• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Most Wanted Newcomer Bracket Challenge (Third-Party)- Game Over; Results Posted

How Often Should Each Round Last?

• 1 Day

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 2 Days

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 3 Days

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Whenever OP feels the votes slow down

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Don't care; how it is being handled is fine

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could people not post running results in the middle of the round?

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So the two DK characters won? We gotta make sure the next round isn't DK only.

Game 1: Decidueye - Besides trying to avoid a DK vs DK, Pokémon is one of my favorite franchises and an archer kind of Pokémon would be great for Smash. Gotta have the most recent gen get some representation. Meanwhile, DK is a Mario spinoff with two representitives that just add to Mario's overrepresentation. Pokémon may be overrepresentated too, but at least it never had any crossovers or guest appearances outside of Smash. (Pokkén has nothing to do with Tekken)
Game 2: Ridley - Ridley's been requested way more than Dixie. I'm expecting Ridley to win this bracket now. Oh and Metroid is underrepresented compared to Mario/DK and Pokémon. Two Samuses? Really? And so what if Ridley ends up being the tallest fighter? He doesn't have to be ridiculously big. He has made a cameo in every Smash game, so it's time he becomes a fighter.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I hate seeing people refusing to vote on a matchup

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Game 1: 1. Decidueye (I like K.Rool, but I mostly support him for how much he means for other people. But I actually really want Decidueye in Smash. He's competing for my third most wanted slot. So sorry K.Rool, but then you'll probably win the round anyway.)

Game 2: 1. Ridley (Welp, I want Dixie in, she's my top pick for DK newcomer, but Space Pirates Never Falter.)

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
King K Rool - Decidueye is more flavor of the month in comparison. Mimikyu or a few others could also take that spot anyways.
Dixie - Ridley would look weird. What's next? Titan Dweevil? Funny enough Titan Dweevil may be more likely if Louie comes back in Pikmin 4, it could be his final smash.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Guess I need to get my own picks in. Sorry to be stereotypical Smashboards Memberbut it has to be...

Game 1: King K. Rool
Game 2: Ridley

I'd be very happy with all four of these getting in, though.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Nimbostratus Nimbostratus if you would like help selecting third party candidates I would be happy to help if you choose to do a third party bracket after this one.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
K Rool

Dixie

I want Ridley too but Dixie is a more glaring omission from the roster imo

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Game 1: King K. Rool
Game 2: Ridley (rly sorry Dixie, but Ridley is Ridley)

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Round 5 Over. No further votes will be counted.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I appreciate the offer, but I’ve received enough suggestions for the third-party bracket that I have it pretty much built at this point. Just need to shuffle seeding around. Maybe I could send it to you for a second opinion on any particularly egregious seeding? That could be useful, as few words truer have been spoken than...
Seeding's gonna be a *****
That said, if people want to do another type of bracket after that (whether that be a Forgotten/Excluded characters bracket, First Party and Third Party All Stars combo bracket, or something else), I’d be fine handing off duties.

And back to the game at hand! You all know who won, so I’m not going to even act like there are any surprises here. Didn’t double check, but these weren’t close enough to worry too much about it:

Game 1: 1. King K. Rool defeated 1. Decidueye by a score of 49-17
Game 2: 1. Ridley defeated 2. Dixie Kong by a score of 40-25

And that sets up the showdown for the ages in the Championship between two perennial favorites- both of whom happen to be rather big villains. But wait! It’s not over for Decidueye and Dixie just yet. I’ll also tally votes for anyone who wants to vote in a consolation game for third place. That gives us:

Championship Game: 1. King K. Rool vs. 1. Ridley
Consolation Game: 1. Decidueye vs. 2. Dixie Kong

Submit your votes for the Championship Round. Voting will run until at least 12:00 EDT on Monday, May 7

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Championship: K. Rool
Now this one is extremely tough, and I’m really curious to see how it pans out. Going K. Rool out of an involuntary desire to side with the winners, as Sakurai hath spoken on Ridley, and alas he is too big.

Consolation: Dixie
No contest here though. If Decidueye is really that popular he’ll have no problem sitting it out til Smash 6.

Also, I’d be down for a Forgotten/Obscure Characters bracket after the Third-Party one. And the First- & Third-Party mixup would probably please that one guy asking about Geno being in this one.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ridley

Simply put this is a bitter battle, but I feel Ridley is the more glaring omission.

Decidueye

I love this mon.

Nimbostratus Nimbostratus kk its cool, just send me the seeding perhaps.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
FINAL ROUND.

FIGHT!

Championship- King K. Rool

He's been my number 1 for over 5 years now. 5 painful, slow, K. Rool-less years...

Consolation- Dixie Kong

Yeah, I have the DK bias, but plenty of fond memories of playing DKC with your older brothers will do that to ya :) .

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Championship Game: 1. Ridley (Both deserve to be in, imo, but Ridley is the horrifying villain for me. Please don't eat my parents.)

Consolation Game: 1. Decidueye (Poor Dixie, I've wanted her in since Brawl. But I like Decidueye too much and the potential for his/her moveset.)

It's honestly hard to judge who is going to win this round in either match. But K.Rool and Ridley facing in the finals is not so surprising. May the best reptilian win. (Is Ridley even a reptile? Space Dragon might be its own animal classification.)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A battle that's sure to shake the heavens themselves!!!

Championship Game: King K. Rool

Consolation Game: Decidueye

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Championship Game: Ridley
I want both characters, but seeing Ridley get announced would hype me more than K. Rool.

Consolation: Decidueye

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Championship Game: King K. Rool

Love Ridley and King K. Rool.
If I am forced to choose then the King. Have a feeling both will get in the actual game.

Consolation Game:
Decidueye

I want a Grass starter. I have a feeling both the owl and Dixie will get in the actual game.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Champion: Ridley.
Ridley is not too big and Metroid definitely needs more reps who are not Samus.
3rd Place: Decidueye
I like Pokémon more than Donkey Kong.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Championship Game: 1. King K. Rool v
Consolation Game: . Dixie Kong
i like donkey kong more than pokemon! :-p

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27