• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Wario

Wario Speculation.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

The Wario franchise is interesting because it's of two minds - to give attention to WarioWare and Wario Land. Only Wario has appeared as a playable character, making his debut in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The series had one stage in Brawl, and one in each version of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

So, what can we expect this time?

Returning Characters

There's a 0.1% chance that Wario gets cut for some reason.

New Characters

If we do see a new character, it'll most likely be Mona or even any of the other WarioWare characters. While Captain Syrup would be nice, too, the focus for Wario in Smash has mostly been on WarioWare. It's doubtful we'll see any other character since Wario does a good job representing the franchise on his own. There's definitely neat ideas in this series for characters, and there's even Waluigi, but it's doubtful they'll make a playable appearance.

Returning Stages

We could possibly see WarioWare, Inc. return.

New Stages

Anything from WarioWare would be likely. Wario World and Wario Land would be nice to see, but highly unlikely.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the
Wario franchise? What Wario related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I can genuinely see Ashley being the likeliest choice because of her mega popularity in Japan and plus, she's a well-known Wario character that gets requested fairly often.

In all honesty, I can really only see Wario just coming back. I'd love if his move set was more inspired by non-WarioWare games though, like they kinda had in Project M. If anyone from the Wario series did get in though, it would likely be Ashley (even if her moveset was likely all made up).

Even then, I could see her move set based on timing magical attacks just right for extra damage and/or a different sort of puppeteer character where she sends her little red devil to certain areas to be sort of a time bomb nuisance. Maybe if, for some reason, there's any focus on team battles, then maybe she could buff her allies with spells, I 'uno.

Last edited:
I love these quick little articles but a little more substance would be great; even in smaller franchises. It would be nice if the articles could not only touch on characters and stages but potential assist trophies, collectible trophies, items, music, masterpieces, etc. Potential new music track additions would be awesome for game music lovers like me!

New Characters

If we do see a new character, it'll most likely be Mona or even any of the other WarioWare characters. While Captain Syrup would be nice, too, the focus for Wario in Smash has mostly been on WarioWare. It's doubtful we'll see any other character since Wario does a good job representing the franchise on his own. There's definitely neat ideas in this series for characters, and there's even Waluigi, but it's doubtful they'll make a playable appearance.
Mona, that's what I'm talking about. We will no longer suffer the inferior witchling. Mona's been in the series from the start and she perfectly represents the quirky humor of the series, unlike Ashley who is just a loli bait curmudgeon.

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of micro games they might possibly use for a moveset there are a whole lot you can choose from.

No matter the micro game this would make the character one of the most fun characters in the game just from the quirky nature of the game.

The Super Smash Bros. series features all sorts of Nintendo franchises. 9-Volt claims to be WarioWare's biggest Nintendo fan. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned here yet. 9-Volt, I think, has the best potential to have attacks based on the microgames, plus his "Gamer" room is a stage in the Wii U version where his mom pops out to make sure nothing suspicious is going on.

Top Bottom