• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Secret: I spent a lot o be able to guess why. XD
I do remember that for the first few weeks of owning Melee, I unlocked Falco every afternoon because we didn't have a memory card. :laugh:
I remembered playing Star Fox Adventures without a memory card for quite a while.
I kinda really hope this rule is broken in this game. For all the "rules" that have been broken this one still holds up and, I dunno, I love seeing a wrench getting thrown into the speculation scene. Freshens it up a bit.
Oh you can bet your *** I've wanted this stupid rule broken for ten long years.
Yeah this rule needs to end up like an certain Trophy Case, completely shattered. Ten years for Lyn and Krystal.

NineS

Smash Lord
Now I can say I've become the weird one on Smashboards.
I am my own antagonist.

Marx or Gooey for Smash, anybody?

Marx is honestly my favorite Kirby Antagonist, and Gooey is my favorite classic Kirby companion Pre-W.D. Era.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I am my own antagonist.

Marx is honestly my favorite Kirby Antagonist, and Gooey is my favorite classic Kirby companion Pre-W.D. Era.
I'm pretty sure either Marx or Magalor will be a boss in Spirits mode

D

Deleted member

True art such as this should be displayed in museums for all the world to see. I am truly moved to tears by this work of art, it's message is very powerful and life enriching.

This post is truly the most blessed of this thread, and cannot be topped. Ya done good, Noipoi, ya done good

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
True art such as this should be displayed in museums for all the world to see. I am truly moved to tears by this work of art, it's message is very powerful and life enriching.

This post is truly the most blessed of this thread, and cannot be topped. Ya done good, Noipoi, ya done good
Challenge accepted!!!

D

Deleted member

(Two of the pics not working without quotes, bear with me)
(Tried uploading them from Discord; if you can't see them, my apologies)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you a new theory.
Title Screen Theory.

But rather than be a theory of who could show up, it's a theory mainly of who won't show up.

And that is, ANY character that would require another copyright credit.
Observe, the title screen.

It covers the entire screen.

"But Golden-sama, what about the blank space after Hal Laboratory? Surely credits from the row below could be moved up there to make room after Square Enix, right?"

Technically, it could, however it is VERY unlikely.
Why, you may ask?

Because that gap is there by intentional design choice. A design choice that was present in Smash 4's title screen as well.

Before DLC:

After DLC (Couldn't get one of the English screen for some reason):

Ergo, characters like Steve, Banjo-Kazooie, Sora, Shantae, Isaac, etc.?
Not going to happen.

.....at least in base game. DLC could shake things up somehow, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Where are you getting these?
Why does this exist?
Why?
WHY?
Appropriate video to accompany your anguish.
Anyway, while this isn't a gaming image, it doesn't fail to lift my spirits.

WAAAAAAAAAH!

Noipoi

Howdy!

Title Screen Theory.

But rather than be a theory of who could show up, it's a theory mainly of who won't show up.

"But Golden-sama, what about the blank space after Hal Laboratory? Surely credits from the row below could be moved up there to make room after Square Enix, right?"

Why, you may ask?

Because that gap is there for by intentional design choice. A design choice that was present in Smash 4's title screen as well.

Before DLC:

Not going to happen.

Wow, something interesting!

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep claiming Bandana Dee is some super important main protagonist? He’s playable in a grand total of 2 games, one of which only came out this year. Outside of that, he’s appeared in just a handful of games as a glorified cameo basically.

He’s just a multi colored toad from NSMB. A place holder generic NPC for the multiplayer. /rant

D

Deleted member

Challenge accepted!!!

Hmm, a good effort. It will have settle for second place for me, unfortunately, for the purity of the Woomy is simply too strong to overcome. Only it's counterpart, the blessed Veemo, may hope to contend with its awesome powers of pure adorability.

View attachment 169209

I N F I N I T Y B L E S S I N G
U L T R A I N S T I N C T B L E S S
I am my own antagonist.

Hey! Thx...

If you don't mind, i have i smash related question :p What's the very first character that you intend to play when you get Ultimate (excluding potential newcomer obviously)? For me it's going to be K.Rool for sure, he seems like a ton of fun to play.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Title Screen Theory.

Why, you may ask?

Because that gap is there for by intentional design choice. A design choice that was present in Smash 4's title screen as well.

Before DLC:

Not going to happen.

We've already had enough theories about characters that won't show up. :p

All of the Wii U images are from the game, not the demo, which the Ultimate screenshot is. This is just like the Box Theory--it assumes things (like font size) won't change between a temp version (demo/placeholder art) and the final version.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey! Thx...

If you don't mind, i have i smash related question :p What's the very first character that you intend to play when you get Ultimate (excluding potential newcomer obviously)? For me it's going to be K.Rool for sure, he seems like a ton fun to play.
Well maybe I could go for Cloud. I mean who wouldn't want to play as--

PFFT!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah no, it's Yoshi for me :yoshi:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Title Screen Theory.

Why, you may ask?

Because that gap is there by intentional design choice. A design choice that was present in Smash 4's title screen as well.

Before DLC:

Not going to happen.

Did you forget that they are going to (re-)add Konami to the copyright listing?

NineS

Smash Lord

If you don't mind, i have i smash related question :p What's the very first character that you intend to play when you get Ultimate (excluding potential newcomer obviously)? For me it's going to be K.Rool for sure, he seems like a ton of fun to play.
I'm planning on getting a Ridley amiibo Day 1, so he's gonna be the first guy I pick up.

... Unless someone else on my wishlist gets in, then I'll either have to get two amiibo on day 1, or things might get complicated...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey! Thx...

Aside from my usual mains, :ultrichter:, his moveset looks so fun and I like whip using characters like :ivysaur: or :zerosuitsamus:.

Also :ultpalutena:, because I want to see how her new moveset works.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing as how you only have access to the original eight at first, i'll be using my favorite member of the original eight :ultpikachu:.
I'm gonna play a lot of characters like :ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultsnake::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu:, but as soon as I unlock :ultinkling: it's over. She was my main from day one.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey! Thx...

Technically we might be forced to play the original 8 first--all depends on how they decide to unlock characters (unless, potentially based on rumors, you have an amiibo). I won't be getting amiibo (unless Banjo's in), so I'd be playing the original 8. Mario, for the nostalgia* and because I'll never be playing him again, followed by the original 8. First character I'm excited to play as is Pokemon Trainer.

EDIT: Nostalgia's not the right word... after FLUDD, I lost interest in Mario. For sentimental reasons? Can't think of the right word.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay then...

You're definitely getting there, as that is quite possibly the best Yoshi fanart I've ever seen.

Honestly, if you guys want wholesome images, you should've just asked me! One of my favorite hobbies is collecting wholesome fanart:

DnFUG6pVAAARD9X.png

woomy_gif_by_yumyumcorn-dcg461f.gif

And while nowhere near as good as those ones and others posted, I dabble a bit in cute fanart drawing myself:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Title Screen Theory.

Why, you may ask?

Before DLC:

Not going to happen.

theories.png

I can see it being true. However, the interesting thing is that if this theory is true, then there should technically be no Minecraft content in the game at all, which would outright contradict Vergeben. Obviously, Vergeben has correct information, but I wouldn't be shocked to find out that one of his sources got something wrong, for whatever reason.

EDIT: Ignore what I said. The copyright is exclusively for playable characters. Ubisoft is not credited in Smash 4 for the Rayman trophies, and Yacht Club Games is not credited in Ultimate for Shovel Knight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 169216

I can see it being true. However, the interesting thing is that if this theory is true, then there should technically be no Minecraft content in the game at all, which would outright contradict Vergeben. Obviously, Vergeben has correct information, but I wouldn't be shocked to find out that one of his sources got something wrong, for whatever reason.
All this would mean is that Steve isn't a character.
Doesn't contradict Verge when there could still be an Assist (like Shovel Knight, where Yacht Club Games doesn't need to be credited for characters) or a stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom