• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ok so I just walked by a switch and saw that Minecraft is a playable title on the switch so that got me thinking about Steve in Smash and everything that is going on. Long story short, I now think Steve is a lock for the dlc.
I mean, Nintendo is choosing the DLC... And they like to market Minecraft a lot on their consoles

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Minecraft was on the Wii U, y'know. Not sure if this makes him a "lock" when the game's on literally every console.

or I'm just delusional because how much I'm against his inclusion
Yeah lock is probaly bad term to use. What I mean is that he is highly likely considering that Nintendo loves to promote/work with companies/games they have worked with in the past. But yeah, considering Sakuri said the dlc was picked by Nintendo, I could easily see them picking Steve now.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Maybe instead of arguing over and over about DLC and rumors, I suggest checking out the Create A Spirit thread. Every character, playable or not, is pretty much fair game, and it’s fun coming up with interesting battles for obtaining them.

Here’s some examples of my own:
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Espio the Chameleon

View attachment 176453
Class: :starman::starman: Advanced Support
Effect: Increases Run Speed by x1.5
Battle: Defeat a purple Greninja on Windy Hill Zone with Clear Shift (Opponent occasionally becomes clear)
Kirby series
Daroach
View attachment 176697
Class: :starman::starman: Advanced Primary Grab
Battle: Defeat a Giant red Pikachu always holding a Star Rod on Great Cave Offensive (Battlefield form)

Dark Daroach
View attachment 176700
Class: :starman::starman::starman: Ace Primary Grab
Unlock Criteria: Enhance Daroach Spirit

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Eh, if R.O.B. counts, I think Agumon counts.

Although as a Digimon fan I would find Agumon an immensely boring choice.
Only other one that'd fit the mascot mold though is Patamon
If Game & Watch can be considered a video game, then I'm pretty sure that the Digimon vitrual pets clearly count
It's a third party one though so its a bit of a stretch. I'd be glad if it did happen but wont hold my breath for it.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
okay i took like a half hour walk and wtf has happened here?? everyone just take a few deep breaths with me and focus on like your toes and junk

Maybe instead of arguing over and over about DLC and rumors, I suggest checking out the Create A Spirit thread. Every character, playable or not, is pretty much fair game, and it’s fun coming up with interesting battles for obtaining them.

Here’s some examples of my own:
this seems sick and i gotta check it out

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
We will get another Fighter pass with these characters:

1. Boshi
2. Agumon
3. Zoe Trent

StormC

Smash Hero
Only other one that'd fit the mascot mold though is Patamon
Omegamon is pretty highly promoted and visible in merchandise and whatnot, especially in Japan. Though I doubt outsiders know him that well.

not that it matters because lol digimon will never ever ever be in smash

Untouch

Smash Master
2b15961f-93ce-4e53-a870-8a9a40e4ae56_1.44ba6c877c80172736689175e450ccc0[1].jpeg

Well since popularity and being on a Nintendo system are the sole factors that are taken into account, meet your new cast of newcomers, folks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Minecraft was on the Wii U, y'know. Not sure if this makes him a "lock" when the game's on literally every console.

or I'm just delusional because how much I'm against his inclusion
Overwatch is popular, that must mean Tracer is in. :4pacman:

Yeah honestly we shouldn't really judge anyone's picks for smash cuz odds are we are ALL wrong... Cept Goku fans, judge them to hfil and back :p
Also, Shrek, don't forget.

Bubsy fans are okay, they're too pitiful to make fun of, the poor lads.

I never questioned Agumon, though it's also good to not cry wolf at any given opportunity either. That said, the only thing preventing Agumon is Bamco's modesty, they got Sakurai beat in that department. :ultpacman:

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Anyone know what Smite is? I sort of like the concept but i am not that into MOBA's enough to try it out.. But what if a character from that got into Smash. A character based on Real Life Mythology!

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 176701

Well since popularity and being on a Nintendo system are the sole factors that are taken into account, meet your new cast of newcomers, folks.
I am pretty sure angry birds Star Wars isn’t popular so your joke kinda is debunked. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Steve or a fighter representing fortnite as a dlc rep.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
That reminds me...

There’s Zinith Zinith who likes Yoshi...
Graizen Graizen who likes Agumon...
And more recently, @GothFluttershy who likes Zoe Trent.

Nothing wrong with that, though. I wonder who the inevitable fourth person will like and want in Smash?
I still need to shake off the Vlad the Impaler thing cuz nobody remembers that was me maybe i could be the fourth guy... But who would i shill for that wont ever get in?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am pretty sure angry birds Star Wars isn’t popular so your joke kinda is debunked. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Steve or a fighter representing fortnite as a dlc rep.
In the case of Fortnite, we all should do the Fortnite dance if a character from that game is DLC. Lol

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Everything is ok @GothFluttershy :)

Don't stress over people's opinions. They're not mad at you personally, they're just not interested in that subject.

I would say some people should try to be more sensitive though, this isn't the first time I've seen this kind of conversation with Goth. And I don't mean this in a bad way, but they're obviously sensitive towards it.

If you don't want to talk about Zoe, just try to steer the conversation away from it, I know Goth is willing to talk about other stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom