• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
> Roy being top tier.
After having 2 Smash games where he sank at the bottom, it's high time. :ultroy:

I just hope this isn't a repeat of Smash 4 where everyone thought he was top tier only for him to consistently drop down. And please Samurai no nerfs for our boy.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I’m refusing to buy Ultimate because Nintendo is changing the feather on Game and Watch. Ridiculous babies crying over a ****ing feather.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
*puts on Grammar Nazi costume* You mean "implied", "inferring" is something you do in response to implication. *takes off Grammar Nazi costume*

Salazzle and Tsareena are... interesting choices in design. :laugh: Certainly more on the nose than Gardevoir was.

The best timeline.
Tsareena's weird, but I love it. I used one in my first playthrough and it kicked butt, it's earned a special place in my heart ever since.
Kinda inevitable when your design inspiration is Majo from Time Bokan, really.

D

Deleted member

The real best timeline is :ultgnw: winning an EVO GF while taking every single stock with a 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Give a Fire Emblem character a Down B that is not a counter, and also represents the character's moves or the mechanics in Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
Oh boy. Marth, Sheik, and Diddy are going to be at the top of the meta. Again.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm probably using the Meta Ridley alt whenever I'm using him. That was my favorite design until the Samus Returns version managed to make an even better Meta-Ridley.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
*puts on Grammar Nazi costume* You mean "implied", "inferring" is something you do in response to implication. *takes off Grammar Nazi costume*

Salazzle and Tsareena are... interesting choices in design. :laugh: Certainly more on the nose than Gardevoir was.

The best timeline.
Potato, tomato :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Tsareena's weird, but I love it. I used one in my first playthrough and it kicked butt, it's earned a special place in my heart ever since.
I've used a Tsareena as well. Tsareena is cool.

As for the brief topic of furries, I think I've firmly established myself as not-a-furry.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm just glad that K Rool isn't bottom tier. Was really worried he would be

Also, Olimar makes like the biggest comeback ever. Which makes me happy

My boy Chrom tho :(

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I’m refusing to buy Ultimate because Nintendo is changing the feather on Game and Watch. Ridiculous babies crying over a ****ing feather.
While I agree that the situation is overblown, conversely feeling strongly about them changing it is also giving the detail more attention than it warrants.

Game and Watch still looks far more interesting this game than he has ever been in my eyes and that alteration doesn't have much of an impact.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Super Castlevania IV
Order of Eccesia
Castlevania Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Portrait of Ruin

Top 5 Castlevanias for me.
For me it's:
Rondo of Blood
Symphony of the Night/Order of Ecclesia (tied)
Aria of Sorrow
Super Castlevania IV

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm telling you right now. All of these people? Garbage.
All of these tier lists? Absolute trash.

There's only one valid tier list.
And it's this one.
Yo Nines,
Do you have any Moveset ideas for Agumon?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I've never been a Luigi main or anything, but having the poltergeist more involved in his move set has really made me want to play as him more

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You act like the people are salty over two frames of animation, but it is is you who was the true salt God all along.

also can i have your 60 bucks please

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Give a Fire Emblem character a Down B that is not a counter, and also represents the character's moves or the mechanics in Fire Emblem.
I'll give you a hint about one character that does do this.

But I do agree with you, This game has too many counters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
:ultrobin: exists. We don't need any more FE.
I'm not a Fire Emblem fan, but I'd be fine if half of the DLC Newcomers are Fire Emblem characters.
To me, it doesn't matter what series a character is from, just what uniqueness they can bring to the table

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe, but we need more weapon variety.
Maybe if IS weren't so fond of giving swords to the Lords every time...

While I agree that the situation is overblown, conversely feeling strongly about them changing it is also giving the detail more attention than it warrants.

Game and Watch still looks far more interesting this game than he has ever been in my eyes and that alteration doesn't have much of an impact.
Yeah, the Devil is back as an AT, no one blinks an eye, G&W goes Apache, and everyone loses their minds.

everyone-loses-their-5a9958.jpg

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

ROB MAINS RISE UP IT'S FINALLY OUR TIME

Richter and K. Rool looking good too! This has me even more excited! Plus Snake and Game & Watch at Average works for me!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It's crazy the a lot of my friends main Samus casually because 'her charge shot is so strong'.

They don't believe me when I tell them how poorly she play competitively.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll give you a hint about one character that does do this.

But I do agree with you, This game has too many counters.
SHOULDA GIVEN IKE SOME BLADE BEAMS INSTEAD.
SMH SAKURAI.
CLOUD GOT ONE. WHY NOT ME?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why complain about FE counter and how it's not really an FE mechanic when countering is literally there since the beginning of the series. How are you all FE fans? :073:

Maybe, but we need more weapon variety.
All you have is a long stabby stick and Villager's down special. Choose wisely.

Unless you're looking for Ballistician rep and in which case I'm all for Anna's boyfriend.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
But you're crying over them removing a feather...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom