi's final boss is Simon with Miles Edgeworth's Spirit. The condition? You must bring Phoenix Wright's Spirit with you to defend Yoshi from the IRS. Here's how you succeed:
Prove you have Diplomatic Immunity since the IRS does not exist in the Mushroom Kingdom
The evidence is all there!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Both of you are wrong. Yoshi's final boss is Simon with Miles Edgeworth's Spirit. The condition? You must bring Phoenix Wright's Spirit with you to defend Yoshi from the IRS. Here's how you succeed:
Prove you have Diplomatic Immunity since the IRS does not exist in the Mushroom Kingdom
The evidence is all there!
May I make a correction...

Yoshi's Island does not reside in the Mushroom Kingdom

Not that it matters

D

Deleted member

Cloud's guidance will have a SE lawyer come and serve Palutena a cease & desist.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Pit: Who's that, Lady Palutena?
Palutena: I'll tell you, but it will cost you $1. So pay up!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not necessarily.
Them talking ABOUT Cloud shouldn't be too difficult.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Asked Hitagi:

"And asking for a friend of mine , did you heard something about Klonoa for Smash?"

She said:

"nope"
You know I've refrained from saying this, but it's kind of in bad taste to reveal the contents of your PMs with someone like this.

I get you have the community's best interest at hand, but not only do you potentially put Hitagi at risk. You also just end up not helping matters when it comes to speculation.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Real talk, I'm not buying the idea that Rex is 100% deconfirmed for DLC yet. They made it explicitly clear that the Rex costume wasn't going to be base content despite it being obvious that he could have been given the existence of Mii Costumes for Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Labo, Splatoon 2 Inklings, and even Nia. The argument of "this Mii Costume is compensation for Rex not being in the game" falls on deaf ears since Rex fans as far as we know have to buy the 25$ fighter pass to get him while pretty much every other popular 1st party request other than Bandana Dee got either an Assist Trophy or a Mii Costume in the base game and even the plant is going to be free for early adopters despite being a fullblown character.

Not saying he's in, just noting that he's in a very unique situation compared to both the Smash 4 DLC Mii Costumes as well as other deconfirmed characters in Ultimate like Spring Man such that I'm going to pass on making any sort of judgement at least until there's confirmation that we can buy his Mii Costume outside of the Season Pass.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Looking at the gameplay for this game only makes me want to frisbee my copy of Smash 4 into the anus of a crocodile because of how much better this **** looks

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looking at the gameplay for this game only makes me want to frisbee my copy of Smash 4 into the anus of a crocodile because of how much better this **** looks
Remind me to never get boring around you.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
What AT bosses/battles are you hoping for?

For me? Anything with Isaac, Waluigi, and Spring-Man involved cause while it absolutely sucks they're not in, at least it'll nice to see them in action for more than 15 seconds.

I'd bring up Shadow too but he effects the characters rather then direct combat so I doubt he'll be a KO-able one.

LetterO

Smash Lord

For me? Anything with Isaac, Waluigi, and Spring-Man involved cause while it absolutely sucks they're not in, at least it'll nice to see them in action for more than 15 seconds.

I'd bring up Shadow too but he effects the characters rather then direct combat so I doubt he'll be a KO-able one.
I want a Super Metroid Mother Brain fight.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Real talk, I'm not buying the idea that Rex is 100% deconfirmed for DLC yet. They made it explicitly clear that the Rex costume wasn't going to be base content despite it being obvious that he could have been given the existence of Mii Costumes for Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Labo, Splatoon 2 Inklings, and even Nia. The argument of "this Mii Costume is compensation for Rex not being in the game" falls on deaf ears since Rex fans as far as we know have to buy the 25$ fighter pass to get him while pretty much every other popular 1st party request other than Bandana Dee got either an Assist Trophy or a Mii Costume in the base game and even the plant is going to be free for early adopters despite being a fullblown character.

Not saying he's in, just noting that he's in a very unique situation compared to both the Smash 4 DLC Mii Costumes as well as other deconfirmed characters in Ultimate like Spring Man such that I'm going to pass on making any sort of judgement at least until there's confirmation that we can buy his Mii Costume outside of the Season Pass.
[Rex fan coolly approaches]

Carter, I was a Rex/Xenoblade 2 Rep supporter for this game. Sakurai specifically stated that he could not include Rex in the game at all. The Mii outfit is a consolation award for him missing the deadline. There is no point in making the costume just for Rex, even as a hypothetical "bonus". There is redundancy behind the whole ordeal if we look at it through your goggles.

Now in regards to future DLC beyond the 5 we are getting, I can see there being an upgrade or two provided the incentive is there. It would be a stupid stipulation to keep Rex unplayable after a Season 2 pack just because of his Mii Fighter status. By then, Sakurai should have the freedom to include him (or just a Xenoblade 2 rep) on his own volition. Even Spring Man has a shot, provided he becomes one of the first ever "Assist Trophy Upgrades".

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I cannot help but wonder if Sakurai meant the regular Sun & Moon games. Incineroar existed since 2016. The game confusion deal with Sakurai saying Zelda's new Ultimate design being based on LBW when it was actually inspired by LttP (I believe) makes me a bit hesitant to believe that Incineroar was actually picked in 2017.
That’s my same thought process.

If Incineroar was picked during Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, then Sakurai would’ve only been able to develop Incineroar between November 2017 - August 2018 at the absolute latest.

That’s definitely isn’t a lot of time, and this doesn’t include how Rex timing was set up in a way that apparently was a problem for DLC when a character was decided around that same time period and got into the base roster.

I’m pretty sure Sakurai meant the original Sun and Moon, and by the time those rolled out, he decided to include him. He would’ve had far more time to develop Incineroar if he started on him in late 2016 than late 2017.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Krystal, Krystal, Krystal, Krystal, and Alucard and Zero

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

Not exactly the same thing, but I really want to see a mode where you equip an assist and once you fill up a little meter, they come out and, well, assist you.

In terms of bosses all I want is Marx/02 and more returning bosses from Subspace. Metal Sonic would be neat too.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** guys, Enzo is confirmed as a playable fighter in the base roster along with Groose!

Graizen

Smash Champion
You know I've refrained from saying this, but it's kind of in bad taste to reveal the contents of your PMs with someone like this.

I get you have the community's best interest at hand, but not only do you potentially put Hitagi at risk. You also just end up not helping matters when it comes to speculation.
I asked if i could post these messages here.

She said yes , no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom