• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
My mum's kinda iffy already about 4 coming over (staying in my room :c) but next time I'll let you know early on so you can have a spot.

j3ly

Smash Champion
fine, ill call you in the morning to see if jude has flaked. if not until next time alex's mother.

Jolteon

Yeah that's perfectly reasonable, you're free to come if he does flake which is kinda likely now that I think about it. =_=

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
my techskill is horrible right now, dunno how to describe it in english...you know when your hearing gets bad when a plane is taking off and you have to hold your nose and blow in order to even out airpressure? I got that when I was cleaning my ear, took a day before it went away (wax dissolving ftw) and since that I can't even wavedash properly, and my ear is slightly more sensitive to sounds >.<
loool Hearing problems = Wavedashing difficulties :confused:

You better step it up

i have something like that, but permanently XD
Get *****....by nature

My mum's kinda iffy already about 4 coming over (staying in my room :c) but next time I'll let you know early on so you can have a spot.
Take the hint j3ly, you're not wanted at his house....thanks Jolteon for making it obvious :)

Been practicing my tech skill and learning the percentages which characters die on U-smash and trying to memorize but have to learn the U-throw > Uair percentages

Peach U-smash DI'D to death

FD - 94%
FoD - 97%
PS - 92%
YS - 85%
BF - 96%
Dreamland - 108% :(

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Fuzzyness : your hosting sat ??

also is prof the best player now lol did smashgt4 get recorded hahahha

i couldnt see any videos on the tube but i saw a post ago saying it was **** lol

dont blame whoever it was i wouldnt want it recorded with a passion

Jolteon

Good ****, I've been learning the usmash KO percentages for Sheik after watching KK get so many at RoM.

@Hugo: ok, cool.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fuzzyness : your hosting sat ??

also is prof the best player now lol did smashgt4 get recorded hahahha

i couldnt see any videos on the tube but i saw a post ago saying it was **** lol

dont blame whoever it was i wouldnt want it recorded with a passion
Yeah it was disgusting ****....like not even close so im undoubtably and undebatably in every type of situation possible to bring up the best in the UK.

I destroyed everyone at GT4 and people were like 'ARGH SNAP IS DAT PROF' and then my crew members weren't even suprized cos they were like 'This is how Prof normally ***** what do you expect' and then I will out the venue in a cool slow motion way with my crew behind me and there was smoke and steam blowing in our hair after the deed was done.

yeah pretty much
but then again...i can see over shop counters and be at eye level to others, so i guess it evens out in the end
Well.....I..............FUCKKKK YOU

Good comeback though loool....it gets the Prof Seal of Approval which is better then getting a blowjob by Fuzzy.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
FIRST OOC VID, it's really shuddery though, def gonna sort that out before we start uploading loads of videos and such....any advice on programs to use since we are using Windows Movie Maker to record it.

BUT atleast people get to see that i'm trying to upgrade on my unneeded cloud tricks =] still more to come in the near future lol

9:12
9:40
9:50
10:10

All great but a higher amount of unnecessariness is needed, im not satisfied :urg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEc52n7TqZ0

VA

Smash Hero
The upsmash difference is so small lol
between ntsc and pal?

That is a very very very.........wrong statement?

Usmash in NTSC has a mothertrucking tipper. Which if you hit is like at least as powerful uncharged as the fully charged PAL usmash. Have you not watched Kirbykaze vs PP?

I've been playing NTSC a lot recently and sheik is de-sgus-tiiiiiiiiing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well.....I..............****KKK YOU

Good comeback though loool....it gets the Prof Seal of Approval which is better then getting a blowjob by Fuzzy.
awsm, i dont fancy a jewish blowjob anyway, would cost tons
sheik is the easiest character to use in melee, discuss...

Jolteon

between ntsc and pal?

That is a very very very.........wrong statement?

Usmash in NTSC has a mothertrucking tipper. Which if you hit is like at least as powerful uncharged as the fully charged PAL usmash. Have you not watched Kirbykaze vs PP?

I've been playing NTSC a lot recently and sheik is de-sgus-tiiiiiiiiing.
PAL usmash has a tipper too. @@

And yeah I referred to that set in an earlier post :|

VA

Smash Hero
Well pretty sure it is, was watching KK vs PP again this morning and falco died on 99% off the top because of a tipper usmash. It was from the top platform but still I don't think you'd see that in PAL. Pretty sure usmash in NTSC is way better.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
prof: video editin depends on how professional u wanna go not 2 pro but better then movie maker sony vegas most pro adobe after effects hope that helps
I'll try and get Dujuan to download Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects but I hope it actually stops it from going like how it was after that...

What program does everyonelse use to Record Vids.....Robby, Tamoo, Charles, Frugs etc...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well pretty sure it is, was watching KK vs PP again this morning and falco died on 99% off the top because of a tipper usmash. It was from the top platform but still I don't think you'd see that in PAL. Pretty sure usmash in NTSC is way better.
I think you would see falco die around the same percent on PAL, the tipper bit is pretty strong in PAL as well, if there is a difference there honestly isn't THAT much, not even close to like Fox's U-Smash difference.

VA

Smash Hero
not much to substantiate that really.

But whatever, I don't really care I just thought it was ridiculously better since playing NTSC.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well to confirm are just try it out later, but when I was watching the matches myself I wasn't like 'OHHH it's soooo strong' because i've seen it kill like that on Pal before.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I use something called showbiz DVD 2 to record and as of recently, vegas pro 10 to edit, although showbiz DVD 2 edits aswell, just wanted something nicer

And it's pretty easy to get for free rather than pay extortionately for

Jolteon

this

unless the pal tipper is weaker, dunno about that =)
NTSC tipper does 17%, PAL's does 16%, the kb difference is small too.

I think it would have done the same in PAL. Anyway, it is stronger, but my main point is this:

If there is a difference there honestly isn't THAT much, not even close to like Fox's U-Smash difference.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
See...I KNEWWW it wasn't that much difference, and when Professor Pro knows.....HE KNOWS!!!

Anyway Jolteon baby you're still doing the thing 2moro right at yours, what time should I try to be there (I say try because you know what im like lol) and also whoelse is looking to come to this, I don't care if it's just me as I dont mind playing you baby but i'm just curious.

smakis

Smash Ace
guess I got an answer to my messy techskill, it's not only my cstick that is ****ed up, my r trigger is aswell (and possibly the l trigger). Been playing mostly falco since gt4 and decided to try to play as fast as possible with ICs, and noticed I would randomly roll/shield after l cancels and when mixing dashdancing into wavedashes. Tried playing with my other controller that has a sucky stick (well, mostly just noisy) and the problems I have been experiencing mostly went away. Seems like the springs are getting bad. I guess that's what you get when you press the r trigger 15 times per second lol.

I like my controller =(, waiting for my triwing to arrive, gonna try and mix the controllers together lol, if that doesn't work I guess I will have to buy a new one =/.

random but would the above count as controller modding? I'm only replacing parts with other original parts.

Jolteon

If anything I'd just class it as maintainence, I don't think any of my GC pads have all their original buttons anyway.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Alex, I can pretty much confirm I'm coming, but is this going to be a sleepover? I might not be able to make it till like 4/5

Jolteon

Thanks for coming Aaron+Hugo, I had a good time and I got to try out some stuff I'd been theorising about. ^^

Elliot/Jude:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Thanks for coming Aaron+Hugo, I had a good time and I got to try out some stuff I'd been theorising about. ^^

Elliot/Jude:
joke is copyright of andy XD
also, high possibility of hosting a tournament in february in east anglia (thetford to be precise) should i bother with melee or not?

Top Bottom