• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

An ongoing theme of CV is that the curse of Dracula is never really put to rest and the Belmont family is forced to pass on the fight from generation to generation. I know for a fact they reached victorian era and I could be wrong but I thought there was a modern era CV at one point. Either way, taking CV into the modern era is not impossible, and could actually be pretty interesting. I certainly would be up for seeing a 90s 80s Belmont.

Though I'm not sure I follow you on the crossover thing. Do you mean to say you're averse to crossovers in general, or just this specific kind of crossover (and if that's the case, what kind of crossover is this exactly?)
What I mean is a crossover that like, meaningfully affects the story if you get me. I don’t like it when two series that have never interacted before have a crossover that actually affects things within the story. Even when it doesn’t, when it’s like you find Majora’s mask in Botw, it bugs me a bit that it’s there. Smash is fine for me because it’s kind of separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Uh, I’m pretty confident it was for Smash 4 DLC.

And could you really blame them? There was no guarantee that an AT/Stage Hazard/whatever would be promoted.

I meant limitations as in the characters who weren’t deconfirmed at the time as being the remaining choices, why on earth would I encourage people to vote for literally any character when I was referring to video game characters?

Of course this is the internet, there’s always gonna idiots wasting their votes on Spongebob, Homer, Naruto or whoever but it’s clear that those aren’t counted whatsoever.

If Sakurai/Nintendo actually told people they could vote for any Nintendo/3rd Party character regardless of game role back then, there wouldn’t be a need for another Ballot.
The ballot never mentioned any sort of limitations, everything was fair game. People believing NPCs from Smash 4 didn't have a chance was the biggest example of a fan created rule

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The ballot never mentioned any sort of limitations, everything was fair game. People believing NPCs from Smash 4 didn't have a chance was the biggest example of a fan created rule
.....tfw i couldve voted waluigi when i had the chance

Not that I don’t agree with what you’re saying but wouldn’t they have expected people to vote for candidates who aren’t NPC regardless of rules?

D

Deleted member

.....tfw i couldve voted waluigi when i had the chance

Not that I don’t agree with what you’re saying but wouldn’t they have expected people to vote for candidates who aren’t NPC regardless of rules?
They expected people to vote for the characters they wanted and nothing more.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What I mean is a crossover that like, meaningfully affects the story if you get me. I don’t like it when two series that have never interacted before have a crossover that actually affects things within the story. Even when it doesn’t, when it’s like you find Majora’s mask in Botw, it bugs me a bit that it’s there. Smash is fine for me because it’s kind of separate.
GEEZ if even a crossover within it's own franchise bother you with the whole Majora's Mask thing, I can't imagine you enjoy very many crossovers in the first place.

I mean TBF in situations such as this one the actual effects the crossover will have is negligent to either's respective series. Running into Dracula and a vampire hunter of a legendary bloodline is just a Tuesday for Dante and there are already a bunch of individual Belmonts so it's no sweat off of anybody's back if another one is thrown into the mix in an often unused timeline. Even if they did seriously effect each other, I've never had much trouble considering crossovers as their own separate timelines or non-canon events. Then again even if crossovers were cannon I rarely have a problem with cool or interesting ones such as this one. (also ones that make some amount of sense, like mixing two franchises of demon hunters)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don’t recall so at all, I figured it was Smash 4 only which was why I voted unlikely characters at the time like Cranky or Tails.

Sakurai chose :ultkrool:because he was popular from the Ballot, not that he would choose someone from it.

If I knew it had affect for Ultimate’s roster, I could’ve submitted Waluigi/Bandana Dee/Krystal etc in a heartbeat.
Then that's on you pal

D

Deleted member

GEEZ if even a crossover within it's own franchise bother you with the whole Majora's Mask thing, I can't imagine you enjoy very many crossovers in the first place.

I mean TBF in situations such as this one the actual effects the crossover will have is negligent to either's respective series. Running into Dracula and a vampire hunter of a legendary bloodline is just a Tuesday for Dante and there are already a bunch of individual Belmonts so it's no sweat off of anybody's back if another one is thrown into the mix in an often unused timeline. Even if they did seriously effect each other, I've never had much trouble considering crossovers as their own separate timelines or non-canon events. Then again even if crossovers were cannon I rarely have a problem with cool or interesting ones such as this one. (also ones that make some amount of sense, like mixing two franchises of demon hunters)
That’s where we’ll have to agree to disagree. I guess for me, it just takes me out of the experience. It’s like I go “wait that’s the thing from the other thing, that shouldn’t be there why is it there”

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That’s where we’ll have to agree to disagree. I guess for me, it just takes me out of the experience. It’s like I go “wait that’s the thing from the other thing, that shouldn’t be there why is it there”
I won't deny that you have to turn off your brain to the logistics of the story for most crossovers to work, but I appreciate crossovers for what they are. An interesting opportunity for the writers/creators to have these characters or locations meet, and play around with what that might be like.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I know for a fact they reached victorian era and I could be wrong but I thought there was a modern era CV at one point.
Julius Belmont put Dracula down canonically in 1999, and the Sorrow games take place in the 2030s. That era is definitely available.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1999 still isn't a real castlevania game and that makes me depressed because holy **** that's some hardcore lore right there

i encourage you to go deep into that, pre-amnesia julius don't play no games

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, yes, you'd better get used to attractive cartoon characters if you’re a Sonic fan. Amy and Rouge from the games are noteworthy enough, but the comics have characters like Sally, Mina, and Fiona, and if you dare visit them, there are loads of OCs at DeviantART and Fur Affinity.
Honestly, I believe the fandom and their OCs became the reason Forces had an Avatar character

I don't remember seeing this victory animation for :ultpeach: in previous footage, so...
Peach prepping to take back her crown as Best Mario Woman
Anything looks dumb twerking, lets be real here.
2C97B531-21E0-40AB-8E0E-F441FC949FE3.gif
1533433A-01F3-4E53-8905-1019D4399A9D.gif

beans

Smash Lord
You know, there are some deals companies make when they get a character in smash that are just dumb.
Pac-Man having to be yellow; Sonic having to be any shade of blue most of the time; and I'm pretty sure we dont get any weird color for Pikachu its because of Gamefreak wanting to keep him "recognizable". Its hecking Pikachu, if he was recognizable in sepia colors, he is recognizable in any color.
anyway, when we getting Sonic a Coldsteel pallete?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Coldsteel_the_hedgeheg_reupload_by_mk_sonic-dbg09y6.png
Seriously speaking, I feel this might be a reality sooner than you think...Super Mario Party had just gotten released and people already made a Sonic Donkey Kong skin. And on top of that, already extracted the models. xD It's honestly scary how modding happens so quickly these days.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
You know, there are some deals companies make when they get a character in smash that are just dumb.
Pac-Man having to be yellow; Sonic having to be any shade of blue most of the time; and I'm pretty sure we dont get any weird color for Pikachu its because of Gamefreak wanting to keep him "recognizable". Its hecking Pikachu, if he was recognizable in sepia colors, he is recognizable in any color.
View attachment 178236Seriously speaking, I feel this might be a reality sooner than you think...Super Mario Party had just gotten released and people already made a Sonic Donkey Kong skin. And on top of that, already extracted the models. xD It's honestly scary how modding happens so quickly these days.
This is the largest gap in time between posts, that I've ever seen in this thread lol

Last edited:

AndreaAC

This is the largest gap in time between posts, that I've ever seen in this thread lol
xD Really? Maybe I didn't noticed, I just mostly skip most of the pages because the speed this thread moves is rather overwhelming for me.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
xD Really? Maybe I didn't noticed, I just mostly skip most of the pages because the speed this thread moves is rather overwhelming for me.
This thread is slow as hell now.

If this is overwhelming for you, just wait until speculation ramps up again lol.

AndreaAC

This thread is slow as hell now.

If this is overwhelming for you, just wait until speculation ramps up again lol.
I don't want to even imagine how many pages a day it is gonna go then, or not even work anymore.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't want to even imagine how many pages a day it is gonna go then, or not even work anymore.
15 pages every 20 minutes, and crashing for about 50% of the time spent on the thread. Nightmare.

Just for those who want to quote, don't take this seriously.

They call it Crashboards for a reason.
I will never understand how I had the worst lag when Isabelle got revealed, yet I've seen the thread move even faster than that. It bugged me for a good while.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Did the universe get snapped and it just so happened that posters on this thread just happened to make up the 50% of the universe that got snapped?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
So what "interesting" conversations happened while I was asleep? :yoshi:
You have been given the call to action, Your time to become a Graizen Graizen is upon you. Your mission: Go ask Vergeben if Boshi is the Square DLC. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

BOOM!!!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So what "interesting" conversations happened while I was asleep? :yoshi:
Crossdressing, clothes, FE shaming, DLC talk, people mentioning you while you were gone, and twer...not even gonna finish that one.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I was just forgetting about that being a thing. >_>
Considering how the same guy that made the renowned Final Boss Bowsette mod also made a Booette house mod, both for NSMBW. Best to brace yourself, friend.

She's not as talked about, but she's not going away anytime soon.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Considering how the same guy that made the renowned Final Boss Bowsette mod also made a Booette house mod, both for NSMBW. Best to brace yourself, friend.

She's not as talked about, but she's not going away anytime soon.
As long as I don't come across it as often as it did when it first became a trend, I am fine, and also not seeing more of the other takes on the Super Crown meme.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You missed a chance to post a Yoshi twerking gif while it was "on topic." =(
I don't even think that would look good...

Robin got vored
So video of Yoshi vs. Robin in the demo got uploaded? Damn, I miss everything!!!

You have been given the call to action, Your time to become a Graizen Graizen is upon you. Your mission: Go ask Vergeben if Boshi is the Square DLC. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

BOOM!!!
If I cared about leaks I'd do it...

Crossdressing, clothes, FE shaming, DLC talk, people mentioning you while you were gone, and twer...not gonna finish that one.
So nothing untoward then :yoshi:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo and Squenix already have a flourishing relationship, is my issue with this. Sora won't do anything, say, the FF ports, already haven't, from what I get.

I apologize for bringing this point up so much, but KH3's existence is a very big looming threat to Sora in Smash due to it being on the consoles of Nintendo's competitors.

Thanks for supporting my boy. And TPC/Nekoo's boy.
Just because Nintendo have a flourishing relationship with Square now doesn't mean it can't be made stronger or that it shouldn't be made stronger, because "reasons". You're talking about company relations here with the mentality of the here and now without really thinking about what big companies actually give a **** about when talking about relations with other companies. Which is the future between said companies later down the line when concerning future business. Making better relations at any chance they can get doesn't hurt, after all it's what warrants future business between the companies in question to begin with it's quite literally the whole ****ing point of these relationships to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom