• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash + Switch Buying Advice?

Check the one(s) you think could feasibly happen before the holiday season.

• Switch price-drop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switch re-release

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Heaps of people like me are getting ready to pony up and finally get a Switch because of Smash... what is something you want people to know if they're in the same boat?
  • I keep things nice and I know the stickers strip Joycon paint off... what do you consider using as an extra layer?

• Reports of devices "warping" or bending slightly in addition to the dock scratching the screen are still a thing. A; do you have this and B; is it severe or preventable?

• There's threemore regarding if people should wait for a bundle, a price drop, or a re-release of the Switch's actual damn hardware you can also answer the poll.
Thought I'd get some feelers out there after this post got me banned(?) from r/Nintendo... jesus.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have not had any of those issues with my Switch. The only protection I have for daily use is a glass screen protector.

One like this.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I dont use anything as an extra layer. I'd just browse Amazon if I were you

Bending/warping I've heard about but it doesnt seem like a widespread problem. Probably just some idiots not taking care of their Switches. The screen scratching stuff when putting into the dock is usually caused by jiggling your Switch around so it lands on the USB-C connecter inside the dock. Just don't jiggle it. But to be safe, I have a "dock sock" which is just a thin decorative cloth that goes on the front of the dock. Mine looks like this

It was the main option available at launch but I think there are plenty of new products that keep the look of the Switch while protecting the screen

I personally never bother waiting for bundles or price drops. You can but theres nothing on the immediate horizon. You still have a bit of time before Smash comes out to hunt for deals though

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the response. It sounds like the people with damage problems are probably just less careful than me, really.

Price-wise if there are no announcements at the close of E3 I think it's fairly set in stone.

Top Bottom