• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Stick Kickstarter

smash_stick.jpg

Alt Lab Controllers have recently relaunched their Kickstarter campaign for a Smash Analog Arcade Stick. The Kickstarter above $90,000 at the time of posting (original goal as $70,000), and will be fully compatible with Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii, Wii-U, Switch, PC, and PlayStation 3, thus making it a good choice for anyone looking to play Smash on an arcade stick. A gameplay demo can be seen below:

Additional stretch goals that have already been reached include a free clear arcylic panel + Kickstarter Exclusive Artwork (achieve stretch goal in 48 hours), free shipping ($80,000) and a free swappable square gate ($85,000). The Batball Top, the only stretch goal that has not been obtained, still does not have a set number. There are add-ons that will be available after the campaign. These currently include additional Smash Sticks for $250 each, and a detachable Joystick Shaft for $40.

There will also be a remapping software with an overview below:

If you have an interest in getting one, you can still purchase from their Kickstarter for $249. This campaign will be ending on August 29th, 2020 at 9 AM PST/PDT

Author’s Note: I’m personally interested in the Smash Stick, but mostly for use with Tetris. Doubt I’ll be picking one up, but it looks fantastic! What do you think of the Smash Stick? Are you looking forward to it? Let us know in the comments below!

(Credits:
Article Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Editing Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Graphics Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa )

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

If there was a wireless option, I'd buy this in an instant.
I know hardcore competitive players need wires to avoid a couple frames of input lag, but as an overall gamer, I enjoy having extra controllers like wheels for racing games, mice and keyboards for shooters, and of course fight sticks for fighting games. It's 2020, and wires are simply a nuisance today for most gamers.

Top Bottom