• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Char Main Stereotypes Part 1

FruitLoop

Smash Apprentice
What's up fellow Gamers, as we all know Smash Ultimate has more fighters than there are currently IQ Points in my brain. So I thought it'd be interesting if I gave my takes on every single Smash Ultimate Stereotype for each main. This will be part 1 with every character and echo up until melee and if people like this series enough I can finish with the rest of the cast.

Also this post is pretty satirical and isn't meant to be taken seriously. I don't actually judge you much for the characters that you go and these are just "stereotypes" of what someone who mains a character would likely act.

Without further ado, here we go!

:ultmario:: Mario mains probably put ketchup on spaghetti first of all which is NOT Okey Dokey. They tend to think that using double shorthop aerials makes them advanced at rushdown and pressure and they think just getting shorthop up-air strings off of throws and shorthop aerials after punishing the opponent's out of shield options would make them apparently great at advantage. Many of these paisanos fetishize Battlefield and still think Forward-Air clips are good enough to make it to any combo video. Whenever they feel even a little bit threatened out of their safety bubble they just love their little invincible Up-Smash for everything. Also don't tell them that you like playing Dr. Mario more since they treat their main as a religious cult with Doctor Mario being the condemned demon that takes everyone's garlic bread.

:ultdk:: Likely still complains about Spinning Kong and his moves still being unsafe on hit alongside having their character being too easy to camp and combo, and probably for good reason. Due to the fact that half of their moves are unsafe on hit and they get trauma from accidentally hitting the opponent with the wrong move. Donkey Kong mains love to just spam Back-Air, Dash Attack, and Forward-Tilt in neutral alongside the occasional fishing for grab because lets be honest here, that's the only way Donkey Kong can even play neutral. Some Donkey Kong mains try way too hard to look sick in front of their friends with their aerial down-b landing punishes and spikes when they know for a fact that the opponent can just get out of the way and kill them with one hit. Also they hate people who mash out of their Grab and they still think the Ding Yeet cargo back throw kill is somehow unironically funny.

:ultlink:: "I swear my Z-Drop Bomb combos are sick". They probably think they have a moral high ground to other Young Link and Toon Link players for thinking that they are less campy and more trap based as if that makes them any better and they think that Link's absurd range on most of his moves especially his Up-B is perfectly balanced like all things should be. Many of these Link mains like to somehow lose to a random low tier main because they focus too much on practicing their Neutral-Air's safety area and bomb setups to the point where they never study actual matchups except for the completely meta relevant ones.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: Many actually good Samus mains try to convince everyone that Samus is not a Zoner but rather a "mid range character that just happens to have zoning options" if that really makes their case any better. I think they do that for good reason because Wifi Samus players that just camp kind of disgrace their name. They think that their ledge game is "sick" whenever they put a bomb at ledge and then go for up-tilt or grab or back-air for punishes and many of them think their character is secretly high tier. Whenever they feel even a little bit threatened in the air they just mash the down-b button and a zig zag direction and they think how they play disadvantage is sick. They're usually okay people and suprisingly Dark Samus mains aren't edgelords but rather they just somehow think their character is objectively superior which may or may not be true.

:ultyoshi:: Nair. Out. Of. Shield. Many Yoshi mains for some reason always have a weird obsession with having their character being talked about, especially if it isn't in a negative light. They swear their character isn't 100% braindead because once the opponent gets past 60% where their free up-air strings don't work anymore they have to "work" for things assuming they aren't camping for eggs. Though in reality around that % they are just spamming their un-shield pokeable shield to just constantly nair the opponent to death and they still think that using forward-tilt and waiting for an airdodge to get an Up-Air to kill is still apparently just them being purely skillful at frame trapping. They likely complain about their character's grab and in general they like to lame out their opponents with eggs while still complaining about the opponent's character. They likely have a Yoshi profile pic as well btw. Also they think their char is overpowered and top tier and everything and I bet that once Yoshi gets nerfed they'll start complaining about how Yoshi wasn't that good before.

:ultkirby:: Even with the buffs to Kirby, they think Battlefield is the anti-christ and they likely wanted PS1 banned over PS2 solely because their plat combos work worse on that stage. Likely think their character has surpassed low tier and that apparently Kirby has niches vs Top tiers which probably isn't true but whatever. They think their advantage state is sick when they hit you with anything and many Kirby Mains either use Down-Air religiously, or religiously talk against that move calling it overrated. They probably are begging for Up-Throw buffs so their character can "kill" and for Neutral-Air to be faster than it already is after the buffs and they think their character would be overpowered with good air speed.

:ultfox:: "Man I had to work so hard for that kill eventhough I have 20 different completely safe moves that can easily fish me some kills". Okay i'm kidding, Fox doesn't have the best kill power suprisingly, but your rushdown and frame trapping isn't sick if your just throwing out a significant amount of safe moves. Many fox mains can't tell the difference between a neutral-air and a Dash attack outside of one being a move for fishing for Up-Smash kills which they lab out 24/7 on each character and probably check Foxcord on and the other having Dash in the name. Some are furries and some just play Fox because its the character that plays most like melee. Also no Fox mains, laughing at the opponent for picking Final Destination so you can regurgitate the meme does not make you funnier as a person.

:ultpikachu:: "Pika? Busted. My Pika kind of Nice". Also you probably like to blame the opponent completely for getting caught by Back-Air combos because apparently they DI'd wrong even if they main a heavy. They probably think their character deserves nerfs but inside they are deeply praying that the time doesn't come.

:ultluigi:: Probably watched all the Hotel Mario cutscenes weekly and they usually play Luigi for the uh... PLOT. They either go on training mode for 10 hours straight labbing out their 0 to death combos and what to do if it whiffs on every single character or they probably eat Glue and think Spamming a Frame 1 Invincible Killing Down-B would be more than enough to make up for their mediocre at best gameplay whilst still complaining about how Down-B doesn't connect. They think their opponent is stupid enough to get grabbed at 0 and wouldn't try to camp them regardless. You can now guess what happens when they enter a slightly stacked local tournament then.

:ultness:: Ok the jokes write themselves. Ness bad. PK Fire Bad. Ness mains low pp and IQ. But can we take a moment to just feel bad for the Ness mains that just play him because they like Earthbound? Also the good ness mains that use "magnets" think their sicker than they are because they know how to use it when really the family dog knows how to use it once they look at professional Ness gameplay even once. Also no, no one in tournaments is going to stay at ledge vs you when your either fishing for ledge back-throw. Also they think their edge guarding is sick when they just spam down-smash at ledge and they secretly think it's perfectly balanced. The best way to summarize Ness mains is that they're the type of person to frame their imaginary best friend for the murder that they did. I'll let you and your English Teacher decide what that physically entails.

:ultfalcon:: I get that sometimes Falcon mains just love to **** on their character and how their kit doesn't work and how they want an actual turnaround animation which I guess I'd be down for since I do think Falcon does deserve some buffs. But despite this, Falcon mains play Falcon for the people and for just playing a character you like and find hype. It's respectable and honestly falcon mains are pretty fun to play regardless of skill, so kudos my gamer!

:ultjigglypuff:: After seeing the buffs most Puff mains just went to training room for like 30 minutes to practice down-air and pound to rest combos. They probably now think their character is overpowered thanks to the buffs and think that they are being carried by Rest eventhough the move still doesn't kill at 60 on most of the cast and it's still unsafe on hit. They fear the ground and anything that is officially NOT on the ground and they probably don't know any ways to get the opponent in the air outside of just getting them offstage. Most puff mains choose to nobly not use Up-Throw to get the opponent in the air to give melee players no trauma.

:ultpeach::ultdaisy:: The people who play either of these characters are either the girlfriend of a smash player who is trying to impress him to think they are familiar with his games and just reluctantly picked these characters. I know this can apply to most other female characters and characters like Kirby but it just feels especially true with these characters. The others just constantly practice float cancels in training mode and they think that they are super good at pressuring the opponent just because of that one aspect of their play when they probably just get hit by bigger hitboxes in neutral anyways. They like to complain about swordies and they probably secretly think their character is overrated. Also they swear that their side-b being completely safe on shield is perfectly balanced. Daisy is better than Peach as a character btw fight me.

:ultbowser:: Big fan of the beyblade spins and they think that their flame breath dealing 40% and being unblockable is completely deserving and that it's not overpowered as the opponent can go behind him. They realize that the opponent is probably stupid enough to get hit by flame breath in disadvantage and they probably are right with those decisions and they too are afraid of their frame 6 command grab side-b as they secretly fear that the opponent will put them at a direction that's offstage and blow their lead. They do at least recognize that their character has a lot of dumb stuff but they justify it by saying that Bowser's disadvantage sucks which I guess is a fair point, but cmon it still shouldn't exist.

:ulticeclimbers:: The very definition of someone who goes to training mode for hours to practice with two seven year olds with a hammer. They try to make themselves seem as smart as possible with their desyncs when half of the time it doesn't work and they try to do techs that are impractical for competitive play just because it looks fancy. There's also a lot of mediocre Ice Climber players that just like to side-b and go for up-air and they think they are good at playing advantage because they totally deserved that 60%. Many ice climber players when they win a game with Sopo remaining tend to think that their Sopo game is apparently sick. They're also probably the only people that become excited when the first few beats of Under Pressure turns into Vanilla Ice's song.

:ultsheik:: Sheik mains are probably the type of student who works real hard only to get a C-. They also like to defend their character like an abused wife and if you say that Sheik needs buffs then you'll hear a Sheik main enter your house with a Knife while sarcastically saying "Buff Sheik" as they play you in Smash. Then while you play the Sheik Main they get you with a drag down Up-Air combo that dealt 30% that they practiced in training mode for 6 hours straight each day with each character as they brag about their character not being awful as you joked about Sheik only dealing 29% off of a drag down Up-Air string on twitter.

:ultzelda:: "Man I killed you at 50 with a Lightning Kick out of shield from your spaced safe aerial I really deserved that and my nair didn't connect once during the game so we better buff Zelda". Also they're usually weebs and no Zelda isn't cute and she never was cute. I'm gonna get a lot of hate for that comment but it's true when characters like Wario, Luigi, King K Rool, King Dedede, and other hot characters exist. They probably also want to bang the Phantom as well because it carries their neutral alongside them waiting for the opponent to touch their shield.

:ultdoc:: Usually browses the memes channel and is quite active on many character discord's meme pages. They think that landing their pill combos are more satisfying than any Mario combo ever will be and they just want to play Ganondorf with a projectile without being shouted at with every single Doriyah meme. I feel bad for em, but most Doc mains that I talk to are pretty cool people so yea.

:ultpichu:: They probably think that Pichu vs Heavyweights are bad matchups vs Pichu because of the plentiful of memes involving how early Pichu dies when Pichu clearly kills most heavyweights at % even lower while still basically being impossible to hit. Many good pichu mains think that the opponent deserves it when they get robbed out of their advantage from a spiking thunder gimp at 10. They suffer from the fear that their character may or may not get another nerf and they just picked Pichu either because they thought the character was better than pika for awhile so they just went with Pichu and after the nerfs they played Pichu so much to the point where they can't swap back to Pikachu or because they just feel like being a squirrelly little yellow turd.

:ultfalco:: They beg to sakurai for Up-Smash buffs so it connects and they always focus on how bad Falco's multihits are despite dealing 80% for hitting the opponent once. They pray for the opponent to get hit by one up-tilt so they can do the up-tilt back air kill confirm that they trained for every day. There's also a good chance that Falco mains would actually be gay for their character if they're male or that they somehow have a crush on him if they're female.

:ultmarth:: Probably only picked Marth over Lucina because they think Marth when optimized in a perfect world would be better as they think their non-tipper to tipper conversions are more satisfying than Lucina's entire kit. They really have a weird obsession with moves with higher hitlag than normal and they likely think their character is top 10 because of MKLeo previously using the character despite him obviously switching out of Marth.

:ultlucina:: They really had no idea who to play in smash and just picked the easy top tier character because she's fun enough and they are satisfactory enough with Lucina to the point where they just decide to just main her flat out. Most lucina mains are actually lucina secondaries and they probably like to open potato chips with scissors.

:ultyounglink:: They think their character can kill just because they know a kill confirm or two off of their main when those moves don't even kill until past 150 and they widely believe that Young Link is the best link. They probably hired a GFX Artist for 10$ to make a Young Link pfp with their username on it to make it look flashy. Some Young Link mains do main him because of Majora's Mask and just want Skull Kid for Smash. Also don't tell them that Toon Link is better since they still think that their char is top 10 or something like that.

:ultganondorf:: Without mentioning Doriyah, Ganon mains probably still think that their character is the worst character in the game and that apparently they think that anyone that thinks Ganon isn't complete garbage are just mid level players that just lose to wifi ganon. Ganon is def not a good char but Little Mac bad? Come on. They like to somehow complain about Ganondorf's moves "not working" because of stuff like the opponent popping out of their character's Nair when its clearly a VERY good move regardless. I do feel bad for Ganon mains in bracket that just get camped to death so they drown in pools. They probably use the doriyah emoji on any discord with it and they like to complain about Rockcrocking including Falcon mains. I feel like Falcon/Ganondorf main twitters are completely different communities from other character's usual twitters but that's just me.

:ultmewtwo:: They without a doubt disagree with Charles Darwin's views of Natural Selection and they prove that his theory is false because most animals have tails. They are pretty used to taking smash attacks to the face due to their tail ending up being in front of the opponent when they're behind the opponent even after the buffs. Most Mewtwo mains just came from Smash 4 and they were too lazy to pick up anyone else. Generally fine people but Mewtwos are a rare breed so can't confirm everything.

:ultroy:: Roy mains either felt like playing someone melee-like that wasn't fox because they mained Marth in melee, or they just flat out think that their Roy is sick because they spam Nair on quickplay. They tend to view the fact that their Dancing Blade is perfectly balanced despite it being more powerful than Cloud's Limit Cross Slash and most Roy players tend to actually play Melee.

:ultchrom:: Similar to Roy players but instead on constantly fishing for Dancing Blade to kill at mid % they just like to Kamikaze their stocks with their suicide Up-B in hopes of resetting the opponent's advantage or for maintaining their advantage. They swear that their character's recovery isn't THAT bad as long as the Chrom knows how to airdodge but let's be honest here, they're just doing that as a coping mechanism. Shhhhhhh... don't tell them about character counters for edge guarding by the way.

:ultgnw:: Game and Watch mains are solely carried by one thing and one thing only. That sweet sweet Up-B out of shield. They get one up-b, get a nair, then they just try to juggle their opponent to death through their impossible to trade Up-Air. They swear that if the opponent gets hit by bacon at ledge constantly it's actually just the opponent being bad even if they main a character that can't deal with it like a heavyweight main. They probably own a meme twitter account and think they're the quirky ones at a party. Also they love to justify their character's overpowered up-b by saying that their character can't approach when in reality they don't even need to approach the entire time. Game and Watch mains also love saving their Side-B clips and they probably don't want people to know that G&W is actually black Greg Heffley.

If you liked part 1 then you can show your support as with enough support I might finish the rest of these.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Are you going to make separate threads for the other parts or are you going post them all in the same thread?

Cristeve

Smash Rookie
I main Peach and i play in my own way
I like to use Toad under the stage
PD: The "Stale-Move Negation" thing exist, y'know?
Spamming combos is bad

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
They think that their ledge game is "sick" whenever they put a bomb at ledge and then go for up-tilt or grab or back-air for punishes
... that hit too close to home. Got me there, good sir :D

Samus is not a Zoner but rather a "mid range character that just happens to have zoning options"
But that's the reality!

Also the good ness mains that use "magnets" think their sicker than they are because they know how to use it when really the family dog knows how to use it once they look at professional Ness gameplay even once.
In all seriousness, I tip my hat to all Ness players that consistently use magnet and reverse magnet to navigate through the air. So far I saw 2 players doing that to great extend, and they get all my respects. Could never do it.

Also, I lol'd at "Doc is Ganondorf with projectiles".

Please do a second part.

Top Bottom