• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Has Engage the Enemy been officially confirmed yet? There's no reason for it to be out, but it technically hasn't been confirmed.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think Snake Chantey is horrible news for everyone that want Dixie as DLC.
Day after day it becomes a minimum possibility.
It's so unfair that Sakurai messed up not inserting her into Brawl/Smash4 and now they probably thought that 2 Dk newcomers would be too much. Just because DKC aren't japanese games.
I agree that "Sakurai bias' argument is a bit overated, but the man is very harsh with not-JP stuff, at least DK.
He frequently puts the original DK importance over everything else that the series have become.

EDIT: Where's the remix ? I'd like to a least listen and think about the awesome guitar spike I'll never be able to perform.
uh...........
what?

Snakey Chantey is DKC2 song.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
I know it's unlikely, but I would love to get some music from the Gen 2 Pokemon remakes. Not remixes, just HQ versions of them, as they are already perfect.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y'know, the removal of trophies makes me wonder sometimes...

If trophies had been removed earlier in the series, what would that have changed?

On one hand, we'd lose things like unique Character and Final Smash trophies, Trophy stands in SSE, Coin Launcher, the Trophy event matches in Melee, Trophy rush, etc. We'd lose a lot of content, and that would really suck, honestly.

On the other hand though, what would we gain?

Would Dedede have been added in Melee? Would we have gotten more Brawl characters?

I dunno. It's interesting to think about, at least.

I don't think I'd have traded trophies for those things though, IMO.
I'm okay with their absence in Ultimate, but that's more of a time thing, I think.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If trophies had been removed earlier in the series, what would that have changed?

On one hand, we'd lose things like unique Character and Final Smash trophies, Trophy stands in SSE, Coin Launcher, the Trophy event matches in Melee, Trophy rush, etc. We'd lose a lot of content, and that would really suck, honestly.
Would you have lost them though? Or would they have just been .jpegs all along.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am utterly convinced that Roy in Smash is essentially an OC and that's the character people like. Ph1r3 b0i and "son of Eliwood" Roy feel so different in terms of personality. Hell, he doesn't even have any version of his designs, just a Smash original one.

I think he probably has THE most differences from his canonical version. ZSS's jet boots notwithstanding.
Could have a lot to do with the way FE6 was translated however. It's never been translated officially. I think his abilities match up quite well, given Roy is quite a lot like Marth in his origin game as well. Only thing he lacks is that Neutral B isn't a projectile, but otherwise? He's quite well represented.

ZSS jet boots is definitely taking the cake in 'out of context' or 'creative liberty taken too far' though.

D

Deleted member

Has Engage the Enemy been officially confirmed yet? There's no reason for it to be out, but it technically hasn't been confirmed.
I'm prettt sure it's in, I remember seeing it either in footage of a match or when they were showing XC2 music off

Also, side not, if they're not saving it for DLC (PLEASE DADDY SAKURAI) then Xenoblade X music better be unlockable at least. Sawano's music is kickass and hearing it in Smash would be great

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Could have a lot to do with the way FE6 was translated however. It's never been translated officially. I think his abilities match up quite well, given Roy is quite a lot like Marth in his origin game as well. Only thing he lacks is that Neutral B isn't a projectile, but otherwise? He's quite well represented.

ZSS jet boots is definitely taking the cake in 'out of context' or 'creative liberty taken too far' though.
Neutral B may not be a projectile, but its hitbox is pretty massive. (Fully charged)

Seriously, that move goes way farther that it looks.

D

Deleted member

I'm prettt sure it's in, I remember seeing it either in footage of a match or when they were showing XC2 music off
I'm going to need a source. When they show the XB2 music, we see all the songs from Smash 4 except Engage the Enemy and Time to Fight. Sense the first two songs in the list are cut off in the footage, it's likely that those two tracks are back, but I can't confirm yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
uh...........
what?

Snakey Chantey is DKC2 song.
Exactly.
It means that K.Rool inclusion also represents DKC 2 songs, making it harder for her to debut as DLC.
Our best hope, and I think this can hapen, is the DLC character don't be connected with the songs from his package.
I thought it coul work but people have here wrote that I'm insane to think they'd mix songs from other franchises in a character DLC package.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Would you have lost them though? Or would they have just been .jpegs all along.
Yes, we would.

I honestly don't mind the removal of non-character trophies, but I always loved to look at the models for Character and Final Smash trophies.
I'll definitely miss those most of all.

Plus, I was also talking about the modes. Without trophies, we likely wouldn't have those modes.
Or at least, they wouldn't be the same as they are now.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Exactly.
It means that K.Rool inclusion also represents DKC 2 songs, making it harder for her to debut as DLC.
Our best hope, and I think this can hapen, is the DLC character don't be connected with the songs from his package.
I thought it coul work but people have here wrote that I'm insane to think they'd mix songs from other franchises in a character DLC package.
I'm just hoping echo fighters are still on the table as free updates or smaller content. I'd take Dixie as a Diddy echo over never getting her. Same with Impa.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Plus, I was also talking about the modes. Without trophies, we likely wouldn't have those modes.
Or at least, they wouldn't be the same as they are now.
There's no reason all those modes wouldn't be there with you collecting stickers instead of trophies.

I think the biggest change would be that Assist Trophies would probably have been, like, Assist Capsules instead.

D

Deleted member

Can we stop calling Spirits JPEGs please? They're PNGs at least, sense they're transparent.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The jet boots were probably a request from Sakamoto, since I doubt the Smash team would make huge changes like that to characters without at least consulting the original developers. It seems like the type of thing Sakamoto would do.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think that some of the characters who have been redesigned for Ultimate should get new amiibo that reflect their new design? I would love to get an Ocarina of Time Ganondorf amiibo.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to need a source. When they show the XB2 music, we see all the songs from Smash 4 except Engage the Enemy and Time to Fight. Sense the first two songs in the list are cut off in the footage, it's likely that those two tracks are back, but I can't confirm yet.
Ok so I looked at the vid I was watching that I thought was Ultimate and it was actually Smash 4. My brain just had a massive fart, my bad

Idk why they would ever take it out its prolly an unlockable

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Can we stop calling Spirits JPEGs please? They're PNGs at least, sense they're transparent.
I've been saying that all along, but I guess most people either don't know the difference or think there's an element of humor in saying JPEG instead.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
There's no reason all those modes wouldn't be there with you collecting stickers instead of trophies.

I think the biggest change would be that Assist Trophies would probably have been, like, Assist Capsules instead.
That's only Coin Launcher and Trophy Rush though.

It doesn't account for the other things I mentioned.

Besides, the point of the post was moreso wondering what could have been added if trophies were cut earlier.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly.
Why? Is DKC3 still forgotten around these parts? I mean, it's Dixie's game as a lead character, and there's still potential for a Tropical Freeze stage with her arrival. So why the doomy gloomy stuff?

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think that some of the characters who have been redesigned for Ultimate should get new amiibo that reflect their new design? I would love to get an Ocarina of Time Ganondorf amiibo.
An OoT Ganondorf amiibo would be awesome! I'd also like to see Luigi get a new one, as I was never a fan of his Smash 4 character render.

D

Deleted member

Ok so I looked at the vid I was watching that I thought was Ultimate and it was actually Smash 4. My brain just had a massive fart, my bad

Idk why they would ever take it out its prolly an unlockable
If all the music we've seen so far in the sound test is just the starting music, then I can be delusional and hope for Unfinished Battle and Zanza again.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That would be nice, but I'm not betting on it. It honestly depends on how dedicated Nintendo is on creating Amiibo.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Speaking of amiibo, is there still no Snake one?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I doubt they'd do it but a Smash Series 2 Amiibo set with the new poses would be awesome.. expensive though. Actually scratch that put it off til i got the first series done.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Why? Is DKC3 still forgotten around these parts? I mean, it's Dixie's game as a lead character, and there's still potential for a Tropical Freeze stage with her arrival. So why the doomy gloomy stuff?
Speculation in general is really depressing right now. Most people's hopes for their most wanted characters getting in have been crushed.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I always thought we'd eventually get Alph or the Koopalings since we got P2 of the DLC characters... So i doubt it.. We didnt even get gender swaps.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Also, side not, if they're not saving it for DLC (PLEASE DADDY SAKURAI) then Xenoblade X music better be unlockable at least. Sawano's music is kickass and hearing it in Smash would be great
I think that no X music does more for Elma's chances than a Spirit. They never stated DLC would affect Spirits in any way, but DLC does bring new music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom