• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Armada has to come up with a way to beat the Jigglypuff matchup, it is definitely his (or Peach's however you wanna look at it) weakness looking at past performance. Apart from on a flat stage where you can throw a turnip up, the inability to severely punish missed rests enables players to just throw early ones out in the hopes of getting an early kill without having to sacrifice a stock for it, low risk but high reward.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Armada has to come up with a way to beat the Jigglypuff matchup, it is definitely his (or Peach's however you wanna look at it) weakness looking at past performance. Apart from on a flat stage where you can throw a turnip up, the inability to severely punish missed rests enables players to just throw early ones out in the hopes of getting an early kill without having to sacrifice a stock for it, low risk but high reward.
Armada does use turnips and a Dsmash to punish rests quite badly. They may not lose the stock at low % but it's certainly not low risk

Retroking2000

Smash Master
armada is has the most potential from the top 5

he should definitely win pound 5

hes played the best of the best and it comes to really close games they dont consistently rolll over 3-0 or whatever

if mew2king vs armada happens again i would want mew2king to win cause he has been slapped each time lol

but i still want armada to win the tourney lol

if they are in GF iwont say anything lol

Degree

Smash Apprentice
It's low risk and high reward compared to many other matchups Bill, and throwing turnips only works if no platforms get in the way. He's played the best and generally beaten them, but Puff is frequently stopping him.

Of course if he can just throw away stitches and pull out bombs on command...

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Turnip combos into Usmash as well for kills at around 50%. Armada did it to Hbox in one of the game of the Apex GFs.
That's the best part of that set haha.

*Hbox misses a rest*

Commentary - It doesn't matter.

*Armada pulls turnip, throws up, turnip -> upsmash kill*

Commentary about 4 seconds later - ... it mattered.

smakis

Smash Ace
all europeans knew that was gonna happen ^^

though iirc you can cc+di the turnip or whatever to rest or some other gay **** on pretty much all % =P (if he goes for the usmash)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
We should try this I think, although I did like the whole knew system we did at the last monthly.

and if that works well again then ermmm dont fix what isnt broke?
We could do both systems at once, I think the two really cool things about this one is that 1) you don't get ties (1,2,3,5,5,7,7 etc) you get actual results and 2) you don't get bracket *****/results are much more accurate, basically I think it would just produce much more reliable results which helps a lot for the new top x go through system we're using (along with Hugo's rankings).

I don't know if there's anything wrong with it, so yeah if we do try it and it doesn't work then there's no point using it.

Turnip combos into Usmash as well for kills at around 50%. Armada did it to Hbox in one of the game of the Apex GFs.
Actually you can just mash rest and it'll hit them if they do that >_>

gm jack

Smash Lord
Really? Guess she goes back with Sheik in the characters who can't really punish a rest well.

And that round robin system looks pretty good so long as people play their matches in some sort of reasonable time frame.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I like the Losers Bracket system, according to the thread it will only approxamitely take up like one extra set each round which is worth it IMO.

But yeah I hope we have enough time to do it this monthly with the extra TV's and such and hopefully no J3ly 15 Minute Weed breaks.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well, say if we start asap.. literally people have to be there on time then we can get it done easily

I might chuck everyone out as soon as we get everything set up and get the laptops on

rustediron

Smash Lord
We could do both systems at once, I think the two really cool things about this one is that 1) you don't get ties (1,2,3,5,5,7,7 etc) you get actual results and 2) you don't get bracket *****/results are much more accurate, basically I think it would just produce much more reliable results which helps a lot for the new top x go through system we're using (along with Hugo's rankings).

I don't know if there's anything wrong with it, so yeah if we do try it and it doesn't work then there's no point using it.
I approve.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
yeah that would be a good time to start asap

also after understanding that kone is not doing sny2 i am going to try to make myself useful lol

frostbyte could have brought his TV but we forgot lol

so hopefully we should have one more TV and i could bring mine if he picks me up at ????? :D

so possibly 2 TVs and 2 melee setups

im not fully confirming that it will happen cause he might be lazy and i might be lazy too lol

but i will do my best
assuming a person has a dazzle i could bring my laptop so people could use it to record more melee matches

also found out i have a community centre with Tvs near my house . wow

im charles 2.0

see im making a effort lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
Va - whats the score with next weekend? i'm going to come up regardless to see some friends and get crunk but that weekend would be even better if i could bring tesco crew and chill ar urs too

VA

Smash Hero
well, I dunno about all of tesco, I don't want that many people here otherwise it gets uncomfortable. but yeah you adrian and lewis are welcome to come down that weekend. I need to practice sheik on you lot :)

duh duh duh, I revealed my new main.

j3ly

Smash Champion
what will PMS do? :o

fair does but ill have to talk to them 2 + pms to see if they and he mind (fragment consider revising)

edit - hahahaha sacred grove desecrator

VA

Smash Hero
lol

yeah I guess he can come too, just don't know him very well and samus is too easy to **** so it's less good practice than the rest of you :p

also the sacred grove desecrator thing is from wcr3. would you believe that's what they say if your base is being attacked? "our (my) sacred grove is being desecrated" really? wtf.

j3ly

Smash Champion
pms is the 2nd best in tesco for now judging from recent friendly results and consistent tournament results. i know he is black and all but really he wont take more than, say, £30 cash from ur house. maybe a television too but only a really small one. might wanna lock away your pots and pans tho.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
well, I dunno about all of tesco, I don't want that many people here otherwise it gets uncomfortable. but yeah you adrian and lewis are welcome to come down that weekend. I need to practice sheik on you lot :)

duh duh duh, I revealed my new main.
More ****, easier win.....better combo video material.

Look forward to your change back after like one tournament/during the tournament or your guranateed lower placing every tournament, since only those two are optional in this situation.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Really? Guess she goes back with Sheik in the characters who can't really punish a rest well.

And that round robin system looks pretty good so long as people play their matches in some sort of reasonable time frame.
Yeah it sucks. :-(

There's only a few more sets and it seems a lot easier to use station manager with (since you could just call them out as an entire pool), so it shouldn't be too bad. :D

anyone smash this week? Im free most days and I can travel anywhere in london
You can come over if you want o.o

I like the Losers Bracket system, according to the thread it will only approxamitely take up like one extra set each round which is worth it IMO.

But yeah I hope we have enough time to do it this monthly with the extra TV's and such and hopefully no J3ly 15 Minute Weed breaks.
Yeah lol, you play 3 sets instead of 1 but you also advance two rounds at once so I'm thinking it should be ok.

well, say if we start asap.. literally people have to be there on time then we can get it done easily

I might chuck everyone out as soon as we get everything set up and get the laptops on
I think we should go in first and set up laptops then let people in afterwards.

I approve.
Cool. :)

VA

Smash Hero
Great prof.funnily enough i dont even care about placing,i doubt it can be much worse than me getting 3rd with peach playing at 50 percent of my potential.id rather get 5th,play my best and have fun.x

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Playing at 50% of your potential with Peach and you still got 3rd.....son I was playing subconsciously and got 2nd, wait till I actually notice i'm playing.

But yeah, I look forward to seeing your sheik get *****

Hope you are finally happy with your choice of character in the long run instead of doing and Edwin and always complaining that he never played Fox or doing a Fuzzy and always switching....

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
robby its perfect cause I need shiek practise =) I hope your shiek becomes amazing

aside that anyone wanna play smash tomorrow/sunday cause I can travel anywhere in london?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
armada is has the most potential from the top 5

he should definitely win pound 5

hes played the best of the best and it comes to really close games they dont consistently rolll over 3-0 or whatever

if mew2king vs armada happens again i would want mew2king to win cause he has been slapped each time lol

but i still want armada to win the tourney lol

if they are in GF iwont say anything lol
loool Edwin could be in a predicament

Top Bottom