• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Smash 6, better have ****ing Dark Samus de-echoed, or I swear they better not even bother bringing her back.
Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to get a ticket and wait in line; Ganondorf's been waiting for the de-clone-ification train for 3 games now.

Honestly, I'm starting to think Luigi will be the only character to ever escape clonehood.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to get a ticket and wait in line; Ganondorf's been waiting for the de-clone-ification train for 3 games now.

Honestly, I'm starting to think Luigi will be the only character to ever escape clonehood.
When a character stops being a clone?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We can have eight Kirbys in one stage, plus Samus and Mario are two characters. I feel like development team stopped caring.
It's not that they don't care, it's that it's a video game and it really isn't as serious as others are taking it. Chances are there's two Chrom's because he was added in later in development.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's not that they don't care, it's that it's a video game and it really isn't as serious as others are taking it. Chances are there's two Chrom's because he was added in later in development.
I didn't said it in a negative way. As you said, it's a game and it breaks the logic in a lot of ways, I doubt they considered Chrom having two roles as a big problem.

Though I still don't see AT "promotions" plausible

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Sad part is he isn't even being based upon his canon self just by having a sword. That's a non-canon version from the Space Tech Demo. He only has a sword canonically in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If they actually wanted to de-clone him, they'd give him his OOT spells or reuse his TP design and focus on his actual sword attacks from there. Though to be fair, Warlock Thrust is actually a proper attack from the game. He does not use that sword often an focuses more on being badass through his own great strength and influence. He has a cool sword fight at the end, but his immense magic is what matters in the story. Physically too as shown with Beast Ganon(despite the mistranslation, it fits the idea, being a Boar, which is pretty different from his more humanoid beast form that Ganon normally has, which is referred to Pig Ganon instead by many).

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
When a character stops being a clone?
When they reach the point of uniqueness where a term like "semi-clone" fails to be a proper categorical definition. For instance, I'd still label Doc a semi-clone, but would refer to Luigi as a unique fighter with fitting and justifiable similarities to another character.

Sad part is he isn't even being based upon his canon self just by having a sword. That's a non-canon version from the Space Tech Demo. He only has a sword canonically in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If they actually wanted to de-clone him, they'd give him his OOT spells or reuse his TP design and focus on his actual sword attacks from there. Though to be fair, Warlock Thrust is actually a proper attack from the game. He does not use that sword often an focuses more on being badass through his own great strength and influence. He has a cool sword fight at the end, but his immense magic is what matters in the story. Physically too as shown with Beast Ganon(despite the mistranslation, it fits the idea, being a Boar, which is pretty different from his more humanoid beast form that Ganon normally has, which is referred to Pig Ganon instead by many).
Have you been to the Ganondorf discussion thread? We've gone over many things like that. From deduction alone of the Zelda lore, we can easily infer that OoT Ganondorf could definitely use a sword (Pig Canon from OoT proves it) and if he had to use a sword in OoT, the Zelda team came up with the Spaceworld design. It's been pretty much accepted as his OoT sword by the Zelda fanbase for over 18 years now. It's not canon, no, but it's still seen as his sword due to both Spaceworld's demo and Melee.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I sort of agree with Idon Idon . Dark Samus should be given new moves in a later title. Though I don't think the character should be deleted if it doesn't happen either.

The differences between Ganon and Falcon are pretty understated. As is Fox and Wolf. Which is funny since many people are quick to jump at the chance to talk about how different Marth and Roy are now.

Ganon has a different Jab, F-Air, F-Tilt, D-Tilt, U-Smash, D-Smash, F-Smash, and Side-B. I'm pretty sure Falcon and Ganon also have different Throws.
Not to mention Speed and Jump Height, and Ganon's lack of wall Jumps.

Not to say Ganon can't get even more unique moves down the line but you get what I mean.

I'd like to think Dark Samus will get a few new moves in later entries, much like Luigi and Ganon. That's what happened in previous games. And D.Samus has potential moves to take from, Rapid Fire, Boost Ball, and a Dive Bomb to name a few. Would be cool if she could make a clone or use those Phazon Vines from her AT.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I sort of agree with Idon Idon . Dark Samus should be given new moves in a later title. Though I don't think the character should be deleted if it doesn't happen either.

The differences between Ganon and Falcon are pretty understated. As is Fox and Wolf. Which is funny since many people are quick to jump at the chance to talk about how different Marth and Roy are now.

Ganon has a different Jab, F-Air, F-Tilt, D-Tilt, U-Smash, D-Smash, F-Smash, and Side-B. I'm pretty sure Falcon and Ganon also have different Throws.
Not to mention Speed and Jump Height, and Ganon's lack of wall Jumps.

Not to say Ganon can't get even more unique moves down the line but you get what I mean.

I'd like to think Dark Samus will get a few new moves in later entries, much like Luigi and Ganon. That's what happened in previous games. And D.Samus has potential moves to take from, Rapid Fire, Boost Ball, and a Dive Bomb to name a few. Would be cool if she could make a clone or use those Phazon Vines from her AT.
Dark Samus would be extremely lucky to return as an echo, to be perfectly honest.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Have you been to the Ganondorf discussion thread? We've gone over many things like that. From deduction alone of the Zelda lore, we can easily infer that OoT Ganondorf could definitely use a sword (Pig Canon from OoT proves it) and if he had to use a sword in OoT, the Zelda team came up with the Spaceworld design. It's been pretty much accepted as his OoT sword by the Zelda fanbase for over 18 years now. It's not canon, no, but it's still seen as his sword due to both Spaceworld's demo and Melee.
From deduction alone of the Zelda lore, we can easily infer that OoT Ganondorf could punch people really, really hard.

It's not about what he can do, it's about what he does do.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dark Samus would be extremely lucky to return as an echo, to be perfectly honest.
Unfortunately that might be the case. But she's the coolest one damn it. I have hope she'll be back.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It doesn't prove anything. It just proves that Pig Ganon can use two swords. The only reason we should believe Ganondorf can use a sword in OOT is because he was taught how to fight by the Gerudos, who use swords. Not the fact that his demonic form uses a weapon. Again.

Melee nor the Spaceword Tech Demo are frankly canon so they don't matter here. Let's stop pretending this made him any more canon than in Melee. It only did less. It's a fanservice move, not an attempt at canon. You know what is a canon ability from OOT? Him turning into Pig Ganon and attacking(though not that particular attack, as he never rushes forward like that). Or an actual one he doesn't use, Dead Man's Volley.

The sword is meaningless. And as a Ganondorf main since the start? I just facepalmed at how the sword did nothing to make him look more canon in the first place. But I also stopped caring about something as silly as that and realized he was already more than canon enough by being a physical powerhouse, an extremely accurate interpretation of his character. And we do see him punching in the official OOT artwork. That's way more canon than a tech demo to begin with. It's official art. Honestly, the thing I loved about his TP update is that not only was his few sword uses accurate(a thrust and taunt, which show off who he is), his entire battle style encompasses his murderous personality. Besides that, it doesn't really change the fact that in TP, he's actually highly physical as a character. Likewise, he punches out Link in WW too. The idea of him punching has been canon for a long time now, same with him physically assaulting enemies. He's hardly just a magical projectile guy or just a sword user. Physical blows have been who he is for a while now.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
What Ganondorf needs from a gameplay perspective is a reflector. Giving him his own projectile, while canon, wouldn't gel well with his playstyle, imo. But he should totally be able to shrug off and bounce back stuff hurled at him. This would also improve his ability to approach and keep him from getting walled out, and really give him that Darth Vader/Jason Voorhees/Terminator slow walk of unstoppable doom.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I couldn't give two ****s and a gravy about how canon the Sword is. It was a tease to see it in his victory pose and considering the sword looks as bad ass and intimidating as it is I'm willing to say **** canon if I get to keep the sword.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What Ganondorf needs from a gameplay perspective is a reflector. Giving him his own projectile, while canon, wouldn't gel well with his playstyle, imo. But he should totally be able to shrug off and bounce back stuff hurled at him. This would also improve his ability to approach and keep him from getting walled out, and really give him that Darth Vader/Jason Voorhees/Terminator slow walk of unstoppable doom.
This is part of why I liked his TP style. Despite it clearly making him less viable for competitive play, it fully made him feel way more badass too. Just walking through all those attacks and kicking the opponent out while barely flinching was really fun. It also meshed well with his personality, as he shrugged off stuff that wasn't holy attacks in some cases, or just really strong spells/weapons. Though TP kind of went against that, as he was fairly easy to beat with a regular sword. In OOT and WW you needed extra holy power to remotely break through his magical armor just so you can remotely deal real damage to him.

I loved it. And I can't wait to try him out in Ultimate. I hope he feels as great as the previous games.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd watch this series. :joyful:
I did make a 100k fanfic all about smash brothers brawl and survivor, it's online lol. Was going to make a sequel with Ultimate, but no one was too interested in reading it so...

Either way, Diddy Kong, game and watch, and Zelda sniffed out masterminds/traitors Mewtwo and Robin, sending Robin home in a massively unanimous vote! Mewtwo site, shaken as a trace of Grima flashes in Robin's eye.

"I'll take all of you guys out, you'll pay!"

The eyes of the security guards watch the bitter tactician as he begrudgingly heads out door...

D

Deleted member

I did make a 100k fanfic all about smash brothers brawl and survivor, it's online lol. Was going to make a sequel with Ultimate, but no one was too interested in reading it so...

Either way, Diddy Kong, game and watch, and Zelda sniffed out masterminds/traitors Mewtwo and Robin, sending Robin home in a massively unanimous vote! Mewtwo site, shaken as a trace of Grima flashes in Robin's eye.

"I'll take all of you guys out, you'll pay!"

The eyes of the security guards watch the bitter tactician as he begrudgingly heads out door...
I swear, you better keep doing this with every character blog update until the end. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Smash 6, better have ****ing Dark Samus Ganondorf de-echoed, or I swear they better not even bother bringing her him back.
Said everyone since Melee.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Dorf's sword may be cool, but it's too bad we had to lose his legendary Up Smash for it.

I'll miss that thing. Can-Canning people to death was always so enjoyable.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can accept OoT Ganondorf using fisticuffs (maybe not Captain Falcon's fisticuffs, but I digress).
I just wish that if they were going to go that route of changing him back to his OoT version, they'd actually give him some things he, y'know, actually did.

His moveset in OoT is pretty damn limited so it wouldn't exactly be a whole lot to put in.
  • Floating
  • Ground Pound
  • Dead Man's Volley
  • Big Dead Man's Volley (Don't know what it's called, the one where he uses two hands and fires off like 5 balls)
  • Cape flick
Spaceworld sword's neat, but... honestly for OoT GDorf, I would've preferred the elbows and kicks, especially now that C. Falcon lost his own elbow.

Last edited:

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Smash 6, better have ****ing Dark Samus de-echoed, or I swear they better not even bother bringing her back.
I really don't get why Dark Samus is an echo in the first place. Pretty much every one of her animations is different from Samus', which means making her a clone didn't save much in terms of resources, and she has plenty of moveset potential, so why not just make her her own fighter, or at least a semi-clone with different specials?

That said, I also love Dark Samus' animations. They remind me of Artorias.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Him having the cape would fit more than Dr. Mario I guess.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I really don't get why Dark Samus is an echo in the first place. Pretty much every one of her animations is different from Samus', which means making her a clone didn't save much in terms of resources, and she has plenty of moveset potential, so why not just make her her own fighter, or at least a semi-clone with different specials?

That said, I also love Dark Samus' animations. They remind me of Artorias.
I mean, with different attacks come different hitboxes.

Just because her animations are different doesn't mean the hitboxes are.

As cool as giving Ganondorf his own moveset would be, the problem is that we would have to lose the Ganondorf we have now.
And that'd really suck, since Smash Ganon is an incredibly enjoyable character to play.
It's not like we can just play Falcon either, they don't play the same.

I know some people don't really care about it, but each character really does create their own identity when they're put into Smash. That's just how things are.

And it'd suck to lose Ganondorf, even if we get Ganondorf in return.
Dr. Mario's has always been the "Super Sheet" though. It makes sense. He's a doctor.

Plus, he apparently actually lifts it like a sheet now, which is cool.

EDIT: Oops, double post. Been a while since that happened. Sorry.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, you could always make the "cape flick" more its own attack than replacing a special. I suggest jab or ftilt, since it is essentially a physical backhanded swing, just with a cape. Not a huge difference from a palm strike or front kick.

Then, a secondary effect of the cape flick is that it could reflect projectiles if timed very carefully, similar to how Sichter can delete projectiles with their whip swings.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
It doesn't prove anything. It just proves that Pig Ganon can use two swords. The only reason we should believe Ganondorf can use a sword in OOT is because he was taught how to fight by the Gerudos, who use swords. Not the fact that his demonic form uses a weapon. Again.
It was merely an example. I have a much longer post on the subject with far greater detail on the Ganondorf board.

Melee nor the Spaceword Tech Demo are frankly canon so they don't matter here. Let's stop pretending this made him any more canon than in Melee. It only did less. It's a fanservice move, not an attempt at canon. You know what is a canon ability from OOT? Him turning into Pig Ganon and attacking(though not that particular attack, as he never rushes forward like that). Or an actual one he doesn't use, Dead Man's Volley.
I never said it made him canon. I specifically said it wasn't.

The sword is meaningless. And as a Ganondorf main since the start? I just facepalmed at how the sword did nothing to make him look more canon in the first place. But I also stopped caring about something as silly as that and realized he was already more than canon enough by being a physical powerhouse, an extremely accurate interpretation of his character. And we do see him punching in the official OOT artwork. That's way more canon than a tech demo to begin with. It's official art. Honestly, the thing I loved about his TP update is that not only was his few sword uses accurate(a thrust and taunt, which show off who he is), his entire battle style encompasses his murderous personality. Besides that, it doesn't really change the fact that in TP, he's actually highly physical as a character. Likewise, he punches out Link in WW too. The idea of him punching has been canon for a long time now, same with him physically assaulting enemies. He's hardly just a magical projectile guy or just a sword user. Physical blows have been who he is for a while now.
Punching one time in a cutscene or two does not a fighting style determine. He gets physical yes, but not with his fists all that much. In fact, in Wind Waker whenever he punched Link it was meant to NOT kill him. Which would infer that he only punched because it was a non-lethal method of dispatching his foe. whenever he got serious, he drew the sword.

The only time he punched in any of his boss fights was when when he punched the floor in OoT. Also, official art is not always canon. The OoT art also depicts an entire battle scenario with Link & Sheik fighting off an army of Stalfos, Lizalfos, and Moblins but that never happens in the game. The art doesn't magically make it canon.

Also, what does his personality have to do with anything? His personality doesn't change, sword or not. His method of extermination is the only thing that changes.

Here's the other thing though, if Ganondorf were such a physical powerhouse as we believe him to be, how does this happen?

Link overpowers Ganondorf in a physical struggle? If he's really supposed to be so physically strong, how does this happen? It doesn't happen, unless our fundamental understanding of Ganondorf's "power" is misguided, as his displays of martial prowess are rather unimpressive.

The whole concept of "physically strong" Ganondorf was created in Melee. Simply put, Smash Ganondorf essentially isn't LoZ Ganondorf.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, you could always make the "cape flick" more its own attack than replacing a special. I suggest jab or ftilt, since it is essentially a physical backhanded swing, just with a cape. Not a huge difference from a palm strike or front kick.

Then, a secondary effect of the cape flick is that it could reflect projectiles if timed very carefully, similar to how Sichter can delete projectiles with their whip swings.
Then it should be over Jab then, F-Tilt's already an original move that's useful for pokes and all.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At the very least, I think we can all agree that the "Falcondorf" moveset...
did not at all match TP Ganondorf's body type. It was kinda stupid looking all-around.

He stood and walked in this really uncomfortable half-squat which was more funny than it was intimidating.
At least with OoT Ganondorf, the man can actually stand up straight.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
did not at all match TP Ganondorf's body type. It was kinda stupid looking all-around.

He stood and walked in this really uncomfortable half-squat which was more funny than it was intimidating.
Honestly no.

TP Dorf was better for the Brawl-Smash 4 moveset.

TP Dorf IMO matched the feel of the moveset. His body felt more attuned to it, it just flowed better. IMO OoT Dorf looks more natural with the Melee moveset, not the Brawl-Smash 4 one. Though he still looks alright in Ultimate. They made him look pretty good all things considered.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly no.

TP Dorf was better for the Brawl-Smash 4 moveset.

TP Dorf IMO matched the feel of the moveset. His body felt more attuned to it, it just flowed better. IMO OoT Dorf looks more natural with the Melee moveset, not the Brawl-Smash 4 one. Though he still looks alright in Ultimate. They made him look pretty good all things considered.
Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. Isn't the Brawl moveset just the Melee moveset but slowed down?
Or are you more referring to Melee's game-speed?

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It was merely an example. I have a much longer post on the subject with far greater detail on the Ganondorf board.

I never said it made him canon. I specifically said it wasn't.

Punching one time in a cutscene or two does not a fighting style determine. He gets physical yes, but not with his fists all that much. In fact, in Wind Waker whenever he punched Link it was meant to NOT kill him. Which would infer that he only punched because it was a non-lethal method of dispatching his foe. whenever he got serious, he drew the sword.

The only time he punched in any of his boss fights was when when he punched the floor in OoT. Also, official art is not always canon. The OoT art also depicts an entire battle scenario with Link & Sheik fighting off an army of Stalfos, Lizalfos, and Moblins but that never happens in the game. The art doesn't magically make it canon.

Also, what does his personality have to do with anything? His personality doesn't change, sword or not. His method of extermination is the only thing that changes.

Here's the other thing though, if Ganondorf were such a physical powerhouse as we believe him to be, how does this happen?

Link overpowers Ganondorf in a physical struggle? If he's really supposed to be so physically strong, how does this happen? It doesn't happen, unless our fundamental understanding of Ganondorf's "power" is misguided, as his displays of martial prowess are rather unimpressive.

The whole concept of "physically strong" Ganondorf was created in Melee. Simply put, Smash Ganondorf essentially isn't LoZ Ganondorf.
Link has to use a magically created sword enchanted to kill evil to repeatedly smack Ganondorf in the massive glowing magical wound in his chest left over from the time he survived being stabbed by another magically created sword enchanted to kill evil just to knock him off his feet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

TP Ganon was shrunk down for Smash wasn't he? Cause he's pretty much twice Link's size back in TP.

Link has to use a magically created sword enchanted to kill evil to repeatedly smack Ganondorf in the massive glowing magical wound in his chest left over from the time he survived being stabbed by another magically created sword enchanted to kill evil just to knock him off his feet.
The ***** died STANDING ON HIS FEET! How is that NOT strong?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. Isn't the Brawl moveset just the Melee moveset but slowed down?
That first part is partially correct. The fact that the moveset was slowed down fits TP Dorf much better than OoT Dorf.

That said, the Brawl-Smash 4 moveset has 4 move differences from Melee.
Those being F-Tilt, D-Tilt, Up-Smash, and Side B.

I believe these 4 moves mesh better with TP Dorf's body that with OoT Dorf's body.

Though I also should include that the revised animation for Warlock Punch feels more impactful with TP Dorf, IMO.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Scrawny elf boi shoves off full gown man twice his height despite possessing ancient god relic that grants him immortality and immense power.

The trick to being powerful? Chuck GOATS.

So, can we be honest here? The only reason we like TP Ganondorf is because of the BEARD. So I figured, if Ganondorf looked better with a beard, then I can use 5 minutes of PhotoShop magic and...

...I regret nothing.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
TP Ganon was shrunk down for Smash wasn't he? Cause he's pretty much twice Link's size back in TP.
The dude was one monolith build mother-******.

He has to crouch down to sword clash with Link while Link has to lean upwards and he is still, by a large margin, taller.

It's why I would vastly prefer if TP Ganondorf was his own thing, standing tall and regal, sword of the six sages in hand, and all that.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This is an old debate, but worth pointing out to people who aren't aware, because honestly, Sakurai gets a bad rap for Ganondorf even though he's actually really accurate now. Yes, the Falcon kick has no basis in canon. Yes, Ganondorf is missing some key moves. But a lot of characters both have made up moves and are lacking iconic ones. Piranha Plant can't even spit fireballs.

Brawl and Smash 4 went to great effort to make Ganondorf more faithful to his canon portrayal. People just don't care, because all that matters is that he has a sword.

It's not exactly a Warlock Punch, but his punch has been changed to be more of a backhanded slap, like this one.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Ganondorf is stupidly physically strong and also very, very durable to the point that several weapons designed to kill him barely did him in after quite a lot of abuse. But even he will eventually tire out given enough damage and falter a bit.
Though I think him being physically strong translating to giving him a moveset centered around punching really hard is still a bit too vague of a connection for how they are represented. Oddly enough they gave him a sword in the iteration where they changed his design back to the only one of his three canon appearances that didn't use one.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Honestly I just think Flame Choke is one of the best Smash moves ever invented.

Such a satisfying move to land.

And Ganoncides?

Ganoncides are pure ecstasy.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If Ganondorf was completely unique and Black Shadow absorbed old Dorf's move set as a CF echo I would've been a very happy camper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom