• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Speculation Chart (UPDATES DESPERATELY NEEDED; AEM MISSING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This thread is a revival of this old thread that was run by me and AEMehr AEMehr back when Smash 4 was fresh.
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-speculation-chart-we-update-now.334369/

Basically, this thread will include charts (set up by AEM) for potential characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
They will be updated as news about Smash pop up or when news about potential character options becomes available.

These charts will include every character that is featured in Smash Wii U/3DS, as well as a few commonly discussed options for the future (and some not-so common based on our own speculation). These charts are not final and people are free to discuss who they feel are "missing"; they will be up for consideration on regular updates.

Mario and Co.

PLANNED UPDATES:
-K. Rool confirmed
-Ashley disconfirmed (seen as an Assist)
-Captain Toad disconfirmed (seen on New Donk City Hall)
-Toadette disconfirmed (dependent on Toad/Captain Toad)

Famicom Disk System Franchises

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Separate Zelda characters into their own chart
-Add BotW Zelda as possible Zelda alt (something loz18 said in the initial pre-E3 leak)
-Add Skull Kid
-Add Impa
-Add Hilda
-Add Toon Zelda
-Add the Champions

-Add Dark Samus, who had been confirmed
-Add Medusa (semi-common Echo subject)

Famicom/NES Franchises

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Separate the Fire Emblem characters into their own chart
-Add Chrom, who has been confirmed
-Add Black Knight
-Replace the FE Switch Protagonist slot with slots for Byleth and Edelgard now that Three Houses had been revealed

-Add Ninten

Kirby

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Update artwork for Adeleine (& Ribbon), DMK, and Daroach
-Remove Taranza
-Remove Suzie
-Remove the Mages
-Highlight Galacta Knight in yellow due to possible disconfirmation

Handheld Franchises

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Nikki disconfirmed
-Add Isaac

Console Franchises

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Isabelle confirmed
-Highlight Lip in yellow due to possible disconfirmation
-Add Black Shadow
-Add Octoling Girl/Boy

Pokémon

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Mimikyu disconfirmed
-Add Gengar
-Add Sceptile
-Add Gardevoir
-Add Gothitelle
-Add Buzzwole
-Add Tapu Koko
-Add Magearna

Third-Party Characters

PLANNED UPDATES:
-Rearrange in order of company/theme
-Simon confirmed
-Add Richter, who was confirmed
-Shovel Knight disconfirmed
-Add Ken
-Add Dante
-Add Monster Hunter
-Add Phoenix Wright
-Add Shadow
-Add Segata Sanshiro
-Add Lloyd
-Add Anges
-Add Spyro
-Add Shantae
-Add Sans

-Characters with a red background signify costume/alt options (may change later to just be standard blue)
-Characters that are highlighted in red are disconfirmed via appearance other than playable role.
-Characters with half gold, half blue backgrounds are confirmed fighters, including alts.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This thread is a revival of this old thread that was run by me and AEMehr AEMehr back when Smash 4 was fresh.
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-speculation-chart-we-update-now.334369/

Basically, this thread will include charts (set up by AEM) for potential characters for a Switch release, both port of Smash 4 or a new title.
They will be updated as news about Smash pop up or when news about potential character options becomes available.

These charts will include every character that is featured in Smash Wii U/3DS, as well as a few commonly discussed options for the future (and some not-so common based on our own speculation). These charts are not final and people are free to discuss who they feel are "missing"; they will be up for consideration on an update (though not until at least all the default charts are finished).

We are still deciding on the layout of certain charts, but for now, we have one ready as a proof of concept.

Mario and Co.

(NOTE: Before anyone says anything, Captain Toad and Toadette are counted under their non-Captain counterparts; we wanted to keep the chart as even and aesthetically tidy possible, with the Koopalings sharing one spot being a prime example.)

-Characters with a red background signify costumes

-OTHER CHARTS IN PROGRESS-
Cool that someone added Funky Kong and many other nice characters!
Editing in process
I think you got all of the good ones at this point I think.

D

Deleted member

Cool that someone added Funky Kong and many other nice characters!
You should add Captain Toad in the roster, but that is your choice.
(NOTE: Before anyone says anything, Captain Toad and Toadette are counted under their non-Captain counterparts; we wanted to keep the chart as even and aesthetically tidy possible, with the Koopalings sharing one spot being a prime example.)

D

Deleted member

:facepalm:
My apologies.
How about you add Kamek, or is that for Yoshi?
Maybe Nabbit? Nabbit has been quite popular during the Wii U times and I can imagine it being used more in Mario games.

D

Deleted member

:facepalm:
My apologies.
How about you add Kamek, or is that for Yoshi?
Maybe Nabbit? Nabbit has been quite popular during the Wii U times and I can imagine it being used more in Mario games.
These charts are not final and people are free to discuss who they feel are "missing"; they will be up for consideration on an update (though not until at least all the default charts are finished).
And already the defaults are going to be shaken up thanks to today's Direct.

SmashMaster02

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7731-7496-2991
Hope my girl Lucina returns along with my other SSB4 mains! :4lucina::4kirby::4dedede::4pacman:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would hate it, but realistically I could see DK Jr being added as the next DK rep. I could not see Funky being added before several other characters.

Also... Boo. Or King Boo. Or just Boo, a second wave Mario amiibo who has been playable frequently.
He and Petey both seem more reasonable than Dry Bowser, particularly if the Koopalings are not separated from Bowser Jr.

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
Akuma from Street Fighter would be cool as hell, but Smash will die out before that happens.

I also want Funky Kong :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess Ayumi has the edge over fellow Japan only characters like Donbe & Hikari and Prince Sable for being a Melee consideration?

And yes, I am well aware that things are incomplete.

D

Deleted member

I guess Ayumi has the edge over fellow Japan only characters like Donbe & Hikari and Prince Sable for being a Melee consideration?

And yes, I am well aware that things are incomplete.
Yes.

But at the same time Prince Sable wouldn't be on the current chart she's on anyway. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I’ve speculation charts Golden, especially the Pokémon one.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Impa, Tingle and Midna are fairly often discussed Zelda characters.
I believe Lana has some support too as well as the BotW champions. Are they eligible for inclusion?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If Revali is not considered, I riot.
He fits the unique role as a bow-based character and joins Pit, Dark Pit, Kirby, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Ridley, and to a lesser extent, Charizard and Dedede, as a flight-based character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He fits the unique role as a bow-based character and joins Pit, Dark Pit, Kirby, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Ridley, and to a lesser extent, Charizard and Dedede, as a flight-based character.
Decidueye could fill that niche as well, and it's probably more likely (although I think people are seriously overesimating its chances).

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Impa, Tingle and Midna are fairly often discussed Zelda characters.
I believe Lana has some support too as well as the BotW champions. Are they eligible for inclusion?
I see merit to add Impa, and to a lesser extent Tingle I guess. The other characters are a bit too minuscule in the overall Zelda timeline. Though they may be popular within their own game, they've only marked on major appearance in the core Zelda franchise. Also, in this upcoming iteration of Smash, it seems like Twilight Princess will no longer be the main title focused for the Zelda fighters. Which does hurt Midna's chances a bit.

Impa shows up a lot, but the role isn't consistent, so it's kinda hard to feel like you ought to use her. Because she's very rarely anything more than a wise adviser of some sort, and the Zelda team likes Tingle but acknowledges that many fans very much do not. Those two are kind of a toss up thinking if they would realistically be considered in the first place.

Though, while she's not Lana, I know Aonuma has definitely said stuff regarding Linkle maybe being part of a future main Zelda title somewhere. Her popularity as concept art was enough to get Koei-Tecmo to make her a real thing in Legends, maybe she's got the following to be fighter worthy? Could be something to consider.
- - -
If we'd add Revali we'd have to add the other three too. Objectively there really isn't anything that puts one over the other. Stated before this character concept is also naturally built into another potential fighter, Decidueye (and to a lesser extent Linkle, being a mobile archer of sorts).

I mean hey, if we're wrong and he gets in you can make fun of Golden and myself I guess.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I would argue that all Champions are viable options, with Urbosa being slightly less likely, as she's humanoid. Revali, Mipha, and Daruk are all representatives of recurring species in Zelda, and I honestly hope that they become recurring characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah man I loved this old thread.

I got suggestions for additions but this is a great start.

Really looking forward to it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah the good times with the Smash 4 charts.

I'll put my vote in for adding Ivysaur, Squirtle and Pokemon Trainer back to the Pokemon listing.

My personal hope is that all 3 return and can be swapped between or used solo but outside of that, the old vets will always be requested. Even Pichu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New chart added.

We were going to add Kirby to that chart, but we're keeping Kirby separate for....reasons....

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, would it be possible to add the Tap Trial Girl/Ms. Rhythm from Rhythm Heaven onto the Handheld list?

TB2

Smash Rookie
i just need :4lucario: in SSb5 so i can :GCB:/:GCR::GCB:/ and :GCCR: people´s ass xD

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Say, would it be possible to add the Tap Trial Girl/Ms. Rhythm from Rhythm Heaven onto the Handheld list?
I would be completely fine with Ms. Rhythm on the chart. The Rhythm Heaven series is kinda hard to guess for fighters.
- - - - -
I don't understand the purpose of this thread.
It was a fun thing during the smash wii u / 3ds development cycle where we put characters on a list and saw which ones got in.

Though at the time there was much discussion going on regarding who / what got in. There's like none this time so characters are kinda decided based off of timing / trends.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
So it's like a checklist that gets stickied because it's the opinions of the staff. Got it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So it's like a checklist that gets stickied because it's the opinions of the staff. Got it.
I mean I only make the graphic lol, that's it for the most part.

only thing I like actually big recommended for was nikki but i BELIEVE :drflip:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom