• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate: Delay Roulette

Choose a delay option:

• I would never delay Smash Ultimate

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Fighters each get a fourth taunt: 1 day delay

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Ness' back throw gets nerfed: 3 day delay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five songs of your choice become part of the soundtrack: one week delay

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Villager's/Isabelle's forward and back aerials are changed so they're less spammable: 2 weeks delay

• Johnny Atma/Gametal remixes become part of the soundtrack: One month delay

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Newcomer: Mach Rider: 6 weeks delay

• Bayonetta, Cloud, Diddy Kong and Pikachu get nerfed: 10 weeks delay

• Wireless connection is server run instead of peer to peer: 3 months delay

• Newcomers: Geno and Sora: 4 months delay

• Five fighters of your choice get nerfed/buffed: 5 months delay

• Newcomers: Bandana Waddle Dee, Skull Kid, Isaac: 6 months delay

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • No changes, but DLC starts a month after the release, and new DLC content is monthly: One year delay

• You get to design the DLC: 18 months delay

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • You get to design Smash 6: 2 years delay

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Stage Builder returns: 3 weeks delay

• Break The Targets returns: 3 weeks delay

• World of Light has platforming: 5 weeks delay

• Game mode of your choice is added: 8 weeks delay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
With three weeks until Ultimate comes out, let's play a game: Here you have some options provided for you. For each option, however, Smash Ultimate gets delayed for a certain amount of time. Which option will you choose?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Why is there no Stage Builder option in the poll (and for that matter, Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, platforming stages, Smash Run, and Smash Tour should also have options), and why does the poll only allow for choosing one of the options?

Also, the term "roulette" implies a randomized selection, rather than an actual decision.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why would you delay for a year to get monthly DLC when it will probably be released within that year and you have the game in the meantime as is?

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Why would you delay for a year to get monthly DLC when it will probably be released within that year and you have the game in the meantime as it?
This. There’s no logic in that statement, since there are games that literally show off season pass characters BEFORE launch.

Delay Ultimate never.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The game is already perfect and I see no reason to delay it despite the amount of characters not making the roster

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
I would do a combination of giving everyone a fourth taunt and adding five music tracks of my choice.

That’s eight days of delay total, and to be honest, I’m okay with that. Both are worth the wait in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Every fighter getting a fourth taunt wouldn't take a single day of work to get anywhere near done, what even is this.

I mean, I get that you're not necessarily saying that each amount of time attached to something isn't necessarily how long that would actually take, but a lot of this is kinda arbitrary. Ness' change takes only 3 days, but Isabelle's two changes take an extra 11 days?

Arthur97

Smash Master
Every fighter getting a fourth taunt wouldn't take a single day of work to get anywhere near done, what even is this.

I mean, I get that you're not necessarily saying that each amount of time attached to something isn't necessarily how long that would actually take, but a lot of this is kinda arbitrary. Ness' change takes only 3 days, but Isabelle's two changes take an extra 11 days?
That's over 70 animations. Not to mention any voice clips. It would probably take more than a day.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
That's over 70 animations. Not to mention any voice clips. It would probably take more than a day.
That's what I meant, I think I worded that incorrectly.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Why is there no Stage Builder option in the poll (and for that matter, Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, platforming stages, Smash Run, and Smash Tour should also have options), and why does the poll only allow for choosing one of the options?

Also, the term "roulette" implies a randomized selection, rather than an actual decision.
Benefit of the doubt, hoping they're in the game just not announced.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’d totally design Smash 6 my way if I had the chance despite having zero skills in professional AAA game programming. :grin:

In seriousness, there’s no way I’m delaying the game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Benefit of the doubt, hoping they're in the game just not announced.
All right, I can see why you excluded the unannounced modes: your logic there makes sense. However, I still wonder why are you calling this a “roulette” when you're calling for an actual choice rather than a random selection. And why are combinations of choices not allowed?

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
All right, I can see why you excluded the unannounced modes: your logic there makes sense. However, I still wonder why are you calling this a “roulette” when you're calling for an actual choice rather than a random selection. And why are combinations of choices not allowed?
Couldn't find a better word.

In all honestly I would never delay Ultimate bc that's a bit selfish, but if I had to choose, 6 month delay for Dee, Isaac and Skull Kid. And this is all hypothetical: Example, for option one, we're assuming all of the fighters magically getting a new taunt each, no questions asked.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Obviously I would delay it if I ****ing got to be in control of everything in it.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
How would altering the balance of 5 fighters take 5 months?

Personally, I'd just give more landing lag to :ultcloud::ultmarth:(:ultlucina:):ultpikachu:, then improve :ultbowserjr:'s Up-B for recovering and give :ultsamus:(:ultdarksamus:) a working jab, a kill confirm and call it a day.

If we're stuck waiting the next 119 days, then I guess further de-cloning :ultdoc::ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink: and have :ultluigi:'s new Zair actually grab the ledge.

IDK, I completely ignored the ruleset here. lol

Arthur97

Smash Master
How would altering the balance of 5 fighters take 5 months?

Personally, I'd just give more landing lag to :ultcloud::ultmarth:(:ultlucina:):ultpikachu:, then improve :ultbowserjr:'s Up-B for recovering and give :ultsamus:(:ultdarksamus:) a working jab, a kill confirm and call it a day.

If we're stuck waiting the next 119 days, then I guess further de-cloning :ultdoc::ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink: and have :ultluigi:'s new Zair actually grab the ledge.

IDK, I completely ignored the ruleset here. lol
I like decloning. If that were an option I probably would have picked it. Also, let's only increase Marth's lag to give her some kind of edge.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I wouldn't delay Ultimate. Not because I think it's the infallibly perfect smash bros game imaginable, but because none of these options are something that's even on my mind. Why balance characters personally when there's a confirmed 1+ year of balance updates done for us using ranked matches as a basis rather than the aggregate of For Glory win rates? How come more returning modes and features aren't choices? Why does me messing up Smash 6 end up delaying this game as well? No logic there, especially giving every character a new taunt. You're crazy if you think that takes a day or a week to do.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
As much as I would like :ultdoc: to be buffed and be top tier, I wouldn't wait 5 more months for that and I'd just hope they'd buff him through updates.

I would delay the game if there was an option to add in modes like break the targets, home run, and stage builder. Otherwise, no delay.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I'm not sure these options are all that balanced--76 new taunts in ONE day? They'd need a literal army of developers to pull that off!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
See? This is how you convince me to consider delaying smash... I mean, there's no stage builder option, but **** it.

I voted for "One week delay for five more music tracks," specifically so that I could do this:

boom. bam. bop. bada bop boop. pow.

Checkmate, Square Enix. :troll:

I'd be lying if I said that "you design Smash 6" wasn't tempting as hell though.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, if I personally get to decide on all the DLC, hell yeah I'll push it back a year and a half.

Those DLC characters will be there forever.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm not sure these options are all that balanced--76 new taunts in ONE day? They'd need a literal army of developers to pull that off!
It's purely hypothetical. Just Imagine it was magically added.

Also I added new options regarding stage builder. break the targets, etc.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Two year delay to design smash 6 vs. 18 months for just the DLC?

Two years it is. Not sure why working on Smash 6 would delay Ultimate, but that's a big juicy prize I couldn't say no to.

Top Bottom