• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Ice Climbers

iceclimber.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

The Ice Climbers are interesting - made their debut in Super Smash Bros. Melee and had one stage, reappeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with one new stage, only to get cut from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U due to hardware limitations, though several references are made to them.

So, how about this time?

Returning Characters

It really depends - The Switch can definitely handle them in a 4-player match, but what about 8-Player Smash, should it return? I think the Ice Climbers will return if it's possible from a technical standpoint - my guess is they'll probably be fine.

New Characters

Uh... the Polar Bear? It would be hilarious, but that's probably a no. We'll be fortunate enough to get the Ice Climbers, but it's a funny thought.

Returning Stages

If an older stage returns, Summit from Brawl is most likely.
New Stages

Something that looks more like the Ice Climber NES game is my only guess

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the Ice Climbers? What Ice Climbers related content would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I think/hope they'll be back.
I need my favorite Lil Seal Clubbin' ****** Duo!
That way I can satisfy my sadistic urges by wobbling people until they cry <3

Ancient Satanic ****** Ritual:

:GCX:+:GCZ:
:GCA:
:GCD:(hold) + :GCA: (tap at 200 bpm until the heat death of the universe)

Last edited:
Top Bottom