• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If we're talking Namco characters, I'm definitely down for Nightmare.

Soul Calibur was unfortunately in a rut for a while, and SCVI actually brought the game back and seems to be going well. Plus, it'd be easy enough to do an Olimar with him and have 4 costumnes as Nightmare and 4 as Siegfried, and just toss their movesets together for the kit.

Unlikely since SC is on the brink of death unless SCVI does well. But if they went and announced a Switch port of SCVI with Link returning as a guest...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
TGA reveal is just so confusing to me.

It being Geno makes sense if Nintendo selected the characters because they love TGA now and would want to push a Smash character; if you're watching TGA you're likely a pretty hardcore gamer and if you like Nintendo, as Nintendo would care most about, you probably know Geno at this point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I had no choice, he called my two ballot picks before anyone else!

He wouldnt get past the ESRB censors with his potty mouth.
Not to mention that the game sequel never reached consoles (and he's technically a licensed character), so it's a moot point.

The best equivalent to him would be 9-Volt. Kid friendly, and also a game buff.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Soul Calibur was unfortunately in a rut for a while, and SCVI actually brought the game back and seems to be going well. Plus, it'd be easy enough to do an Olimar with him and have 4 costumnes as Nightmare and 4 as Siegfried, and just toss their movesets together for the kit.

Unlikely since SC is on the brink of death unless SCVI does well. But if they went and announced a Switch port of SCVI with Link returning as a guest...
Yeah dude! Let's get Nightmare in!
Nightmare_animatronic_(1).png

W-What? This isn't a Soul Calibur character?
my whole life has been a lie...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Dragon Quest/and/or KH III are present, we can get ready
Correction, you can get ready. Use your tinfoil for your hat, and I'll use mine to make the popcorn. You're the one risking disappointment here, buddy.

while KH III will be in Most Anticipated game of 2019 if everythings goes okay
inb4 Smash Ultimate swipes that one away easily

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
HOLD THE **** UP.

K ROOL HAS A DOWN-B COUNTER TOO?

Seriously, Sakurai!?!
You can break it tho.

Correction, you can get ready. Use your tinfoil for your hat, and I'll use mine to make the popcorn. You're the one risking disappointment here, buddy.

inb4 Smash Ultimate swipes that one away easily
Here, have this:

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

beans

Smash Lord
Hell, the only reason I even remember Beyblade is because it still has a strong following(Somehow), and.........****ing tops man. Who the **** could ever forget something like that.
Remenber when that dude from The Prince of Egypt used a beyblade to open the red sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY-dQHOYoaE
Man that is my favorite passage of the Bibble

That's not surprising Tales of Symphonia was probably one of the first games in the series to gain a lot of attention internationally. There were Tales games released prior but none of them really did well from what I recall in North America.

During the 8 bit and 16 bit era prior to the internet being a thing, international releases of games were very spotty to say the least. There were situations where some developers simply did not have the resources to publish titles in certain regions or didn't believe the game would succeed in that market. Because communication was so limited prior to the internet that these games could avoid releasing in regions and no one would be the wiser to it so fans were often times just completely oblivious to their existence.
And thats why Terranigma never came to the USA, and lost its place with the SNES classics like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.
Atleast it hurts less when it gets benched forever or gets a mobile-tier remake.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Remenber when that dude from The Prince of Egypt used a beyblade to open the red sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY-dQHOYoaE
Man that is my favorite passage of the Bibble

And thats why Terranigma never came to the USA, and lost its place with the SNES classics like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.
Atleast it hurts less when it gets benched forever or gets a mobile-tier remake.
I will be forever salty about Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) never being released in North America

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, K.Rool having a counter makes a lot of goddamn sense.

What happens if you try to roll into Krusha or Klump as Diddy?

You bounce off.

Why? Because they're swole/fat.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Talking about the VGA-

Nominee will be shown November 13.
If Dragon Quest/and/or KH III are present, we can get ready
(DQ will probably be in RPG selection, while KH III will be in Most Anticipated game of 2019 if everythings goes okay)
>Noon Eastern
Dammit, why do most of the big events have to happen while I'm at work?

Can someone explain how K. Rool's counter works? I've been hearing it functions differently than a normal counter.
Basically, you can put a dent in it when he uses one of his attacks that make use of his super armor (e.g. dash). Three hits, and it breaks. It takes about five seconds to heal, so watch out.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Honestly, K.Rool having a counter makes a lot of goddamn sense.

What happens if you try to roll into Krusha or Klump as Diddy?

You bounce off.

Why? Because they're T H I C C.
Fixed it for ya bud

I will be forever salty about Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) never being released in North America
They didnt even localize the recent Collection with all Mana games.
It wouldnt be that hard in this day and age.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fixed it for ya bud

They didnt even localize the recent Collection with all Mana games.
It wouldnt be that hard in this day and age.
You'd be surprised. There's a Kunio-kun collection out in December, and it currently isn't planned to be brought over because about only 1/3 of the games on it have been translated officially.

Cases like Sin & Punishment, Monster World IV and Romancing Saga 2 don't happen much.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You know, seeing how Sakurai was ok with Chrom being both a fighter and part of another fighter's final smash it's kind of a shame that Tom Nook didn't make it in as Villager's echo fighter.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman

I'd personally prefer Yoshimitsu. He's in Tekken as well which would help his case.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
#1- Shantae
#2- Geno
#3- Bandana Dee
#4- Bethesda rep
#5- Minecraft Steve
These are my predictions for DLC characters

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Yo if whining, "oppressed" Geno fans is the new trend this dlc speculation then color me uninterested. I literally only want Geno for his fans and if his fanbase gets entitled and pissed that their character is "more deserving" then screw that noise.

It's exactly why I don't care about Waluigi.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DX Direct's Cut Edition ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series, Sponsored by Disney! & Knuckles

Including all your favorite characters such as:

-Ridley!
-King K. Rool!
-Inkling!
-Incineroar!
-Geno!
-Sora!
-Slime!
-Steve!
-Banjo-Kazooie!
-Granblue Lady!
-Piranha Plant!
-Sans Undertale!
-Shrek!
-And more!

NEW FUNKY MODE!

& Knuckles

Yo if whining, "oppressed" Geno fans is the new trend this dlc speculation then color me uninterested. I literally only want Geno for his fans and if his fanbase gets entitled and pissed that their character is "more deserving" then screw that noise.

I think the OP of that thread was just a troll.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Well lucky for you that thread was a joke reference and this is EXACTLY what I feared would happen. NOBODY is seriously saying that

Iridium

Smash Hero
Having Akira Yuki attack :ultzss: in his AT mention makes so much sense when you look at how similar she appears to Sarah Bryant, Jacky Bryant's sister.

Quoting this from the social, because Sakurai has some really good attention to detail. The resemblance for the most part is uncanny.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Reminder that the bad part of Waluigi's fanbase is a minority and so is Geno's most likely.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Laugh at you, I'm not one to be disappointed easily when it comes to video games.. Ultimate is already fantastic, with, or without any announcement at the VGA, Sora or Geno or no one.
I'll just enjoy the ride, because after all the game is already fantastic, the rest is just a bonus and I don't mind any characters getting in. :4pacman:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Responding to all those - I figured it was a troll but I do expect to see entitled fans upset that the new Fire Emblem character, or other big 3rd party gets in over...well not just Geno but any big fan want.

Also when I was reffering to Waluigi it was to the fans that were/are upset about Daisy and Piranha Plant getting in. That was more than one.

Edit: Misread someone's post. Just because it's more than one doesn't mean it can't still just be a vocal minority so that's fair. But they should chill :p

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Woah, I'm sensing some hostility here, chill out yall, we still got 29 days to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom