• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Pikmin

Pikmin Specu.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

The Pikmin franchise has been a part of Smash since Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and was really the number one new series everyone was guessing was going to be added during that time. Olimar is the only character from that series, but he has Alph as an alternate costume in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

Returning Characters

Olimar will probably return. I'd be really shocked if we don't see that happen.

New Characters

Louie feels more like alternate costume material, similar to Alph, than his own character, but it's still a possibility - beyond that, there's nobody else that seems to have much of a chance.

Returning Stages

Garden of Hope is a stage that looks pretty likely and could easily fit well.

New Stages

Something from Pikmin 3, the possible (but not yet released) Pikmin 4, or Hey, Pikmin. Personally, I think an underground stage would be neat.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the Pikmin franchise? What Pikmin related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Speaking of Pikmin, I'm hoping Pikmin 1&2 get ported to the 3DS, just how Luigi's Mansion 1 got ported. I'm also hoping for a Switch port of Pikmin 3. I never got the chance to play the first two games, which in turn is why I never bought Pikmin 3.

I'm hoping Olimar can hold six Pikmin again, I liked having six as an option, maybe add the Rock Pikmin as another heavy option so there's two light Pikmin, two medium Pikmin, and two heavy Pikmin you can cycle through.

Alph could join the clone gang, and hopefully Louie becomes an alt in Olimar, and the two others for Alph, would be great.

I

I don't. Even Sakurai knows he was the hero of Pikmin 3.
Alph has less to offer than someone like Louie does, who has many more pikmin at his disposal than Alph, as well as a personality that is much more different from olimar than Alph's, whose is really just the same as olimar. Louie also had a cliffhanger set up for him to lead into Pikmin 4.
Also, Sakurai most likely added Alph over any other character solely because he didn't know Olimar and Louie were even in Pikmin 3. Both of them were kept secret about being in the game until it released.

Last edited:
Alph has less to offer than someone like Louie does, who has many more pikmin at his disposal than Alph, as well as a personality that is much more different from olimar than Alph's, whose is really just the same as olimar. Louie also had a cliffhanger set up for him to lead into Pikmin 4.
Also, Sakurai most likely added Alph over any other character solely because he didn't know Olimar and Louie were even in Pikmin 3. Both of them were kept secret about being in the game until it released.
No. Surely Sakurai had insider info on the game; it was in development for years. Even then, while I do agree that Louie's personality is on another level, primary protagonists should take priority.

Also, Olimar and Alph definitely have the closest proportions, but they're definitely not alike personality wise.

No. Surely Sakurai had insider info on the game; it was in development for years. Even then, while I do agree that Louie's personality is on another level, primary protagonists should take priority.

Also, Olimar and Alph definitely have the closest proportions, but they're definitely not alike personality wise.
Louie is a primary protagonist, and while Alph's personality may be slightly different in the games, Smash's watered down version of Olimar is identical to Alph's personality. Their taunts are interchangeable, whereas Louie's would be much more whimsical and frantic. Louie also has much more seniority in the series and holds a great deal of importance to the series, playable and nonplayable.

Last edited:
Louie is a primary protagonist, and while Alph's personality may be slightly different in the games, Smash's watered down version of Olimar is identical to Alph's personality. Their taunts are interchangeable, whereas Louie's would be much more whimsical and frantic. Louie also has much more seniority in the series and holds a great deal of importance to the series, playable and nonplayable.
So a middle aged courier is the same as a young engineer?

I think that puts your argument into perspective.

Top Bottom