• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Stands in Solidarity with the Black Lives Matter Movement

BLM-DRW-002 (2).jpg

Smash unites people from all walks of life—we at Smashboards fully support the Black Lives Matter movement. We take racism very seriously, and in no way, shape or form do we condone it. It has no place in (or out) of our community, and we do our best to reprimand it on the site. We are anti-racist. This is a safe space for Black people and other People of Color, and we hope that, together, we can help better our world through understanding and compassion.

The Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement is vocal in the fight against systemic racism, unequal justice under law, and police brutality not just in the United States, but across the world. The Movement's recent momentum was triggered by a series of killings of unarmed Black people, culminating with the murder of George Floyd.

Smash figureheads and related organizations across the board have spoken out in solidarity with the BLM movement:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Staying true to its grassroots nature, the Smash community has risen to the task of holding fundraisers and organizing charity tournaments for the BLM movement. For example, Journie Ma-Johnson raised $2000 for the NAACP Legal Defense Fund while reading The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness on stream, Nairoby "Nairo" Quezada and his streaming audience raised $16,000 for Reclaim the Block, and Panda Global's "First to 15" battle between Eric "ESAM" Lew and Ezra "Samsora" Morris raised $16,500 for various BLM-supported charities.

On June 1st, there were Super Smash Bros. Melee East and West Coast Netplay charity events, organized by Nico "Ryobeat" Rodriguez. Participants included Joseph "Mang0" Marquez, Johnny "S2J" Kim, Cody "iBDW" Schwab, Justin "Plup" McGrath, Sasha "Magi" Sullivan, and Kalindi "KJH" Henderson, and the event raised over $35,000 for an assortment of charities. There was a kindred event held for European players on June 6th, which had entrants spanning across the continent and ended up raising several thousand dollars of its own. Similar online charity tournaments for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and P+ are scheduled for June 13-15, and there are sure to be even more like them in the works. Scratch that Smash itch for a good cause!

You can find other ways to help with Black Lives Matter's causes here. Let's remember that this should not be a moment, but a movement.

Author's Note: It's heartening to see the Smash community come together and support the cause. It's important that we acknowledge the darker sides of our community, though, so. If you’re comfortable, I encourage you to share your experiences with racism and prejudice both in and out of the Smash scene below in the comments. We, as a community, need to be aware so that we can be better.

Times are tough for everyone, but if you're searching for information regarding specifically Black mental health, you might find this thread helpful.

Last edited:
EmaLeigh "$$$$" O'Neal

Comments

My own personal opinion is that the amount of murder and property destruction has overshadowed whatever message people were hoping to send. What my opinion is doesn't really matter though. It's not me that you have to convince to make things happen; It's the average person and most of them don't like seeing things on fire.
That's the goal. Shift the focus from "Police Brutality is rampant" to "Look at all the destruction caused by these people." You can easily condemn riots, acknowledge the need to end police brutality and bring attention to bad actors sabotaging the message all in one sentence. The protests have been largely peaceful, and if you look for it you can find cops sparking the violence during peaceful demonstrations. As well as useful idiots and saboteurs. It's now a massive game of he said she said.

The fact that this thread and hundreds of others worldwide are expressing support for a movement that wants to end police brutality, racial discrimination and hopefully demilitarize the cops is a good thing. If you think that there's more being said about the message and less about riots, then feel free to bring attention to those riots and be sure to highlight the absolute free-for-all here. I know for a fact not everyone rioting is a white supremacist, undercover cop, far-left anarchist, disenfranchised person or somebody taking advantage of chaos. However, to imply that it all falls on one group comes off as deeply suspicious and helps those who don't see what police are doing as a problem. You not wanting property damage is A-OK, and you can achieve that by supporting widespread police reform and demilitarization. These protests and everything that comes from it will continue if cops keep abusing their authority.

The more people show how all this is a result of police brutality the more people will want to hold them accountable.

That's the goal. Shift the focus from "Police Brutality is rampant" to "Look at all the destruction caused by these people." You can easily condemn riots, acknowledge the need to end police brutality and bring attention to bad actors sabotaging the message all in one sentence. The protests have been largely peaceful, and if you look for it you can find cops sparking the violence during peaceful demonstrations. As well as useful idiots and saboteurs. It's now a massive game of he said she said.

The fact that this thread and hundreds of others worldwide are expressing support for a movement that wants to end police brutality, racial discrimination and hopefully demilitarize the cops is a good thing. If you think that there's more being said about the message and less about riots, then feel free to bring attention to those riots and be sure to highlight the absolute free-for-all here. I know for a fact not everyone rioting is a white supremacist, undercover cop, far-left anarchist, disenfranchised person or somebody taking advantage of chaos. However, to imply that it all falls on one group comes off as deeply suspicious and helps those who don't see what police are doing as a problem. You not wanting property damage is A-OK, and you can achieve that by supporting widespread police reform and demilitarization. These protests and everything that comes from it will continue if cops keep abusing their authority.

The more people show how all this is a result of police brutality the more people will want to hold them accountable.
Here's a breakdown of the rioters:
Not rioters, actual peaceful protesters who want reform and justice for Floyd (mostly black but all races)
Criminals (all races)
Opportunists (all races)
Antifa terrorists (rich and white, typically, though not all are, these people are the worst of all) who blame it on BLM
CHAZ!

However, not all people who are white are white supremacist. Racists do exist, and Mr. Chauvin (that name sounds fake, chauvinist, really?) was a bad cop. Do not defund or remove the police, reform is needed however.

Before you (or anyone) calls me a racist too, I'm Asian.

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my posts were just silently deleted when all I did was give my condolences to the many victims of these violent riots. Absolutely disgusting. Just come out and say that dissenting opinions aren't welcomed and be done with it already. What a ****ing joke.

Not rioters, actual peaceful protesters who want reform and justice for Floyd (mostly black but all races)
Criminals (all races)
Opportunists (all races)
Antifa terrorists (rich and white, typically, though not all are, these people are the worst of all) who blame it on BLM
CHAZ!

However, not all people who are white are white supremacist. Racists do exist, and Mr. Chauvin (that name sounds fake, chauvinist, really?) was a bad cop. Do not defund or remove the police, reform is needed however.

Fun fact! Minneapolis had already banned chokeholds, yet at the end of the day, it still happened! At minimum, 40% of cops are bad cops yet this is the only job where you can have nearly half of your employees in something screw up awfully, a restaurant with a minimum of 40% of customers getting food poisoning would rightfully get shut down. Defunding the police means that you don't send the police out if someone's suicidal, defunding the police means that teachers won't have to buy school supplies with their own money while cops get to use banned chemical gasses on civilians at all, etc. Also, when the NYPD went on a strike to prove how much they were needed back in 2017, there were significantly less crimes being reported than on average

Also, Asians can be racist to black people, gay people can be bigotted towards transpeople, there's trans people who're racist to black people, etc. Not all minorities support every group of minorities like how not every white person fully supports other white people. This is like saying yelling the N word doesn't make you racist because you have a black friend

I find it strange that according to the stories everyone is against black people yet at the same time I see everyone being in favour of black people. Just read all the what is said about Black Lives Matter on this page. Are those the kind things that a society that hates black people would say? Nowadays everyone I meet or talk with is against racism against black people. The only place where racism against black people seems to exist is on the news where stories about it can be heard among all the usual propaganda.

Sometimes it's better to put down the news and look into real life. If racism is such a big problem, then surely you know at least a few victims of it. Go out and help them. That's much better than giving to charities. It may be more work, but more often than not charities are a huge scam anyway.

I find it strange that according to the stories everyone is against black people yet at the same time I see everyone being in favour of black people. Just read all the what is said about Black Lives Matter on this page. Are those the kind things that a society that hates black people would say? Nowadays everyone I meet or talk with is against racism against black people. The only place where racism against black people seems to exist is on the news where stories about it can be heard among all the usual propaganda.
The problem, at least by my understanding, is that enough people in positions of power/authority are discriminating against black people, or disproportionately targeting them - it's kind of sad when these clips from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air from 30 years ago still seem to be relevant. (plus, you can't only base it on examples of people that you've met - not many people are going to openly admit that they're racist) There are other issues as well, such as police not prioritizing (or outright ignoring) de-escalation techniques (the article's from 2017, but I figure it's still relevant), when training officers in that would have prevented a lot of easily-avoidable deaths.

Last edited:
Criminals (all races)
Opportunists (all races)
CHAZ!

Well tbh I don't know you well enough to call you a racist and the post I'm quoting doesn't make me suspicious so right now I'll say so far so good. As for your rundown throw white supremacist and undercover cops in the mix and you got the gist of the free-for-all.

One problem is that racism isn't clear cut. Gwen went into detail about that so I'll move to my next response.

From my understanding, defund the police is getting equated with abolish the police. What defund is supposed to mean is to cut their budgets considerably; they're very militarized and they have leftover military equipment while a lot of other programs like education and public services budgets have shriveled up, all while the cops get increased funding. These other programs with slashed budgets improve society and reduce poverty; less poverty, less crime overall, so give them more money to invest in society. Cops are more of an investment for prisons. Abolish the police could mean remove them entirely or overhaul the institution for public safety to step in depending on who you ask.

There's definitely people saying they wanna get rid of police entirely when they say defund and people like FOX fearmongering about it. But a good way to look at defund is this: they've defunded education and we still have teachers, defunding police means we still have cops. They'll be less militarized as a result.

Well tbh I don't know you well enough to call you a racist and the post I'm quoting doesn't make me suspicious so right now I'll say so far so good. As for your rundown throw white supremacist and undercover cops in the mix and you got the gist of the free-for-all.

One problem is that racism isn't clear cut. Gwen went into detail about that so I'll move to my next response.

From my understanding, defund the police is getting equated with abolish the police. What defund is supposed to mean is to cut their budgets considerably; they're very militarized and they have leftover military equipment while a lot of other programs like education and public services budgets have shriveled up, all while the cops get increased funding. These other programs with slashed budgets improve society and reduce poverty; less poverty, less crime overall, so give them more money to invest in society. Cops are more of an investment for prisons. Abolish the police could mean remove them entirely or overhaul the institution for public safety to step in depending on who you ask.

There's definitely people saying they wanna get rid of police entirely when they say defund and people like FOX fearmongering about it. But a good way to look at defund is this: they've defunded education and we still have teachers, defunding police means we still have cops. They'll be less militarized as a result.
I mostly agree with you. However,

Defunding the police reduces their ability to help the community. Reform the police, so they are helping the community. You are right, reform includes demilitarize. The idea of this "new standard system of public safety" sounds dystopian and weird, you can't change my mind on that one (maybe it's just their wording but its weird.) The only people who want the police removed are criminals, if anyone says that they are instantly a criminal in my mind, if Black Lives Matter said that I would think of them as corrupt for the rest of my life. Also, the police are the most trusted group in America, followed by religion. And no, Fox News in not "fearmongering." They want people to be aware of the dangers of defunding the police.

Last edited:
The problem, at least by my understanding, is that enough people in positions of power/authority are discriminating against black people, or disproportionately targeting them
Can you name a few examples?

plus, you can't only base it on examples of people that you've met - not many people are going to openly admit that they're racist
Why not? In a racist society, being racist is politically correct. It's only because the vast majority of our society is against racism that being racist is taboo here.

Defunding the police reduces their ability to help the community. Reform the police, so they are helping the community. You are right, reform includes demilitarize. The idea of this "new standard system of public safety" sounds dystopian and weird, you can't change my mind on that one (maybe it's just their wording but its weird.) The only people who want the police removed are criminals, if anyone says that they are instantly a criminal in my mind, if Black Lives Matter said that I would think of them as corrupt for the rest of my life. Also, the police are the most trusted group in America, followed by religion. And no, Fox News in not "fearmongering." They want people to be aware of the dangers of defunding the police.
Reform includes having to retrain every single officer, they're trained to be predators and need significantly less time to study the paw than lawyers, which is blatantly seen when the police escalate things when they realize they're trying to arrest people who know they didn't commit crimes, Breonna Taylor's boyfriend comes to mind too. The idea of a new standard means to not have the police sent out for example, suicidal people but rather people who are trained to handle the situation like psychologists who won't respond with "Don't kill yourself or we'll shoot"

The police are not trusted in America as seen with all this, they're distrusted worldwide for their brutality, and religion isn't trusted either. Also, Foxnews was caught editing footage, that story about CHAZ you mentioned?
https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1271646807370719232?s=19
Yeah Fox lied hard about that

I disagree. The money that's not being funneled to the cops can go to public roads, parks, recreation centers, programs that address poverty and public housing, among other things. Crime mostly thrives in poor neighborhoods and places where there's not much opportunity for the people there besides crimes. If you reinvest in communities you'll cut crime down significantly, and the massive outcry for police reform makes me doubt they're a trusted institution, given the lack of accountability, outrageously light sentencings when rarely convicted, vids we've seen in the past few weeks, frequent discrimination and overall abuse of authority. That's far more dystopian than public safety, and it's the norm.

As for Fox listen closely to Lawrence Jones's segment:
https://youtu.be/RetPxyEfry4

"Should we keep the police department or defund the police department?" is his opening question to most. His dichotomy is should we keep them or defund them, implying that defund means they all go. It's a clever sleight of hand that can slip past people at first glance, and as you can see in that vid it works. There's an obvious difference between keeping, defunding and getting rid of (abolishing), but he's leaving out the distinction. Again, public education has been defunded, is public education gone? No, but it's been limited due to lack of funding, which would do well to stop an over militarized police force. Defund essentially means scaling back and that's what it should mean. This can end broken windows policing, limit the use of force, redo police training to emphasize de-escalation and undercut for-profit policing and for-profit prisons.

Should the police be abolished? No that's horribly ridiculous, but they need a multi-pronged restructuring so garbage like Chauvin never gets on the force. They need less money, community oversight, deescalation training and accountability.

Can you name a few examples?

Why not? In a racist society, being racist is politically correct. It's only because the vast majority of our society is against racism that being racist is taboo here.
Compare how the police felt the need to open fire at protesters and gas them to when people carried assault rifles to their governers to demand the country be re-opened during lockdown, how aggresively they threatened black children with toy guns compared to white school shooters, etc

If that was truly the case, then Trump would have never been president due to many racist acts he's commited in the past 50 years, including refusing to allow black people to stay at his hotels and demanding the death penalty for 5 innocent people who ended up turning up innocent after DNA tests ,Trump still insists those 5 people must have been guilty of the park ****, luckily the falsely accused never got the death penalty like Trump demanded

Also, go on google images and search 'professional male hair styles' and then 'unprofessional male hair styles'. Consider how a lot of natural nonwhite hairstyles are listed in the later and how for some reason, the professional ones show a lot more white people. It's so deep in worldwide culture it seems normal, like how I failed to realize how harmful an episode of the new Harley Quinn show was for the Jewish until a Jewish person helped explain. You're not a bad person for not knowing about the depths of the issues, but you are a bad person if you choose to ignore it after seeing it

To everyone saying "well why don't we just say All Lives Matter!" here's a good comic explaining why that would only dilute the message people want to get across:
While I definitely agree that all lives matter, I, as a white male, don't need to worry about getting murdered by the police in broad daylight. I recognize that privilege, and for that reason I advocate for others to have that privilege, because no one should have to fear for their life when faced with an institution designed to protect.

Definitely glad to see Smashboards come out in favor of this, because it's important. #BlackLivesMatter everyone.
You're implying that other ethnicities hardly if ever get brutalized by police. Ever heard of Tony Timpa? He's a man who died in a very similar fashion to George Floyd, but wasn't black so I never heard about him until seeing his name in the comments of a video covering the protests. I couldn't find anything on him when recently trying to search for his death on Google no matter how specific I got because I couldn't remember his name, all I got was articles about Floyd and black people being killed by police.

Of course what happened to Floyd and any other innocent person killed by police is horrible, it's hard to express how disgusted I feel over police's abuse of power as of late. It really seems to me like many people have this impression that non-blacks don't get brutalized and murdered by police for no good reason when that's just not the case, however. You're providing a good example. Floyd's death is as good a reason to protest police brutality as any, but please don't act like it's only something that happens to black people.

Last edited:
You're implying that other ethnicities hardly if ever get brutalized by police. Ever heard of Tony Timpa? He's a man who died in a very similar fashion to George Floyd, but wasn't black so I never heard about him until seeing his name in the comments of a video covering the protests. I couldn't find anything on him when recently trying to search for his death on Google no matter how specific I got because I couldn't remember his name, all I got was articles about Floyd and black people being killed by police.

Of course what happened to Floyd and any other innocent person killed by police is horrible, it's hard to express how disgusted I feel over police's abuse of power as of late. It really seems to me like many people have this impression that non-blacks don't get brutalized and murdered by police for no good reason when that's just not the case, however. You're providing a good example. Floyd's death is as good a reason to protest police brutality as any, but please don't act like it's only something that happens to black people.
I get what you mean, but historically speaking, it happens mostly to black people. Hell, France's most wellknown version of this was due to an 18 year old unarmed Arab getting executed in broad daylight, not a black man. It's not pretending that it only happens to black people, but it's drawing attention to how 9/10 times it happens, black people are the victims and get considerably worse punishments than white people as seen with Brock Turner when compared to people who're still stuck in jail for minor theft or smoking weed, the latter of which being legal now. I get your point and disagree, but I do understand you're not against the movement against police brutality unlike people I've seen who tried to pretend it isn't a problem at all, as removing the racial stuff changes this from the police being unlawful, racist serial killers to unlawful serial killers

historically speaking, it happens mostly to black people. Hell, France's most wellknown version of this was due to an 18 year old unarmed Arab getting executed in broad daylight, not a black man. It's not pretending that it only happens to black people, but it's drawing attention to how 9/10 times it happens, black people are the victims and get considerably worse punishments than white people as seen with Brock Turner when compared to people who're still stuck in jail for minor theft or smoking weed, the latter of which being legal now.
I'm talking about modern day, not historically. Historically most countries were also pretty racist until the last couple decades, so it figures there would be racist police who get away with killing black people for no real reason. I do agree black people getting harsher sentences for the same crime is unjust, obviously. People should be judged based on their history and actions as individuals, things like crime rate by ethnicity shouldn't have an impact on a single person's sentence.

I'm talking about modern day, not historically. Historically most countries were also pretty racist until the last couple decades, so it figures there would be racist police who get away with killing black people for no real reason. I do agree black people getting harsher sentences for the same crime is unjust, obviously. People should be judged based on their history and actions as individuals, things like crime rate by ethnicity shouldn't have an impact on a single person's sentence.
I fail to see what you mean with historically as the most recent in that post was 4 years ago, but yeah obviously police brutality is atrocious

I fail to see what you mean with historically as the most recent in that post was 4 years ago, but yeah obviously police brutality is atrocious
When you say "the most recent in that post" you mean the Brock Turner case? I was referring to victims of police brutality, not unjust prison sentences. I'm not in any way trying to argue that prison sentences that are overly lenient or overly harsh seemingly being given based on race is acceptable.

When you say "the most recent in that post" you mean the Brock Turner case? I was referring to victims of police brutality, not unjust prison sentences. I'm not in any way trying to argue that prison sentences that are overly lenient or overly harsh seemingly being given based on race is acceptable.
Yeah I worded that wrong, but it's a prime example of white privelidge which in turn, affects police brutality cases.

Oh I'm just discussing it as this is pretty important due to how deep the issues are while being unnoticable to people who don't know

You can virtue signal all you want, I don’t care, but don’t lump me in with this “support”. I don’t like BLM as a movement. They might as well be a religion with their daily rituals and practices (yes they do have these). Hands Up Don’t Shoot was based on a lie however many years ago it was, and now we have the CHAZ and Minneapolis precincts gone due to just one officer’s incompetence, which has been sensationalized by the media, and incited riots. You play your cards based on race and identitarianism, and this is what you get. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

There was a study from 2016 showing that black people are more likely to be killed by black cops (think this is a summary of it here https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/26/black-suspects-more-likely-to-be-shot-by-black-cop/). They make up 12-13% of the population and commit 50% of the violent crimes. White people on average, accounting for per capita, are shot and killed more than black men are. Black men also have a 2,000% more likelihood of being physically assaulted by another fellow black man, than it would be for a white man to assault a black man (from what I remember reading a while back).

I don’t want this violence either, but we should hold the people responsible for this, and not inflame the issue like the media has been. They should be charged to the fullest extent of the law. Putting all your weight, behind his neck with that officer’s knee, for nine minutes no less, was clear excessive force and brutality. Yes this exists, but there shouldn’t be a media firestorm, and everyone jumping on the virtue signaling bandwagon without looking at the facts. That’s all I’ve seen from major companies or places like this site, or **** even Dragon’s Den, supporting this crap. It’s just going to keep happening like the old Rodney King riots back in the day.

Last edited:
I hate to have to be the holder of unpopular opinions, but this really doesn't have anything to do with Smash, Nintendo, or video games in general. It's American politics.

I hate to have to be the holder of unpopular opinions, but this really doesn't have anything to do with Smash, Nintendo, or video games in general. It's American politics.
Multiple Smash youtubers and pro players are talking about it, Nintendo talked about it, many video game companies talked about it and it's a worldwide phenomenon, not just in America

All these must support it or they'll get bad press.
Or they agree on it. In the case of corporations, it means they consider the people who agree with the movement more valuable than those against it, which would mean the majority of people support the movement

Or they agree on it. In the case of corporations, it means they consider the people who agree with the movement more valuable than those against it, which would mean the majority of people support the movement
I never said they didn't. I said they had to, or they'd get bad press.

Multiple Smash youtubers and pro players are talking about it, Nintendo talked about it, many video game companies talked about it and it's a worldwide phenomenon, not just in America
Don’t mean to butt in your conversation here, but I would agree with the other poster saying it’s pretty much an American issue. While it is being talked about internationally, overseas countries are a lot more stringent when it comes to excessive force or especially firing a firearm. Like in England for example, but only one police car per city has an actual firearm. And if a gun is fired, there is a thorough investigation for it happening. Forget the name of the bureau that carries out the investigation though. Firearms aren’t as readily available for civilian use in other countries, plus here in the U.S., there’s millions of gun holding citizens. Just because of that alone you’ll find the excessive force used by police in the U.S. alone is significantly higher than in other countries (I’ll try to find those stats again later), and gun deaths, even outside those committed by officers, are staggering compared to other countries.

Don’t mean to butt in your conversation here, but I would agree with the other poster saying it’s pretty much an American issue. While it is being talked about internationally, overseas countries are a lot more stringent when it comes to excessive force or especially firing a firearm. Like in England for example, but only one police car per city has an actual firearm. And if a gun is fired, there is a thorough investigation for it happening. Forget the name of the bureau that carries out the investigation though. Firearms aren’t as readily available for civilian use in other countries, plus here in the U.S., there’s millions of gun holding citizens. Just because of that alone you’ll find the excessive force used by police in the U.S. alone is significantly higher than in other countries (I’ll try to find those stats again later), and gun deaths, even outside those committed by officers, are staggering compared to other countries.
This is blatant ignorance as Japan's protesting brutality on police discrimination after a recent case of it happening again there, France is protesting brutality on police discrimination after a recent case of it happening again there, it's happened in the Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand, it's happened everywhere. George Floyd wasn't killed by a gun, Adama Traore wasn't killed by a gun, Mitch Henriquez wasn't killed by a gun, etc. To act like guns are the only murder weapon cops use and to act like this is exclusively an American issue is to put your hands on your ears and to close your eyes

Can't believe some of the things I read here. Like it or not, if you're nitpicking this issue, you're a racist. And no, being racist doesn't just mean saying the n-word.

Last edited:
Can't believe some of the things I read here. Like it o not, if you're nitpicking this issue, you're a racist. And no, being racist doesn't just mean saying the n-word.
Gotta agree. I may believe every story has two or more angles but BLM is the single most important symbol of the fight against racism that we have going for us right now and the fact there's so many demonstrations globally is not an indication that people are just jumping on the bandwagon it's because the issue is so ingrained and spread so wide that that many people are affected by it and are tired of waiting for the courage to enable them to do something.

I mean you ever sit in a restaurant and hear someone say some whack ass **** about blacks are this or that? Did you get from your meal and confront them? Or did you tuck that away? Your soul remembers.... There's only such much hurt that can be perpetrated before even the most non confrontational people speak up. It's those that sit on the sidelines pointing out how everyone -else- must be wrong or wasting their time that you have to watch out for. Pray for them or do whatever you do, but remember those people because this is absolutely an issue where you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

This is blatant ignorance as Japan's protesting brutality on police discrimination after a recent case of it happening again there, France is protesting brutality on police discrimination after a recent case of it happening again there, it's happened in the Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand, it's happened everywhere. George Floyd wasn't killed by a gun, Adama Traore wasn't killed by a gun, Mitch Henriquez wasn't killed by a gun, etc. To act like guns are the only murder weapon cops use and to act like this is exclusively an American issue is to put your hands on your ears and to close your eyes
You completely missed my point by an overwhelming amount. I’m sayings it’s MORE of an American issue with guns. Nowhere at any point do I ever say it’s exclusive to guns, nor do I say they are the only factor in it. What I’m trying to tell you is that due to the widespread amount of firearms carried by civilians in the USA, you will find gun deaths are a lot more common as an example, even outside of police shootings. Nowhere at any point do I ever say “police brutality doesn’t happen in x country”, nor “guns are the only problem involved for police brutality”. Especially when it involves police brutality with firearms carried by the person/people being confronted by officers, or the officers themselves.

Get my points right and read carefully before you accuse me of false ****. And the people who liked that post. Smdh

I openly acknowledged how George Floyd died in a previous post, and that was with the officer’s knee dug into the back of his neck for nine straight minutes with the full force of the officer’s weight behind it. That is clear police brutality.

Gotta agree. I may believe every story has two or more angles but BLM is the single most important symbol of the fight against racism that we have going for us right now and the fact there's so many demonstrations globally is not an indication that people are just jumping on the bandwagon it's because the issue is so ingrained and spread so wide that that many people are affected by it and are tired of waiting for the courage to enable them to do something.

I mean you ever sit in a restaurant and hear someone say some whack ass **** about blacks are this or that? Did you get from your meal and confront them? Or did you tuck that away? Your soul remembers.... There's only such much hurt that can be perpetrated before even the most non confrontational people speak up. It's those that sit on the sidelines pointing out how everyone -else- must be wrong or wasting their time that you have to watch out for. Pray for them or do whatever you do, but remember those people because this is absolutely an issue where you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
I don’t like this line of thought at all in the last sentence. This is tribalism. “With us or against us”, or “with us or you’re a part of the problem.”

I don’t like BLM because it is an ideology I disagree with, and the actions taken by BLM are often violent right now, or based on a lie in the past like Hands Up Don’t Shoot. Or like when they jacked Bernie’s rally back a few years ago. They’ve consistently shown they will do what it takes what to convey their message...even by means of force or guilt. I fully support police reform and reducing deaths by officers through more thorough training, but violent anarchy is not the way to do this.

I don’t have to support BLM, but I can show my support through other means. I don’t have to do it through an organization/ideology. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Even if BLM is the biggest symbol of anti-racism at this point, it doesn’t inherently make it the best option either. Just take a look at the organization’s history.

Last edited:
Well yes. When it comes to racism you're either for it or against it. BLM is more now than just slogans or stances. It's three words that represent the understanding that African Americans have been uniquely targeted throughout this country's history. Every. Last. One. Has a target on their back (in the eyes of the enemy). Who is the enemy? Anyone who even briefly allows themselves to look at a black person and think I'm Better Than You.

Not everyone shoots at the target. Many just sit idly by or worse reap the benefits of not being black. How dare they. How dare anyone sleep at night knowing full well that in this country if you're black you are NOT free to enjoy the same life, liberty and pursuit as happiness as a white person.

BLM is not just about police either. It's about all the reasons that target is there and the discussion we're having by marching in protest, is simple. Get that target gone or face the consequences. And that's how it needs to be. This isn't some random uprising or isolated incident. This is an entire population who's had enough because the stink of it is everywhere and it just can't be ignored any more.

I have this sort of innate empathy, see, so when I see black people being subject to the vilest things at the hands of police, or anybody for that matter, I can't help but be shaken up about it. So I'm glad that so many people now are making a stand for this particular cause, and I hope things get a lot better for black people not just in America, but across the entire world. #BlackLivesMatter
You are right, my bad.

Any personal example of seeing police brutality?

Also the fact that Hungrybox accidentally said that black lives matter but all lives don't proves that the only thing to learn from him is how to play Puff

Top Bottom