• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Themed Wedding?

TheRetepV

Smash Rookie
Hello,

So long story short, me and my boyfriend are getting married in a year and we were tossing around wedding ideas. At one point the idea of a Smash Bros themed wedding came up. I’m not sure we’ll do it, but I do think it’s at least a neat idea. It is the first game we bonded over, we did a doubles run at a tournament a while back, we play it a lot and love to do so.

So I pose to you all, if you were to design a smash themed wedding, how would you?

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
Gamecube controller themed cake would be essential, its like the symbol of what Smash Brothers is. A Smash Player's best friend.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Everyone brings their 3DS for StreetPass obligations.
The bouquet thrown is a fire flower.
The bride(s)/groom(s) are both dressed as their fiance's waifu/husbando.
I'm drawing a blank on music for the bride to walk down the aisle to. Maybe something from Zelda?
The cake looks like the cake Peach gives mario at the end of Super Mario 64.
The DK rap plays at some point at the reception.
The bridesmaid and best man are in fire emblem cosplay. The person performing the ceremony is dressed up as Ganondorf.
The Leffen Vs. Chillin fight is playing on repeat at low volume on a plugged-in iphone in one of the bathrooms at the reception.
Any "dancer-of-ill-repute" at the Bachelor Party/Bachelorette party would just be ignored because everyone is too busy playing Smash.
One of the dishes served at the reception is roast duck.
Everyone except the person dressed as Charizard stays far away from the Dr. Manhatten-lookin' dude, especially if he has pretty wings.
The wedding crasher is easily caught because he's dressed up as Walui... oh god, that's actually Waluigi. what the hell--?

Edit: I doubt they'd let you due to zoning laws, but if you have the ceremony on the moon, that'd make a very cute reference to the very recent mario game that came out. I am of course referring to Hotel Mario.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You're not supposed to Smash until after the wedding

Top Bottom