• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Speculation in general is really depressing right now. Most people's hopes for their most wanted characters getting in have been crushed.
It's also just kinda boring. We have nothing to talk about that isn't the same stuff we've been talking about for weeks.

"You guys think we'll get rayman?"
"maybe we can get geno"
"idk what about steve or banjo"

It's literally been this for weeks and honestly it just makes me want the game more so there's more to talk about.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
We never actually got a female robin amiibo for some reason yet we still got both Corrin genders.
True, but you gotta remember that the last 3 DLC characters (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta) all got 2 Amiibos; it might have something to do with that.

Hence why we never got Female Robin, Male Wii Fit, Alph etc.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Whoh whoh whoh, what's going on? I'm hearing Bandana Dee and Elma are spirits and other new things. Someone fill me in?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm such a dweeb for video games.

I just did the gayest clap and happy ''OH KARIN!" seeing Karin as a spirit in GameXPlain's World of Light gameplay.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
It's also just kinda boring. We have nothing to talk about that isn't the same stuff we've been talking about for weeks.

"maybe we can get geno"

It's literally been this for weeks and honestly it just makes me want the game more so there's more to talk about.
"I want ____ as DLC."
"Actually, they're a spirit."
"What if that doesn't deconfirm them?"
"Quit being naive."
"What about ____?"
"The leaks say otherwise."
"What if they're wrong?"
"They can't be wrong, a different leaker said they trust them."
"Wanna talk about waifus?"
"Okay."

D

Deleted member

So, any Minecraft spirits found yet? Or content of any kind?

'Cause if not, that makes things very interesting with Verge's MC content rumor.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's like 100x more people than have played FE.
You're right. Let me rephrase.

"Smash players who have never played FE and also care enough about FE to care who Lyn is and also have ATs turned on at all."

Fixed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Whoh whoh whoh, what's going on? I'm hearing Bandana Dee and Elma are spirits and other new things. Someone fill me in?
Yeah...
Both were confirmed to be spirits.
So if we go by the mindset of "spirits deconfirm characters" we're basically left with a FE 3 Houses rep and a Gen 8 Pokemon rep (1st party- wise).

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Sorry to get off topic for a second but give it up for page 8100! Only 901 more pages until we hit over 9000 pages.

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to get off topic for a second but give it up for page 8100! Only 901 more pages until we hit over 9000 pages.
When the time comes, we all must spam Vegeta gifs.
(Just make sure to also have text in the messages otherwise we'll all get flagged with spam becuase SmashBoards hates when you only post images even though this time it technically would be spam in this case.)

D

Deleted member

I still feel like saying Spirits deconfirms characters is incredibly jumping the gun when all Spirits are are this game's trophies and those never deconfirmed anyone, but meh, to each their own.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not disagreeing, but I don't understand what makes one white-haired multi-gendered Fire Emblem character that no one expected more deserving of two amiibo than other white-haired multi-gendered Fire Emblem character that no one expected.
That post was kind of a joke to be honest...

I'd assume the reason Corrin got 2 Amiibo was because Cloud and Bayonetta also got 2...
Wow. Never thought I’d see “Corrin” and “Amazing” together in the same sentence.
You'd better believe it...
I thought I liked you.

You are dead to me now.
Um... oops...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not disagreeing, but I don't understand what makes one white-haired multi-gendered Fire Emblem character that no one expected more deserving of two amiibo than other white-haired multi-gendered Fire Emblem character that no one expected.
Because one was DLC, it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It is clearly DreamLand from 3DS, but maybe on Battlefield form.
I thought he meant the Smashball, which I believe was just normal in the original 3DS version.

Does it really have a different design on that stage? If so, does it change for some others too?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope, that's new.

What is that exactly? Is that a Smash Ball?
A weird one at that.
It doesn’t fit the idea of the stage pretty well (an accurate representation of the worlds in Dreamland 1, as they appeared on the Gameboy).

Maybe it could work better in PictoChat.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

"maybe we can get geno"

I thought after the November Direct, we'd move on to just talking about the game. But they laid out the DLC plans, and then everyone jumped on that train of discussion for almost three weeks, despite there being very little to go off of.

It's exciting that we're getting a bunch of more concrete news today, so we can actually talk about the game instead of whichever random anime character might be a DLC character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Two years ago I made a crappy Miiverse post with Dude Corrin touching Girl Corrins face.

I called it How to train your Corrin.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I thought he meant the Smashball, which I believe was just normal in the original 3DS version.

Does it really have a different design on that stage? If so, does it change for some others too?
I wonder if that is the case. It would make for an interesting change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom