• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
When I see a troll posting nonsensical opinions, and then another one joins in

lowkey don't have the energy to argue with these people

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes it is lol. You know those campaigns are under 4 hours combined right for any decent player? And theres like no online gamemodes
First: Huh?

Second: The campaign isn't 4hrs. That's very much an exaggeration.

Third: There are plenty of online game modes?

I'm starting to think you haven't played the games. :lick:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Advance wars fighter rep please Nintendo! to be announced with a proper sequel for the switch. Strategy genre needs some love too

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You're missing the biggest detail.
Ultimate's is full.
Not saying that it's wrong, but just having a front size changing or reorganization isn't impossible, as you yourself admitted, DLC could just throw all of that **** out of the windows.
Ultimate's E3 Title screen is full. That is something we can't argue and you're 100% right.
But until we see the final title screen, nothing can be said, and UNTIL we see DLC getting announced (Which I ****ing bet you will happens) that credit might be all we have.

I'm still in the "Everyone is here"'s credit side, where it's just the Credit for everyone announced at that time for E3, so basically everyone from every smash game. But shrug Let's just wait and see

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You can't just say "font can change" when there's literally no precedent for it and you provided no evidence or points in your favor. Games don't just change font midway through just to accomodate new text, the font is a conscious design choice that NEEDS to be consistent.
You simply expect us to take your word for it, when you clearly don't know how game developers handle fonts and make no effort to construct an argument.
No, I'm not expecting you to take my word for it--things change between demos and a final builds, there's no reason to expect it will be exactly the same. We just never had an example of a demo build prior to a third party announcement. So yeah, for all we know, the only third parties are already in the game. But there's nothing to indicate for certain, because it's a unique situation.

I pointed out earlier, conceding, that for the Brawl demo build, Konami was included despite Snake not being in the demo (but it came out after he was announced). I conceded that point. But to say "there's no room for any more copyright so no more new companies" is a stretch, because there's many alternatives. I gave you one example. That's all.

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool:: I want to be FE, but I also want to be a fatass crocodile, what am I to d-....wait, is that a COUNTER?!
Well you gotta gain Sakurai's favor somehow. jk

#Notevenmad.

Lowkey I want him to wear a blue wig.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Advance wars fighter rep please Nintendo to be announced with a proper sequel for the switch. Strategy genre needs some love too
I mean, Fire Emblem and Pikmin exist. :p

D

Deleted member

Yes it is lol. You know those campaigns are under 4 hours combined right for any decent player? And theres like no online gamemodes

Tbh ask people what they would prefer an octaling or Geno, Isabelle or Issac and the choice is pretty clear.
In terms of online and singleplayer game modes, there are 10 total in Splatoon, with one of them being DLC.

And yeah, you can get through Octo Expansion pretty quick. Just like how you can beat Mario Odyssey in about 5 hours if you ignore everything, and how you can run to Ganon whenever you want in BotW. Longer playtime does not always equal better experiences. A Hat in Time can be beaten in about 3 to four hours, and it's held in the same regard as games like Mario 64.

TBH though, I have a feeling this is nothing but bait, so I'm just gonna go ahead and assume most of your replies will probably just be "LOL Sploon sucks". I'm sorry if you feel that way, but there is nothing that I can do to change that nor am I trying to. And I'm definitely not gonna try and speak for an entire community and say what they do and do not want. Let's just agree to disagree and move on, as any further discussion on this will most likely be pointless.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, Fire Emblem and Pikmin exist. :p
There's also God Wars that recently released for Switch. Just turn off the English voice acting. It's terrible.

The game is a fun take on the FE/AW sort of gameplay though. Very satisfying.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Advance wars fighter rep please Nintendo to be announced with a proper sequel for the switch. Strategy genre needs some love too
>thinks Splatoon doesn't deserve another rep because of "no online" and "only 4 hours long" single player modes
>whattheactualhell.jpg
>thinks long dead and irrelevant franchise deserves rep
>mfw

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Hat in Time can be beaten in about 3 to four hours, and it's held in the same regard as games like Mario 64.
What game is this? Everyone has heard of mario 64 I've never heard of hat in time. Mario 64 shaped a genre what has hat game done?

We are talking about content here? Not how fun a game is to play, I'm sure Splatoon is fun to play but I've played the game at my cousins incredibly light on content.

Beyond 4v4 multiplayer what do we get? Where's the expansive maps 12v12? Vehicles? A deep plot?

Seriously for a triple A game this is what I expect Mario Oddysey and Breath both were incredible games full of content. Unfair tk comapre them to a game like Splatoon

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hilda is the most pure and innocent show I've watched in a long time and anyone who just wants to feel good should watch it
It's on my watchlist but I gotten around to it, as well as Dragon Pilot. I'm Trying to catch up with Voltron. The Dragon Prince is great show as well too
Interesting how they are is releasing a soundtrack for these two games in Japan

Maybe this is hinting towards a dualology remake of said games? FE direct incoming?
Hope for Lyn for DLC? Most likely not. Not expecting it of course, but I'm hopeful.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What game is this? Everyone has heard of mario 64 I've never heard of hat in time. Mario 64 shaped a genre what has hat game done?

We are talking about content here? Not how fun a game is to play, I'm sure Splatoon is fun to play but I've played the game at my cousins incredibly light on content.

Beyond 4v4 multiplayer what do we get? Where's the expansive maps 12v12? Vehicles? A deep plot?

Seriously for a triple A game this is what I expect Mario Oddysey and Breath both were incredible games full of content. Unfair tk comapre them to a game like Splatoon
What you expect isn't really a determining factor here, man.

Chill out on the Splatoon hate. Feel the room.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm telling you guys...
It's like everyday we get in another argument
Also, Bandanna Waddle Dee and Octoling are fine additions to Smash. Case closed.

Anyways, do you guys think we'll get an announcement next week?

D

Deleted member

WaxPython

Smash Ace
thinks long dead and irrelevant franchise deserves rep
>mfw
Bang out of order with that statement. Just because we havent had a new game in the critically acclaimed series doesnt make it dead.
Or was the prime series desd until prime 4 was announced?

advance wars deserves a rep

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Advance wars fighter rep please Nintendo! to be announced with a proper sequel for the switch. Strategy genre needs some love too
While I would be fine with an Advance Wars rep,
I think ongoing franchises are more deserving of characters... It's how Smash Bros works. (aside from the retro reps)
ARMS and Rhythm Heaven reps, here we go...

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
>thinks Splatoon doesn't deserve another rep because of "no online" and "only 4 hours long" single player modes
>whattheactualhell.jpg
>thinks long dead and irrelevant franchise deserves rep
>mfw

Whenever this video is posted it brings a smile to my face. J. Jonah Jameson for Smash. Him in Spider-Man's suit as an alt.

Anyway. Any of you think we're getting Rayman for DLC?
I hope so. Rayman and Crash (and playable Bomberman... RIP) are the main iconic platformers not yet in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all feeding this troll really hard.
Yeah, let's just drop it. This thread isn't the place for it and it's clear to me all they're doing is simply trying to get a reaction.

Anyone wanna place bets on a Direct next week? If there is one, my money's on Thursday.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Could just be a coincidence, but I'd love to get a chance to play Binding Blade legally.
Where I live is apparently a hotspot for repro game producers. Our Retro Gaming Con has so many booths with authentic-looking reproduction games with good translations. While not the officially licensed product from Nintendo, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing all the old FE games on actual game carts in English over the years.

I think between the three SNES games and Binding Blade, I've spent maybe $90. Worth it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How anyone could have taken that as a serious enough statement to say this is beyond me man
Yeah, I'm a troll, you got me

Yeah, but there's a difference between not liking a series for actual reasons than straight up hating it to bolster their post count.
Haven't actually seen anyone do that
I don't think anything that's been said has been nearly to that degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom