• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Super Smash Bros UK Thread

Want to find competition? Want to prove whos boss?
Then this is the thread for you

We have a very popular Facebook group for upcoming tournaments, smashfests and general discussion

http://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK

#1 Tournaments
#2 Livestreams + Youtube

#1 Tournaments

First post will be updated with upcoming UK Tournaments, if you are attending any make sure you click "Yes" for "Confirmed Attendees" on the top of the thread!

#2 Livestreams + Youtube

Super Smash Bros UK Melee + Project M Twitch

www.twitch.tv/fuzzyness

www.twitch.tv/jolte0n

Super Smash Bros UK Melee + Project M YouTube

www.youtube.com/supersmashbrosuk

Super Smash Bros UK Brawl Twitch

www.twitch.tv/smashbrawluk

Super Smash Bros UK Brawl YouTube

www.youtube.com/smashbrawluk
[/quote]

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
First!

In reponse to the last post in the other thread about Edwin..
loool I know.

I knew you would edit my post aiko lol. But I apologize for my post but I still want it to remain lol.

aiko edit: no thanks. lets keep the personal flaming away this time.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
God dammit, change the name to London Monthlies or something. Mini tournament sounds appalling, there was nothing mini about the last one.

Shame on you as a mod fuzz, you should be reading stickied threads and updating the brawl rules instead of blindly putting illegal stages on the counterpick list

Can I suggest what the stage list should be?

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
God dammit, change the name to London Monthlies or something. Mini tournament sounds appalling, there was nothing mini about the last one.

Shame on you as a mod fuzz, you should be reading stickied threads and updating the brawl rules instead of blindly putting illegal stages on the counterpick list
lol I think we should call it somethingelse rather the London Mini-Tournament cos it sounds kinda dumb and like a lil event with like 20-25 people in. But I can't really think of any other right now but does anyone have an idea of what it could be?.....ummmmm....What about London Monthlies Tourns or something cos that would seem more attractive to people cos people would see it as major tournment which is what attracts people and I ALWAYS get London people on msn asking me when the next tournament is and changing the name could help out and attract them newer people.
Anyonelse agree or think it should be called somethingelse?

VA

Smash Hero
I may or may not attend, I think I'm working at a festival that weekend so it's rather unlikely.

P.S mini tournament is ****ing gay.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Online brawl tournaments must be brutal, winning then celebrating alone in your bedroom

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Holy shi--

I've always wanted to enter an online tourney!

Count me in. And for the win ;)
It's not an online tournament loool.
We go to a venue and play each other.
Don't have to high expecatation of your placing though, well I can't say that for brawl actually cos I dunno the UK brawl level....only the melee players lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Holy shi--

I've always wanted to enter an online tourney!

Count me in. And for the win ;)
And yea mate, you live in Scotland, I have the feeling you dont really wanna come all the way down to London for something local like this,

And mini tournament is pretty gay tbh, but monthlies imply that these are gonna be monthly which im guessing they are not

Jesus6662008

Smash Rookie
I should be able to make it.. Although I leave for Canada on like the 1st or 2nd of July. Guna be interesting persuading my folks. Also, Goron, if u read this, are you deathgazer's asian friend :p?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I like the sound of doubles but I don't like the sound of brawl doubles cos that is just long. ALONG WITH BRAWL CREW BATTLES. But I want melee doubles and melee crew battles cos they ain't long like brawl.
But I guess it is all based on the community if we get down to that kinda stuff. If people help bring in setups and get here on time then we will get enough done so we can do those extra stuff. The reason the ranbat ran out of time last time was because not enough setups and people signing up late. So the community has to be on time next time if they want a good event for themselves. Cos if stuff don't get done it's certain people in the communities fault.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
The 8 people pools was pretty ******** like you guys were purposely trying to make it longer, setups was a dumb excuse and i don't even know why i listened to that cuz whether there are 15 setups or 2 setups; no matter what the same number of people will be playing at one time.

I'm pretty sure the fastest and most sensible way to construct a 16-bracket from 32 players would be 8 pools of 4. 28 players would be 7 pools of 4 to make a 14-bracket but then you gotta do one of those dodgy squaring rounds to make it even. ALWAYS go for 4 man pools if you're trying to get brackets between 8 and 16.

With a fast best of 1 pools and best of 3 brackets, 5 finals there should be time for at least crew battles if not teams. But people have to bring more setups, I would even bring my gamecube for melee even though it's not my game but it's my community.

Tamoo

Smash Master
mako is right tho, if we split the setups between brawl and melee and did that 8 man pool again, that means that 28 games are played in each pool.
If we concentrate on melee first, a pool of four will generate 7 games, and double that for brawl which makes 14,
So in all, we could reduce the time it takes to get through pools by a half by making sure we never do 8 man pools again and do brawl and melee one at a time with pools of 4 or whatever fits the situation

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ok cool, well im going to start signups properly in June or whenever I finish uni.. gonna try make an online way to sign up lol like the european tourneys

then I dont have to keep checking the **** boards

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Dnt worry I'll make sure the pools get done quickly is it 4 or 5 in the pool? Or is it gonna depend on how manny ppl sign up?

I also think that we do need all the setups we can get so I think every1 shld bring a setup

N if sum1 can direct me 2 a site that sells non LCD tvs I'll b happy 2 buy sum n bring them older sisters os me huge 4 helpin her wit her last year uni work

multiplaya

Smash Rookie
Here we go again lol

I got exams near that time so I'm not %100

But %70 sure I'll make it

And I will bring my boy along.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
NDJ just look for random cash converters, they're the cheapest...find ones that sell ones that work with pal 60 (£15 is the best price you'll prob get)..otherwise maybe £13 or something close lol.. most Cash converters try rip for £20

I believe the walthamstow one is having a sell right now and you can buy bigger ones for £15

why do you need to buy t.vs?

Top Bottom