• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Zade

Demon Blue
It's been about 6 years since I last played Melee but I've been inspired to play again, this time competitively...Possibly Project M too. Do you guys that go HOG use the PAL version of Melee or the NTSC one with the better frame rate?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Project M = Too Good

Heck I might even have to have a go with Smash Bros on a truly competitive level. See how deep the rabbit hole goes!

brawlerpit

Smash Rookie
Noob question:

Is the 2.6 version of Project M the standard in UK tournaments rather than 3.0?

I'm coming back to Smash after ages...Sorry.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
We use 3.0.2 currently, the only reason 2.6 was used there was because the tournament actually happened in november.

brawlerpit

Smash Rookie
No problem. Hey, are you heading off to the tourney?
I think it is me your talking too...Awkward if you aren't.
I might go to some small tournaments around London when I can since I only just started playing project M yesterday. Not sure what the tournament scene is like anymore so I'll have to look into that. I'll probably go to most of the summer tourneys once my A-levels are finished :)

BTW: PROJECT M IS EPIC!

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I think it is me your talking too...Awkward if you aren't.
I might go to some small tournaments around London when I can since I only just started playing project M yesterday. Not sure what the tournament scene is like anymore so I'll have to look into that. I'll probably go to most of the summer tourneys once my A-levels are finished :)

BTW: PROJECT M IS EPIC!
Yeah, it was you I was talking too.

And yeah, it's rightfully earned my nickname of Melee 2.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Professor Pro won PM, Fuzzy won Melee.
Nice going to the two of 'em! I'm honestly curious to know how far I'd have actually gotten in the Project M singles had I actually stuck around and played in the tourney.

Nevertheless, t'was damn good fun.

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Nice going to the two of 'em! I'm honestly curious to know how far I'd have actually gotten in the Project M singles had I actually stuck around and played in the tourney.

Nevertheless, t'was damn good fun.
You should attend SAD3 or SDS2 this month if you wanna play in a tournament. =] EDentines was indeed a great event, however.

RevengeLatty

Smash Rookie
cool thanks allot guys will definitely attend will be my first tourney another question where could I go to get some casuals around London if there are any spots

Cloud7z

Smash Cadet
It's good to see that the UK has an active tournament scene. I thought I was out of luck as I previously thought they were only common in America.
I will be unable to attend the two tournaments on the front page due to exams, however I am definitely planning on getting involved in the scene.

I've been following the Melee scene for quite a while however I am still a very inexperienced player since I have no one to practise against. I end up playing against LVL9 CPUs but it's hard to improve since I'm not M2K. Would it be appropriate for me to come to these tourneys?

Top Bottom