• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Release Date Guessing

When will Smash Switch be released?

• Total voters

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
Which month do you think smash for switch will be released? just curious as to see the time frame most ppl are thinking, guess the month or feel free to post whatever time frame you expect the switch smash bros game to be released and let us know why!

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
Probably around November - December or even in 2019, I don't really think we will get it in August - September to be honest.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Probably around November - December or even in 2019, I don't really think we will get it in August - September to be honest.
Even though the Nintendo Online Service comes up on September which would've been a good time for SSB5.

Polan

Smash Lord
November, right around Black Friday for maximum sales. The Nintendo online service will likely launch with another game (probably whatever Retro is working on or some unknown game that will be revealed at E3.)

Last edited:

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
Even though the Nintendo Online Service comes up on September which would've been a good time for SSB5.
Oh, that's true! But I'm still going for November due to being just a little bit closer to Holidays-marketing.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Late September - October for me. But it's not like I'll be disappointed to see it come out in November...or December.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing September(Because that's the time where Smash 3DS released and the Nintendo Switch's online services will launch around that time) or early-December just in time before Christmas.

xzx

Smash Lord
September. I think Nintendo is smart enough to release a big, killer game that has online at that time. It's hard to think of another game than Smash Switch at this point. That game will definitely rake in the most paid online subscriptions for Nintendo.

I think they are saving Pokémon Switch for the holidays, through it wouldn't surprise me if that get delayed to 2019 instead.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Based on the amount of time it's probably been in development (at least a year and a half, two years tops, fairly average dev cycles compared to the other games), and the fact that it wasn't announced until after Smash Wii U was confirmed for Evo (the folks in charge usually work with publishers when it comes to the game lineup), I think that, if it's a brand new game, it won't release any earlier than the week after Evo. If it's a remake, I can see it being released earlier - say, around E3, though I think a September release date is most likely.

kylexv

Smash Master
November 16. The Friday before Black Friday. Calling it now.

EDIT: Well, this ended up being Let's Go's release date, and I was 3 weeks off.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
My guess is going to be November. Makes perfect sense that Smash is gonna be their big holiday title for the year, just like how Smash 4 Wii U was their big title for the year.

Top Bottom