• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Most Wanted Veteran Bracket Challenge- GAME FINISHED. FINAL RESULTS POSTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Game 1: Samus
Game 2: Bowser
Game 3: Donkey Kong
Game 4: Kirby

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Why didn't my notifications alert me to anything after my Round 2 votes? Seriously, I missed Round 3 even though I had this thread in my watchlist. When I noticed that I haven't been updated to this bracket in days, I came here wondering if the bracket closed or something but it turns out I missed Round 3. Watchlist, you had one JOB!! Also, I'm not so surprised by Mario's loss because I thought he was a boring and overexposed character and Mewtwo is much cooler. And if the whole thing about the MCU being more successful than the DCEU taught me everything, iconic isn't everything to popularity.

Anyway, time to cast my votes.
Game 1: Samus. I love Zero Suit Samus and maybe there was a reason for Mewtwo getting cut from Brawl.
Game 2: Link. Good would always triumph over evil.
Game 3: Pikachu. I play more Pokémon games than Donkey Kong games and Ash's Pikachu had so many awesome moments in the anime.
Game 4: Kirby. He is way more OP than the Falcon Punch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mewtwo
Bowser
Pikachu
Kirby

Round three was really tough.
RIP Marth. :(

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Game 1: Mewtwo

Game 2: Bowser

Game 3: Donkey Kong

Game 4: Captain Falcon

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Sorry for the slight delay! VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!!! Results will be posted shortly.

Since we are getting to the end, I will post each match's results in a separate spoiler tag to increase suspense.

SAMUS WINS 7-9.
Surprisingly close match. I am pretty shocked Mewtwo managed to make it this far, although I did contribute to Mewtwo beating Mario.
LINK WINS 6-10.
Not surprised, although it only would have taken a few more votes in Bowser's column to tie it up though.
PIKACHU WINS 11-5.
Looks like the Dong is no longer Expanding!
CAPTAIN FALCON WINS 9-7.
Really close match and although I'm sad for Kirby, it was nice to see Falcon win (although barely).

Samus VS Link
Pikachu VS Captain Falcon

Only characters from SSB64 remain now. 3 starters and 1 unlockable (although they are all starters in Melee and 3DS/Wii U).

ROUND 5/SEMI-FINAL VOTING ENDS JUNE 8 AT 8 PM EASTERN.
Link.
Gotta go with the Hero of Hyrule! Personally rooting for him!

Pikachu.
Sorry for Falcon, but the mascot of Pokemon is more important to me than your Knee of Justice.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Game 1: Samus. She may not be in her Zero Suit, but I know that sexy lady is in that armor.
Game 2: Pikachu. Pikachu's SHAZAM attack is more awesome than a Falcon Punch and I know way more about Pokémon than F-Zero.

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Samus VS Link
This is honestly what I would consider a classic smash bros. match, who wouldn't want to see Link fight Samus? They're also both really fun to play as, but I think I'm gonna give this one to :samus64:
Pikachu VS Captain Falcon
At this point, Captain Falcon might as well be a Smash Bros. character, since he's appeared in more smash than f-zero in the last 15 years
Pikachu, on the other hand, is the mascot of h*ckin' pokemon
I'll give it to :pikachu64:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i'm not even mad that Mewtwo lost to Samus, she's rad and deserves a spot in the semifinals ^w^ besides, my #1 guy is still in the running.

on that note, this round i vote Link and Cap.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!!! Results will be posted shortly.

Link wins 5-6.
Very close match. I was genuinely worried for Link. I wonder how Mario would have fared.
Pikachu wins 7-4.
Not as close as the previous match, but a few more votes for Falcon could have flipped it.
Hopefully we get more voters for the finals!

Link VS Pikachu
Here we go! This is the ultimate matchup! Who will be the Most Wanted Veteran?
Samus VS Captain Falcon
That's not all! There will be another matchup going on for third place!

ROUND 6 VOTING ENDS JUNE 11 AT 8 PM EASTERN.

Link. He's much cooler than Pikachu
Samus. Close one, but I would have to give it to Samus.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Championship: Pikachu. I know way more about Pokémon.
Consolation: Captain Falcon. He can FALCON PUNCH a girl, right?

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Much more difficult choices this time. Both are pretty equal matchups for me. Looks like the results are close so far as well. My picks, though:
:4pikachu: & :4samus:
I've played Pikachu a lot in every Smash, while I've only more recently started to enjoy playing Link.

Attachments

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Both matches are super close right now! Less than 36 hours remain.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!!!! Results will be posted soon.

PIKACHU WINS 5-6.
Really close and although I was rooting for Link, I am happy for Pikachu. Pokemon definitely had an advantage with 10 reps!

CAPTAIN FALCON WINS 5-6.
Equally as close, but actually more surprising. I figured the main Metroid character would be more popular than F-Zero's main character. I guess almost nothing beats the Knee of Justice!

Congrats to our winners! This game is now over (right in time for Nintendo's E3 Direct)!

If I could change anything, I would probably have made it so that I (the game owner) only votes in the event of a tie. That would have made certain matches less stressful.

Either way, I enjoyed playing this game and I look forward to more games like this after Smash Switch releases! Thank you and enjoy E3!

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm surprised Pikachu won. I would not have predicted Pikachu to be a Top 2 or 3 contender from the start, to be honest.
Wish we had more retention from the newcomer brackets, but this was definitely fun! Thanks for running this, Super Flygon Super Flygon
Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news for some of the supported characters across all of the brackets. :)

Attachments

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Ironically, everyone in this bracket challenge was confirmed a day after the finals were completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom