• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Punch-Out!!

Punch-Out spec.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

Punch-Out!! had its first form of representation in Smash in the form of an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, Little Mac became a playable character, with a single stage of his own.

Returning Characters

Little Mac will probably make a return.

New Characters

Doc Louis? Glass Joe? Sandman? Honestly, an assist trophy feels more likely than any of them.

Returning Stages

The Boxing Ring feels like a likely stage to return.
New Stages

If the Boxing Ring doesn't return, probably another boxing ring or a training room in some form.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the Punch-Out!! franchise? What Punch-Out!! related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Boxing Ring and Training Room...or the bike

Leave Mac and Louis how they are

Make the other boxers be apart of Smash Run or some sort of boss rush

Might sound really dumb but I'd like to see Soda Popinski as a playable character. We lack this sort of buff stupid drunk villain that should be present in smash and I feel like he fits that very well tbh

I like how little mac is now.

Boxing Ring and Training Room...or the bike

Leave Mac and Louis how they are

Make the other boxers be apart of Smash Run or some sort of boss rush
Honestly, I'm surprised Sandman didn't make an appearance at all, given his presence in the Punch-Out!! series. I would love to see him as an assist, and/or as a boss encounter in Smash run. Same for some of the other notable boxers. Great Tiger teleporting in Smash Run would be tight as all get out.

Honestly, I'm surprised Sandman didn't make an appearance at all, given his presence in the Punch-Out!! series. I would love to see him as an assist, and/or as a boss encounter in Smash run. Same for some of the other notable boxers. Great Tiger teleporting in Smash Run would be tight as all get out.
I would be honored if Glass Joe were to KO me

For shame! How can you all talk about Punch-Out!! and not have King Hippo has a possible assist trophy! He could be like a heavier slower Knuckle Joe who you could punch till his pants fall down!

Top Bottom