• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Tis a shame, I've got something pseudo-planned that might be easier for you to get to in the future, i'll get on it

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Kone has started to play again so it's always possible that you may be able to experience it again.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome! When I do start making it down to events I'm gonna pull a KDJ and MM you all so you're all secretly training me :smirk:

Jolteon

Haha, it doesn't take that long to sort out. =p

btw, renders of melee fox/oot link:

Kone

Smash Master
Im going to sams fest in nottingham this weekend. If a local scene sparks from this and there is regular meetups itll motivate me to host something. Sny 2 three years late lol?!

S2rull - no excuses regarding distance! Im from newcastle. Ive been part of the melee scene for a decade and lived in newcastle for the first six years of that. I forged the creation of the early community and was a regular hoster of uk tournaments in newcastle and travelled to all tourneys in the uk (newcastle to somerset is a fair distance).

Age will hold you back but when it doesnt dont let distance. I hosted my first uk tourney at sixteen and picked smashers up in my dads car without a license lol. Got to roll that dice sometimes ;)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
So after a day of PM, im really loving ZSS, she seems to have poor recovery game and from what i can see lacking a solid kill move ( unless i'm missing something?) but damn is this ***** fun to play

OK, that's pretty motivating. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna get to some when possible!
do it man! the more active players the better! ( obviously) though dont main jiggs, i hate jiggs :'(

@joltm all bout this fox render tho

Jolteon

SNY 2 sounds legit, Ed. :)

Callum: ZSS' down b goes a fair distance, has invincibility frames partly and most importantly refreshes when you get hit. Ideally, you would want to down b first every time and then save your double jump. Tethers are pretty punishable though. Her fsmash is pretty strong and you can hitconfirm into it from dsmash, but apart from that you've gotta rely on off-stage set-ups with aerials to kill. Glad you are finding her fun, though. =]

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I've been using Down b > Jump > Up b if needed but i didnt know it refreshes when hit though, good stuff. thats what i thought with her kill potential, thanks for the help though man!

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Nah man! I love playing Jiggs! Such a fun character to play and she's really versatile as well!!!

Jolteon

np Callum. ShiftingShadows plays a solid ZSS and I know Shlurpie picked her up, maybe you can discuss things with them as well. :p For videos you can check out Oro's ZSS and Leffen's.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
When I've played ZSS In what I've played Vs real people I've used her mainly as a campy character ( not like a jiggs style of camp doe) using the annoying aspects like SH weak blaster to standing blaster and wait for the to **** up/ get close enough to get a grab, den get dem nice combos in then run away and camp and repeat :p and I never use her Side b for anything other then to recover unlike you slupz

Maybe I'm playing her wrong, but hey I'm pretty comfortable with it, we'll see after Saturday at Up-B!

Hopefully not get ***** Had a dream last night I won P:M there, bit of a strech aye after like 4 days of playing it ;)

Jolteon

You can learn pm and melee at the same time, it's not really that hard. The skills are transferable.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
"everything else nah"

Callum pls ~BibleThump~
Dude i've seen Foo Fighters so much meh in Dave Grohls voice i walked off to watch Justice instead (best band)
Foo Fighters aren't even the best band hes played in, its all about Scream

I really need to hear this story
Did i mention it was a used plaster? oh drunken Callum and his bright ideas. I could just open it up with ma trusty triwing but whatever the laser stopped reading Duel layered disks anyway

Top Bottom