• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Kirby

Kirby Speculation.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

The Kirby Series is one of Nintendo's biggest series - It's been a fight to be modest, considering HAL and Sakurai's involvement with Kirby, but, Kirby is a beloved franchise. In Smash 64, Kirby was the only character, and the series had only one stage. In Melee, Dreamland returned and the series gained two more stages. In Brawl, the series gained two more characters and had two stages. While the series didn't gain any new characters in Smash 3DS/Wii U, it had one new stage in each version and two returning stages.

So, what can we expect this time?

Returning Characters
There's a 0.1% chance Kirby and King Dedede won't make it back. Meta Knight has a slightly higher chance of getting cut (like, .2%), but it's still negligible.

New Characters
If anything does happen, eyes are on Waddle Dee and three other popular characters; Marx, Daroach, and Magolor. The tough sell with Waddle Dee is he's a species character, similar to Toad - that doesn't mean it's impossible, but other characters shouldn't be ignored, especially after surprises like Rosalina's appearance in Smash 3DS/Wii U. Of the other three characters, Daroach and Marx have better chances than Magolor - Daroach because he's had two major appearances, Marx because of the popularity of Kirby Super Star. It's anyone's guess, but narrowing it down to these four does make it a little bit easier. Really though, any additional character for Kirby is just icing on the shortcake. Anything beyond one newcomer for Kirby would be excessive, but not impossible.

Returning Stages
Dreamland (64) and Halberd are both very possible. I don't see the Great Cave Offensive returning if 8 Player Smash doesn't return.

New Stages
Anything from Kirby Star Allies is possible - Though Kirby has always had a difficult relationship with Smash promoting newer games.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the Kirby franchise? What Kirby related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I really hope Kirby is better in Smash 5 than in 4. I'd be happy with about Brawl-level goodness. (Excluding comparison to Meta Knight)

There's a severe lack of the word "Bandana" in this topic. He's no ordinary Waddle Dee

But I'm glad to see Daroach get a mention. Even though his return near, I fear Squeak Squad and Mass Attack are just too old at this point. And I doubt Star Allies dream friends will influence anything.

Top Bottom