• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Most Wanted Veteran Bracket Challenge- GAME FINISHED. FINAL RESULTS POSTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Smash Switch Most Wanted Veteran Bracket Challenge

Over in the Newcomer Speculation Section, there was a thread for two (now completed) Most Wanted Newcomer Brackets, which were for first party characters and then third party characters, started by Nimbostratus Nimbostratus . Since those brackets are completed, I have decided to do a Veterans Bracket, containing every character that has ever been playable in a Smash Bros. game!

Note: In the interest of time, I have just copy and pasted the rules from the Most Wanted Newcomer thread onto this one because the rules are essentially the same, with some minor adjustments.

Gameplay Rules:
* Choices are based solely on which character you want more. Which one you think is more likely to actually be in the game is not an aspect
EX: If a matchup is Corrin VS Mario and you personally want Corrin more, then feel free to vote for Corrin.
* Whenever I open a round of voting, I will give an approximate ending time. Once I post at that set time saying that the round is closed, no further votes will be counted. Do not edit posts at that point. I will then calculate which characters advanced and reveal when the new round will open. The length of the rounds will depend on how much interest this gets.
* If I do not post an update at the estimated time, DO NOT tally the votes yourself and start doing the new Round. I will not count any post that does this. I may be late, but I will take care of the maintenance. If I am late, you are allowed to continue voting until I post.
I don't think there should be much confusion, but I can add rules here as needed.

Etiquette Rules:
* It's not the end of the world if you do, but please don't post running tallies of scores during the round. It was agreed that this sucks out any tension. That said, feel free to do it just for yourself, or send me what you have so we can cross check
* Given the nature of the game, there's no getting around the fact that you are saying you like one character more than another. It is ok to say this in your post, but don't say anything that will inflame fans of the other character. For example, I'm fine with you saying, "I take Luigi over Mario because I think Luigi is hilarious, while Mario's characterization is a little thin." DO NOT say something along the lines of "I have no choice but to go with Luigi since the other plumber is a psychotic Communist."
* DO NOT criticize other people for their picks. I have very little leeway for this one. Just don't.
* You are allowed to be disappointed if your character does not advance, but please DO NOT spite the winner.
* Positions are final. Obviously no one else is going to completely agree, but part of the fun is getting to prove me wrong. I could have taken a poll and based it on that, but those people would probably also plan on playing the game, so there would be very few upsets.

I have attached the files for the first round brackets. I would like to point out that the Mii Fighters are all included together and Pokemon Trainer would be all 3 of his Pokemon with him (whereas I have also included his Pokemon separately).

Have fun!!

Championship Game: Pikachu!!

Consolation Game: Captain Falcon!! (3rd)

Attachments

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
1: Mario
2: Little Mac
3: Mewtwo! sorry Ness, love you buddy, but Mewtwo's always been my favorite Pokemon.
4: ROB
5: Lucario
6: uhhhhhh, Trainer
7: Samus
8: Sonic
9: Ike
10: Ganondorf, but it's tough
11: Pit
12: Yoshi
13: Fox
14: Zero Suit Samus
15: Bowser Jr... no strong opinion one way or the other tbh
16: Link, no contest. he's been my hero since i was seven.
17: Pikachu
18: Palutena, with all due respect to Bayo
19: Young Link - there's very little difference in my mind but i like Majora's Mask a little better than Wind Waker. (hey Sakurai, if you're listening could we get one as a skin for the other? thanks)
20: Charizard
21: Lucas - i love 'em both but i already voted against Ness and i can't do Earthbound dirty like that
22: Villager
23: Dedede
24: Wolf (fingers crossed for both of em to come back, though!)
25: Roy - my favorite of all the Fire Emblem options they've given us over the years!
26: Captain Falcon
27: ...you're cruel. but my answer is Sheik.
28: Snake. it feels a little disingenuous to vote against the one whose games i've actually played, but i find Snake more fun in Smash
29: Peach
30: Marth, same story as #28
31: Mega Man
32: Kirby, of course! love that guy <3

SonicMario

Smash Master
ALOT of these were hard choices. Though I suppose there really is no way to order them in a way there are less hard matchups simply because of most of these characters have been in multiple games.

Game 1: Luigi
Game 2: Little Mac
Game 3: Ness
Game 4: ROB
Game 5: Lucario
Game 6: Corrin
Game 7: Samus
Game 8: Sonic
Game 9: Cloud
Game 10: Bowser
Game 11: Pit
Game 12: Yoshi
Game 13: Fox
Game 14: Zero Suit Samus
Game 15: Bowser Jr.
Game 16: Link
Game 17: Pikachu
Game 18: Bayonetta
Game 19: Toon Link
Game 20: Charizard
Game 21: Lucas
Game 22: Donkey Kong
Game 23: King Dedede
Game 24: Wolf
Game 25: Lucina
Game 26: Captain Falcon
Game 27: Zelda
Game 28: Wario
Game 29: Peach
Game 30: Olimar
Game 31: Mega Man
Game 32: Kirby

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Luigi
Little Mac
Mewtwo
Dr. Mario
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Ryu
Ike
Bowser
Pit
Yoshi
Fox
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Link

Pikachu
Palutena
Young Link
Charizard
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Roy
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Pac-Man
Kirby

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Luigi
Little Mac
Mewtwo
ROB
...**** you for making me choose between two pokemon. Lucario
Corrin
Samus
Sonic
Cloud
Bowser
Pit
Yoshi
Fox
Zamus
Bowser Jr.
Link

Pikachu
Bayonetta
Toon Link
Charizard
Meta Knight
Villager
King Dedede
Wolf
ROY IS MAH BOI
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Wario
Peach
Marth
Pac-Man
Kirby

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Game 1: Mario
I find Luigi amusing, but I just can't pick him over Mario.

I don't hate WFT, but I'm also not going to pick a half-joke character over a deserving character with a longer legacy.

Okay, this is a pretty good one. In the end, I'm not going to cut a Smash 64 veteran that acts as the mascot for their own series. We've already survived without Mewtwo a couple times before.

Game 4: R.O.B.
I don’t mind Dr. Mario’s inclusion in Smash as I know he takes little development time, but why would I pick him over a nonclone?

Lucario seems a bit more established as a Pokemon icon at this point.

Game 6: Pokemon Trainer
I don’t really mind transformation characters.

Game 7: Robin
Oh, poor poor Robin. I was hoping we could go place. But getting Samus in the first round? Samus is more deserving and iconic, but… I want to take Robin anyways. Maybe it’s a pity vote since he/she has no chance of winning.

Game 9: Ike

Cloud isn’t only a Playstation icon to me- he’s from a game that was supposed to be on the 64 and is a symbol of Nintendo’s disaster with the cartridge-CD transition. Don’t really care to be reminded of that in Smash.

Game 14: Diddy Kong
Game 15: Duck Hunt
Only representative of a series, and actually is pretty iconic.

Game 18: Palutena
I like Palutena as a character, while I never felt Bayonetta would fit in with the cast. I don’t deny that Bayonetta’s reveal left a bad taste in my mouth.

Both fill a similar purpose, but I guess there are more characters with a toony Link than a kiddy Link. He’s more stylistically unique, as well.

Game 20: Squirtle
I chose against Greninja, so let’s take the cute water Pokemon here.

Game 21: Meta Knight
One of these characters comes from games with numerous NA releases.

For a second, though, I actually did consider taking the Villager.

Actually had to think about this one. Ultimately decided to go with importance to home series.

Game 24: Ice Climbers
One of these cuts made me disappointed; one broke my heart.

She might have blue hair, but kinda prefer Lucina has a character. Plus, we could use Awakening representation after Robin loses.

Game 29: Mr. Game & Watch
Far less iconic, but I’m going to be selfish here. I play as G&W a lot, while I hardly ever pick Peach.

Game 30: Marth
Tough choice.

Another good, tough matchup. Guess I will go with Mega Man since Pac-Man is more iconic for his limbless original appearance, and Mega Man’s moveset is less of a hodge podge.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Mario
Little Mac
Ness
R.O.B.
Greninja
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Sonic
Ike
Bowser
Pit
Yoshi
Fox
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Link

Pikachu
Palutena
Toon Link
Charizard
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Lucina
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Wario
Peach
Olimar
Pac-Man
Kirby

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mario
Little Mac
Mewtwo
R.O.B.
Greninja
Corrin
Samus
Ryu
Cloud
Ganondorf
Dark Pit (Sue me!)
Yoshi
Fox
Zero Suit Samus
Duck Hunt
Shulk
Pikachu
Bayonetta
Young Link
Charizard
Meta Knight
Villager
Rosalina and Luma
Ice Climbers
Roy
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
Olimar
PAC-MAN
Kirby

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Game 2: Wii Fit Trainer
Game 3: Mewtwo
Game 4: ROB
Game 8: Ryu
Game 12: Ivysaur
Game 13: Falco
Game 15: Bowser Jr.
Game 25: Roy
Game 30: Olimar
Game 31: Pac Man

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
  1. Mario
  2. Little Mac
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Dr. Mario
  5. Greninja
  6. Corrin
  7. Samus
  8. Sonic
  9. Ike
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Pit
  12. Yoshi
  13. Falco
  14. Diddy Kong
  15. Bowser Jr.
  16. Link
  17. Pikachu
  18. Palutena
  19. Young Link
  20. Squirtle
  21. Lucas
  22. Donkey Kong
  23. King Dedede
  24. Wolf
  25. Roy
  26. Captain Falcon
  27. Zelda
  28. Wario
  29. Peach
  30. Olimar
  31. Mega Man
  32. Kirby

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Most wanted Veterans.png

Ones I hestitated over:

Mario Vs. Luigi. Mario is...mostly more fun to play for me, but Luigi is easily my favourite Mario character outside my user namesakes.

Sonic vs. Ryu: I'd choose Ryu over most third parties but Sonic was my childhood.

Bowser Vs. Ganondorf: I like both, but went with Bowser due to a slight more Mario bias to Zelda.

Jr. vs. Duck Hunt: My two favourite Sm4sh newcomers. Sophie's choice, but went with Jr because the Koopalings added slightly more flavour for me.

Villager vs. Donkey Kong: I'm really torn on this one. I love the Donkey Kong Country Returns games, but Animal Crossing deserves a playable character too.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
1: Mario
3: Ness
4: R.O.B.
5: Lucario
6: Pokemon Trainer
9: Cloud
10: Bowser
12: Yoshi
14: Diddy Kong
15: Bowser Jr.
16: Link
18: Palutena
19: Toon Link
21: Meta Knight
22: Donkey Kong
23: King Dedede
24: Ice Climbers
25: Roy
27: Sheik
28: Snake
29: Peach
30: Marth
32: Kirby

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I was gonna do this but the seeding is too funky for me. Good luck on it anyway

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
He’s the hipster’s Mario.
Punch-Out is legend and it can’t end at Mac.
No contest. EarthBound wins forever.
Used to main him, kicks ass.
Greninja strikes me as a character that will probably be forgotten by the time Decidueye or whoever makes it in. They both have great movesets though.
Game 6: Pokémon Trainer
Although Corrin has a good moveset, maybe she shouldn’t have made it in. Maybe her game shouldn’t have been made. Maybe.
Robin’s moveset is terrible. He really deserves better. But you know who deserved better? Chrom.
Game 8: Ooh tough one. Err... let’s go with Sonic
Because he got in Brawl and that game was legend.
**** me hate to throw Cloud under the bridge but Ike is just so badass and I’ve been wanting to replay PoR.
Game 10: Ganondorf
Like playing as him more.
Well, duh.
Still pissed Ivysaur got cut.
Protagonist advantage.
No real reason.
Retro games forever yo.
Excited as to what they will do with BotW Link.
Game 17: Pichu
Can’t be the only one that misses Pichu.
Better moveset.
Game 19: Young Link
Because if YL is in there a higher likelihood for a Mask moveset.
Really enjoyed playing as Squirtle in SSE.
MOTHER will always triumph.
Love both, DK takes it for more historical significance.
I main Dedede. Meanwhile Rosalina should have never gotten in and her moveset’s pretty terrible.
Sorry Wolf but you a semi clone dawg.
Roy is boy and also we deserve Chrom.
YES
Would have voted Sheik in the Brawl era, but Smash 4 really made Zelda cool.
Game 28: Snake
Just give me back those codecs.
You can’t not love Mr. Game & Watch.
Would have been closer if Olimar hadn’t lost that tether and random Pikmin order.
I can watch the announcement trailer for Mega Man today and still get goosebumps.
No reason, though I’ve been meaning to get Star Allies.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I was gonna do this but the seeding is too funky for me. Good luck on it anyway
I didn't actually bother with seeding myself. I just mostly picked matches that I thought were interesting and allowed for the potential for other interesting matches in the middle and end of the tournament.

As for my picks:

I like Mario's playstyle more and I like Mario more as a character than his younger bro.

Tough matchup, but I like playing as Little Mac more than WFT. Also found Punch-Out!! to be more enjoyable than Wii Fit.

So I like Ness for the Earthbound representation, but I like Pokemon as a series more. Mewtwo was also one of my most requested vets for Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Better to prioritize new characters over clones, even if that new character is just based on a piece of hardware.

Game 5: Greninja
Greninja is my main in Smash 3DS/Wii U and one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Never really liked Pokemon Trainer and even though I didn't like Corrin at first, I have grown to like the character. Also really enjoyed Fates.

Game 7: Robin
I love both Metroid & Fire Emblem, so this was tough. Robin was on of my most requested newcomers for Smash 3DS/Wii U though and also my main before I played as Greninja. Also, Samus kind of sucks in Smash.

I don't really like how Sonic plays, and having Ryu in Smash is arguably even bigger than having Sonic (who has had most lackluster games lately).

Like Ryu, Cloud in Smash is BIG. He's fun to play as and I'd prefer to see him over Ike.

Bowser is his own unique character and he is also faster than Ganondorf.

Gotta go with the original here!

As much as I like Pokemon, I wouldn't sacrifice Yoshi for Ivysaur of all things.

Game 13: Falco
Though it would make more sense to pick Fox, I have always preferred Falco for many reasons, such as design.

I like playing as ZSS more than Diddy.

Never really cared for Jr. in his Clown Car.

Gotta go with the Hero of Hyrule!

In most cases, originals win in my book. Plus, Pichu is worthless.

Witches>Goddesses. Bayonetta is one of my favorite newcomers.

Mained him in the Brawl days.

Always preferred Squirtle in Brawl, but I like what they did with Charizard in 3DS/Wii U, plus I like Charizard more overall.

I don't really like Lucas (and Ness for that matter) in Smash.

Game 22: Villager
Killager is a great character to play as and I prefer him over DK.

Game 23: Rosalina & Luma
Never really liked Dedede's playstyle, but I did find Rosalina fun to play as.

Both characters were robbed, but we know ICs were actively planned to be in 3DS/Wii U. I pray that ICs appear at E3.

I find Roy to be the better Marth clone.

FALCON PUNCH!!!

Game 27: Sheik
Much better playstyle than Zelda in my opinion.

Liked playing as Snake more than Wario. Also really enjoyed the codec messages and I want those back.

The princess of Mushroom Kingdom is better than Game & Watch!

Too easy. I don't really care for Olimar that much.

Game 31: Pac-Man
Though Mega Man has the better FS and better stages, I found Pac to be more enjoyable.

Two pink puffballs, but the one who inhales other fighters is better than the one who sleeps in my book.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Mario's been featured way too much on Nintendo marketing. Let's give Luigi some love.
Game 2: Wii Fit Trainer
Female yoga instructors are pretty hot and it's awesome to fight in yoga poses. Also Little Mac's playability removed an Assist Trophy.
A popular legendary Pokémon that has been cut only to return as DLC vs a character from a game that didn't sell well because of a "This game stinks" slogan in the 90s and only became popular after Smash? Well, I am a huge Pokémon fan so...
Game 4: Dr. Mario
In Smash 4, Dr. Mario is less of a clone than Dark Pit and Lucina, and R.O.B. is really difficult to play with.
Lucario's not as relevant as Greninja recently and Lucario's a movie character.
Game 6: Pokémon Trainer
While I personally don't want transformations back for Zero Suit Samus and Charizard's sake, I did convince them to put the Trainer in. If I didn't say something, Corrin would be fighting an extra Mii. And hey, if they do get him back, it might be interesting to see his alts as the different player characters in the series and not just Red. Both the boys and the girls.
We can't have Zero Suit Samus without Samus, right? And we'll be fine if the Fire Emblem characters were swordfighters only, right?
Sonic's my main and Ryu is in a whole series of fighting games.
Cloud is a Playstation character. The only games on Nintendo consoles was two Kingdom Hearts games that were later remade for the Playstation that were more Disney than Final Fantasy, and Theatrhythm, which is just a rhythmic game. Both of these had him as a cameo while the games he's most important to are on the Playstation. Also, I'm enjoying Fire Emblem Echos. And why is Cloud speaking Japanese while Ike is speaking English?
Why is Ganon a clone of Captain Falcon?
Why are we pitting (pun intended) the original against his clone? Especially one that's unpopular?
I want the Pokémon Trainer to face his own Pokémon in this bracket.
Wow, another original vs. clone match? Well I do think of Star FOX so here.
She is hot, sexy and fun to play with. Diddy's bananas brought back tripping in a game where tripping was deconfirmed! Also if transformations come back, please don't make her Final Smash like Brawl.
I really don't want the Koopalings back. Especially when one of them has the same name as a certain Fire Emblem character.
Shulk's name reminds me too much of "She-Hulk."
Again? Another clone match? I would have voted for Pichu if it was up against someone else because I never got to play Melee. But Pichu hurts itself and that scares me.
Bayonetta is not that hot to me and I wondered how she won the ballot without any of her voters saying anything online?
Game 19: Young Link
I never played Melee so I would like to see him. Plus there's that Breath of the Wild Link teased and I want a classic Link.
I may pick Charmander over Squirtle as my starter, but I liked Squirtle better in Brawl.
The top tier in Brawl vs a Ness clone. I'm sorry, Lucas.
Probably the most iconic Nintendo character next to Mario.
Game 23: Rosalina & Luma
A double fighter like Ice Climbers! I gotta get them in because of my Wolf vote.
Wolf had absolutely no reason to be cut from Smash 4. It removed a villain that Smash should have more of and his moves aren't that similar to Fox as Falco. I want Ice Climbers too and I would have voted for them if they were up against someone else because I know the Switch could handle them. But Wolf is a bigger priority to me.
The one character I like as a clone. At least Lucina speaks English.
I wasn't very interested in custom characters in any game. Just official characters.
Come on, the series is called Legend of Zelda. Also the thought of Sheik being a male disguise makes me uncomfortable.
The return of the first ever third-party character is better than fart jokes.
I might have some bias towards females, but Peach's hover looks so awesome while Game & Watch is just a weird dimension.
Having fun with Fire Emblem Echoes and I want Lucina to continue her clone status. Also if Ridley's too big, then Olimar's too small.
Game 31: Pac-Man
It was a hard choice but Mega Man can be replaced with X. Also why is Mega Man's symbol just a gear?
Jigglypuff's really lost relevance and she has almost been cut in every Smash game. Also her Up Special isn't that good.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Game 17: Pichu
Game 27: Sheik

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
1: Luigi
3: Ness
4: R.O.B.
5: Greninja
6: Pokemon Trainer
9: Ike
10: Ganondorf
12: Yoshi (duh)
14: Diddy Kong
15: Duck Hunt
16: Shulk (sorry Link, LoZ is still my favorite series tho)
18: Bayonetta
19: Toon Link
21: Meta Knight
22: Donkey Kong
23: King Dedede
24: Ice Climbers
25: Roy
27: Zelda (WHY WON'T YOU GO AWAY SHEIK?!!)
28: Wario
29: Mr. Game & Watch
30: Marth
32: Kirby

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. :4mario: (It’s Mario...nuff said)
2. :4littlemac:(Chocolate bribery)
3. :4mewtwo:(He’s cool)
4. :4drmario:(It’s the Doctor)
5. :4lucario:(KAMEHAMEHA...also I liked his movie and his moveset)
6. :4corrinf:(Barefoot Waifu):4corrin:(87 Leonardo)
7. :4robinf::4robinm:(Scale Tippers)
8. :4sonic:(Sanic Speed bringing the Boom)
9. :4myfriends:(Friend Fighter with no Sympathy for Enemies)
10. :4bowser:(Bowser is awesome)
11. :4pit:(Pit is the GOAT)
12. :4yoshi:(Piccolo)
13. :4fox:(Only if he’s got a manly voice in Smash Switch)
14. :4zss:(Gotta have some sort of Samus)
15. :4duckhunt:(Dog person)
16. :4link:(Links Winky)
17. :4pikachu:(Adorable and recognizable)
18. :4palutena:(One of Two Green Haired Waifus)
19. :4tlink:(Toon = BOTW > the rest)
20. :4charizard:(RAWR)
21. :4lucas:(He needs love)
22. :4dk:(EXPAND)
23. :rosalina:(One of my favorites in Mario games)
24. :popo:(I miss them tbh)
25. :4lucina:(I don’t want to let her go)
26. :4falcon:(FALCON PUNCH...is delicious)
27. :4zelda:(Yes)
28. :4wario:(Fart)
29. :4peach:(She’s a childhood crush)
30. :4marth:(Thought he was a girl...now I think he’s a Ladies Man)
31. :4pacman:(sorry Mega Man)
32. :4kirby:(Chicken)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  1. :4mario:Both are similar for me, and I like underdogs, but it just doesn't feel right to take Luigi over Mario here.
  2. :4littlemac:I liked WFT for about a month after her announcement, and not anymore. Mac is cool though.
  3. :4mewtwo:No contest here
  4. :4rob:...eew, both are bad options, but I hate clones more than ROB
  5. :4lucario:Didn't like him at first, but he has grown on me.
  6. :pt:My #1 most wanted, with the whole transformations intact!
  7. :4robinm:...tough, but I'm bad with Samus, and I like Robin
  8. :4sonic:Ryu is ok, but the only 3rd party I really like in Smash is the hedgehog
  9. :4myfriends:WE LIKE IKE!
  10. :4ganondorf:Even with his ill conceived moveset
  11. :4pit:ugh, both are terrible, but this one is less bad than the other
  12. :ivysaur:I miss my unique Brawl movesets!
  13. :4fox:Please get a new voice though. That Sm4sh one is TERRIBLE
  14. :4diddy:Neither is too appealing, but I've been replaying DK64 recently and I do like Diddy
  15. :4duckhunt:Awesome character choice, and I want him to stick around
  16. :4link:My main through all games so far. But please keep him a lefty, we lefties need our heroes.
  17. :4pikachu:Original always beats clone
  18. :4palutena:First party always beats third party
  19. :younglinkmelee: Not a fan of either since they're clones, but I HATE the toon style
  20. :squirtle:Sorry Charmie, but Squirt's my #1 hoped for veteran.
  21. :4lucas:neither really, but I think I like Lucas a bit more
  22. :4dk:Animal Crossing is okay, but I like DK better...even though I haven't really played more than one DK game...
  23. :rosalina:I love having all of the princesses battle it out in their finery
  24. :wolf:I miss both, but Wolf was a harder cut.
  25. :4feroy:Roy in Sm4sh was actually awesome and I really enjoyed him
  26. :4falcon:No contest here
  27. :4zelda:I can't play Shiek for the life of me, but Zelda's my #2
  28. :snake:Not a fan of 3rd parties, but Snake did end up growing on me, and I don't like the LOL FARTS! moveset
  29. :4peach:Peach is way more fun than flatman
  30. :4marth:Never really liked Olimar much, but I recognize his importance
  31. :4megaman:Gotta say, I never really played a Megaman game before, but I did like him in Smash
  32. :4kirby:Jiggles is outdated by now

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Luigi
Little Mac
Ness
ROB
Greninja
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Sonic
Cloud
Bowser
Dark Pit
Yoshi
Falco
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Link
Pichu
Palutena
Young Link
Squirtle
Meta Knight
Villager
Dedede
Ice Climbers
Roy
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Mega Man
Jigglypuff

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
What kind of moron pits Mario against Luigi Round 1? And Bowser against Ganondorf? Seriously? You're supposed to take random characters or characters that are not related. Dung-tier bracket imo.
>all these plebs picking Kirby

Great Is My Presence.png

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
What kind of moron pits Mario against Luigi Round 1? And Bowser against Ganondorf? Seriously? You're supposed to take random characters or characters that are not related. Dung-tier bracket imo.
>all these plebs picking Kirby

View attachment 145778
I've lost track of how many times I've explained this. If you don't like it, start your own thread.

BTW, you crossed off both Greninja & Lucario in one matchup.....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mario
Little Mac
Mewtwo
R.O.B.
Greninja
Pokémon Trainer
Robin
Sonic

Ike
Bowser
Pit
Yoshi
Fox
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Link

Pikachu
Palutena
Toon Link
Charizard
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong
King Dedede...though this was tough since I love both
Ice Climbers

Lucina
Miis
Zelda
Snake
Peach
Marth
Pac-Man
Kirby

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
BTW, you crossed off both Greninja & Lucario in one matchup.....
Yes, and?

The idea of the thread isn't bad. I just haven't seen your rationale for the seeding, and doubt that there is are legitimate ones besides just wanting things to go quicker, somehow.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Yes, and?

The idea of the thread isn't bad. I just haven't seen your rationale for the seeding, and doubt that there is are legitimate ones besides just wanting things to go quicker, somehow.
Then I'm not counting your picks for that matchup because you have to pick one per matchup. That will be neither a vote for nor against Greninja and Lucario unless it is changed.

I've explained my matchups multiple times.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Here's my vote
Luigi
Little Mac
Mewtwo
ROB
Greninja
Corrin
Robin
Ryu
Cloud
Bowser
Pit
Ivysaur
Falco
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr
Shulk
Pikachu
Bayonetta
Toon Link
Squirtle
Meta Knight
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
Wolf
Roy
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Wario
Peach
Marth
Megaman
Kirby

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
VOTING FOR ROUND 1 IS NOW CLOSED!!!

Please give me a moment to count up all the votes and then I will post the results shortly.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
THE RESULTS ARE IN! There is a big surprise for one of the matchups and I do explain how I plan on handling it.

Game 1: Mario wins 12-10. Surprised at how close this was!

Game 2: Little Mac wins 19-3.

Game 3: Mewtwo wins 15-7.

Game 4: R.O.B. wins 18-4.

Game 5: Lucario wins 10-11. You might notice this matchup has one less vote than the others, which is because Nohbl Nohbl crossed off both characters and never changed it, thus their vote does not count (which is unfortunate for me if they would have preferred Greninja).

Game 6: Pokemon Trainer wins 13-9.

Game 7: Samus wins 15-7.

Game 8: Sonic wins 6-16.

Game 9: Ike wins 9-13. Looks like Link VS Cloud won't happen!

Game 10: Bowser wins 15-7. Neither will Link VS Ganondorf!

Game 11: Pit wins 20-2.

Game 12: Yoshi wins 17-5.

Game 13: Fox wins 16-6.

Game 14: Diddy Kong wins 13-9.

Game 15: Duck Hunt wins 10-12.

Game 16: Link wins 18-4.

Game 17: Pikachu wins 19-3.

Game 18: Palutena wins 12-10. I guess I was wrong in stating that witches are better than goddesses.

Game 19: Toon Link wins 8-14.

Game 20: Charizard wins 8-14.

Game 21: Meta Knight wins 8-14.

Game 22: Donkey Kong wins 15-7.

Game 23: King Dedede wins 17-5.

Game 24: Ice Climbers wins 10-12. A little surprised by how close this was, but glad ICs prevailed!

Game 25: Roy wins 16-6. I guess he really is our boy!

Game 26: Captain Falcon wins 21-1. Almost a total victory! One of the last votes in was for Mii Fighters.

Game 27: Zelda wins 15-7.

Game 28: Wario wins 12-10. Pretty close!

Game 29: Peach wins 15-7.

Game 30: Marth wins 15-7. I was worried at first because Olimar started off with a slight lead.

Game 31: Megaman and Pac-Man TIE AT 11-11! This is the match I was referring to. I will explain what I do when I detail the new matchups.

Game 32: Kirby wins 2-20. Stark contrast to Game 31 and sorry Nohbl Nohbl that we couldn't salvage a win for Jigglypuff!

Game 1:Mario VS Little Mac
Game 2: Mewtwo VS R.O.B.
Game 3: Lucario VS Pokemon Trainer
Game 4: Samus VS Sonic
Game 5: Ike VS Bowser
Game 6: Pit VS Yoshi
Game 7: Fox VS Diddy Kong
Game 8: Duck Hunt VS Link
Game 9: Pikachu VS Palutena
Game 10: Toon Link VS Charizard
Game 11: Meta Knight VS Donkey Kong
Game 12: King Dedede VS Ice Climbers
Game 13: Roy VS Captain Falcon
Game 14: Zelda VS Wario
Game 15: Peach VS Marth
Game 16a: Megaman VS Kirby
Game 16b: Pac-Man VS Kirby

There will be 2 Game 16s taking place as a result of the tie created. Obviously if both Mega and Pac lose, it isn't a big deal. Whoever performs better, regardless of winning or losing, will be considered the true winner of Round 1. Let's say they both lose Round 2, but Mega gets 2 votes and Pac gets 1 then Mega is considered the true winner of Round 1, and same scenario if they both were to beat Kirby. Whoever performs better moves on.

I suppose you don't have to vote in both matchups (heck, it'd probably be fine there were other matches in which you don't cast a vote for), but I still recommend voting in all matchups anyways!

Just don't ask me what happens if they both get the same number of votes as Kirby.....

I will cast my votes shortly. Also Nimbostratus Nimbostratus did mention that they'd update the brackets using Adobe Pro. Just be sure to put Megaman/Pac-Man for their line in the bracket because we don't have the true winner just yet. Thanks!

Round 2 will conclude on May 30 at 8 PM Eastern Time!

EDIT: Really sorry for the double post! It took me a while to count the votes and then I forgot to just edit my previous post.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
1. Mario (boy, that's a tough one. Don't hate me Little Mac fans)
2. R.O.B.
3. Pokemon Trainer
4. Samus
5. Bowser
6. Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi (counts as 5 votes. jk)
7. Diddy Kong
8. Link
9. Palutena
10. Toon Link (ANOTHER tough one. I'm so sorry Charizard!!!)
11. Donkey Kong
12. King Dedede
13. Captain Falcon
14. Zelda (thank god Sheik got eliminated)
15. Marth
16a. Mega-Man
16b. Kirby

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
oh jeez, im glad mewtwo hung on!

Game 1:Mario
Game 2: Mewtwo
Game 3: Lucario
Game 4: Samus
Game 5: Bowser
Game 6: Yoshi
Game 7: Fox
Game 8: Link
Game 9: Palutena
Game 10: Toon Link
Game 11: Meta Knight
Game 12: King Dedede
Game 13: Captain Falcon
Game 14: Zelda
Game 15: Peach
Game 16a: Kirby
Game 16b: Kirby

no super hard decisions here, a few of em were really easy.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  1. :4littlemac: Mario's boring, sorry. Gotta go with the other New Yorker
  2. :4mewtwo: Awesomeness vs. boring robot? No contest
  3. :pt: I want my transformations and team back!
  4. :4samus: Sonic's cool, but I think I like Samus better
  5. :4myfriends: I fight for my friends!
  6. :4yoshi: ugh to both, but I loathe Kid Icarus
  7. :4fox: As long as we don't have terrible Sm4sh voices
  8. :4link: Aw man, sorry puppy, but Link's my #1
  9. :4pikachu: I can't neglect Pika here
  10. :4charizard: Sad that he's missing the rest of his team, but I'll take him over that fake Link
  11. :4dk: Not a huge fan of either, but DK's better
  12. :popo: Again, not a huge fan of either, but I like the IC's better
  13. :4falcon: This one's tough after Roy got made awesome in Sm4sh, but Falcon's cooler
  14. :4zelda: No contest at all.
  15. :4peach: Princesses FTW
  16. a:4megaman:/ b:4kirby: I never played Megaman as a kid, but he fits so well in Smash. Kirby's pretty generic, but better than Pac
Interesting that, with the exception of the Megaman/Pac fight, all of the third parties were first-round losses.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Welp, all the third parties lost. Guess that goes to show people still see Smash as a Nintendo first franchise. Glad to know.

Wait, Wario actually beat Snake?

Game 1: Little Mac
The scrapper from the Bronx beats the plumber from Brooklyn.
Game 2: R.O.B.
I just love R.O.B.
Tough, but I guess I’d be more pissed to see Lucario cut than I was when the Trainer did.
Samus kicks more ass.
Game 5: Ike
Ike is awesome.
Game 6: Pit
I want a sequel to Uprising.
Someone’s gotta rep Star Fox.
Sorry pup but he’s the legend.
Game 9: Pikachu
Pika-please.
Game 10: Charizard
TL’s a clone so he loses points.
Ouch, sorry DK but I might cut the other two Kirby guys and I love MK.
Game 12: Ice Climbers
I main Dedede but their absence is just criminal.
Show me your moves!
Game 14: Wario
Better moveset.
Game 15: Marth
Fence ‘em all the way. Plus, who’re we gonna make clones of?
Game 16a: Megaman

Last edited:

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Game 3: Pokemon Trainer
Game 7: Diddy Kong
Game 13: Roy
Already, a lot of tough matchups

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Might come back and add reasons, but I'm low on time at the moment:

Game 10: Charizard
Game 11: Donkey Kong
Game 14: Zelda

I'll try to have the bracket up on either late Sunday or early Monday; I'm out of town right now and don't have my main computer. But it will be done!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Little Mac
Mewtwo
Lucario
Sonic
Bowser
Yoshi
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Palutena
Charizard
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Roy
Zelda
Peach
Mega Man
PAC-MAN

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Mario
Mewtwo
Lucario
Sonic
Bowser
Yoshi
Fox
Duck Hunt
Pikachu
Charizard
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
Captain Falcon
Wario
Marth
Game 16a Megaman
Game 16b Pacman

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Game 1:Mario VS Little Mac
Game 2: Mewtwo VS R.O.B.
Game 3: Lucario VS Pokemon Trainer
No vote
Game 4: Samus VS Sonic
Game 5: Ike VS Bowser
Game 6: Pit VS Yoshi
Game 7: Fox VS Diddy Kong
Game 8: Duck Hunt VS Link
Game 9: Pikachu VS Palutena
Game 10: Toon Link VS Charizard
Game 11: Meta Knight VS Donkey Kong
Game 12: King Dedede VS Ice Climbers
Game 13: Roy VS Captain Falcon
Game 14: Zelda VS Wario
Game 15: Peach VS Marth
Game 16a: Megaman VS Kirby
Game 16b: Pac-Man VS Kirby

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Game 6: Yoshi
Game 7: Diddy Kong
Game 8: Duck Hunt
Game 16b: Pac-Man

Folezicle

Smash Rookie
Game 2: R.O.B.
Game 3: Pokemon Trainer
Game 16a: Megaman

An idea for the round after Veterans is Nintendo characters from games that aren't represented in the roster (in otherwords what game series needs a new rep).
For example:
Tethu - Ever Oasis
Zael - Last Story
Wonder Red - Wonderful 101
Springman - Arms
Multiple Rhythm Haven characters
Saki - Sin and Punishment
Fatal Frame series (I have no clue)
Chibi-Robo
Isaac - Golden Sun
Ray - Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant