• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Smash The Record 2017

Smash The Record 2017
Posted by RagingCherry
Ontario Convention Center
Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT AT SMASH.GG/STR!

Smash The Record returns for a fourth year as the Super Smash Bros. & Speedrunning marathon event to look forward to! The event's home has now moved to Ontario, California (SoCal)! The event will take place over the course of four days this year! We have a few announcements about STR coming soon, so please stay tuned as you will not want to miss out!

The first 250 registrants will receive a free St. Jude sling bag!

For those unfamiliar with Smash The Record, it is a marathon video game event that puts professional gamers and fans in an environment where everyone can 'take a break' from serious tournaments. Filled with unique donation incentives, 24/7 broadcast content, and wacky side events (such as a Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament and 'Pros vs. The Baddies'), Smash The Record is a great place to go and enjoy yourself outside of the intense gaming events.

EVENT TRAILER

• STR Supports St. Jude PLAY LIVE
  • St. Jude PLAY LIVE is a video game initiative supporting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital out in Memphis, TN. Since 2014, Smash The Record has raised over $115,000 for St. Jude! You can stay updated with other events by following St. Jude PLAY LIVE on Twitter!

SPEEDRUNNING INFO

• SUBMIT RUNS HERE
  • CURRENT SUBMISSION LIST
  • You may submit up to ten (10) runs for the event
  • May 18th @ 12 PM Pacific - Submissions Live
  • June 4th @ 11:59 PM Pacific - Submissions Close
  • June 5th-June 11th Pacific - Review Period
  • June 12th @ 12 PM Pacific - Posting of Accepted / Denied Runs
  • July 17th @ 12 PM Pacific - Schedule Announced
  • If your run is approved for the event, you will be refunded the event venue fee
    • However, if you wish to enter the Smash Bros. tournaments, you will need to pay the event entry fees of $5 each to enter.

Registration Information & Tiers
  • Early-Bird Registration ($40): May 14th - July 19th (11:59 PM Pacific)
  • Late Registration ($50): July 20th - August 24th (11:59 PM Pacific)
  • At-Door Spectator Pass ($60)
  • Be sure to register before we hit registration caps for doubles events (128 teams per event)!
  • Side event registration will be taken throughout the duration of the event!
  • All event fees ($5 for Smash games, $3 for Rock-Paper-Scissors) will get donated directly to St. Jude!

Event Schedule
  • Smash Bros.
  • Thursday: "Day 0" filled with side events to start off the stream
  • Friday: Melee & Smash 4 doubles
  • Saturday: Smash singles (pools)
  • Sunday: Finals for singles events & major side events
  • Speedrunning
  • Thursday-Sunday (times TBD): Speedruns will take place over the course of four days

Booking Flights
  • The Ontario International Airport (ONT airport code) is the closest airport to the venue, which includes free shuttles to and from the DoubleTree.
  • NOTE that booking flights to LAX may be cheaper but will put you ~55 miles away from the venue
  • The venue is the same place as Paragon Los Angeles 2015 (just different room), so if you attended Paragon, you'll be familiar with travel/transportation options.

Hotel Information
  • Book Your Room Here!
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
  • 222 N Vineyard Ave, Ontario, CA 91764
  • Book by August 14th to reserve your room!
  • Rates from 134.00 USD/Night!
  • The DoubleTree is right next door to the Convention Center!

OFFICIAL EVENT STREAMS

Smash.gg Shop coming July 19th!

#STR2014 = $13,932 raised for St. Jude!
#STR2015 = $50,637 raised for St. Jude!
#STR2016 = $51,273 raised for St. Jude!
#STR2017 = $???

Be sure to follow the event below!

Discord
STR Twitter
Cherry's Twitter
Twitch
YouTube

cherry@smashtherecord.com

There will be no refunds once registered

wolfy the tall

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wolfydelang
3DS FC
2406-5855-2534
[calendar]3483[/calendar]
Hello my name is Wolfy, I was thinking about coming to this event and I have a couple of questions.
First, where do I resister for the event? I don't know if I have to resister online or in person. Next, how is the parking there? I need to make sure that I have somewhere to park. Finally, since I live about a half an hour away from Ontario, is it fine if I can come and go whenever I can? For example, let's say if I feel tired and I drive back home, could I still get in the event afterwards?

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Hello my name is Wolfy, I was thinking about coming to this event and I have a couple of questions.
First, where do I resister for the event? I don't know if I have to resister online or in person. Next, how is the parking there? I need to make sure that I have somewhere to park. Finally, since I live about a half an hour away from Ontario, is it fine if I can come and go whenever I can? For example, let's say if I feel tired and I drive back home, could I still get in the event afterwards?

Hey Wolfy!

smash.gg/str is to register online! Parking is free if you stay at the Double Tree, else I believe it is $10/day at the convention center. You can come/go as you please, though I am unsure on the parking policy of the convention center.

wolfy the tall

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wolfydelang
3DS FC
2406-5855-2534
Hey Wolfy!

smash.gg/str is to register online! Parking is free if you stay at the Double Tree, else I believe it is $10/day at the convention center. You can come/go as you please, though I am unsure on the parking policy of the convention center.
Thank you, sorry it took me so long to respond I have been busy these last few weeks. Also do you know any other smash tournaments in Southern California? I moved here a while ago, so I am not sure where there are tournaments here.

Top Bottom