• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Stack 3D

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
With Super Smash Bros. for 3DS released, as well as the homebrew loader for 3DS also released, I wanted to know if games could be modded. Some of you may remember the Smash 3DS Mod Proposal: The Great Character Revival thread. There was a little bit of negative feedback. However, the OP, Smoopy contacted me for artwork on the game's mod. I really wanted to help, so I recently went to GBAtemp for help with the mod. The feedback was both positive and negative. More of the latter. But, someone on the thread sparked an idea in my head. I can't remeber the username, but they said sometging along the lines of, the game hasn't been out for a year and hasn't had any mods yet, but you want to add characters? My idea is Smash Stack 3D. Similar to Smash Stack, the hackless method of loading mods in brawl, except that this will focus less on flaws of a custom system, and will take a one time use of Ninjhax. I realized that mods could not be loaded through the Homebrew Loader, as all non-japan-users will need cubic ninja's cartridge to play. I was thinking that a script will be made to load mods through the sd card. The script would be injected into Smash 3DS' mii data via Ninjhax Homebrew Loader (a homebrew app will need to be made for this), causing the mods to load if you open up a specific mii to customize. The modscript can be uninstalled through the new homebrew app, or you can delete the mii. In order to get this to work, knowledge on the games files will be needed, like how .pac and .pcs files were used in Brawl. All criticism is accepted. I will likely need a team for this. Members can consist of those who can develop 3DS Homebrew, those who have Cubic Ninja, and those who can look through the rom of SSB3DS

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I can't help,but I'll say I like the idea.It is a strong first step,and if successful,will open the door to hacking SSB 4(to an extent.)
It'll be difficult,but if every one says that 'no one has hacked SSB 4 yet',by that logic,how will it ever be hacked?Everyone will just wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting.
Best of luck.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I can't help,but I'll say I like the idea.It is a strong first step,and if successful,will open the door to hacking SSB 4(to an extent.)
It'll be difficult,but if every one says that 'no one has hacked SSB 4 yet',by that logic,how will it ever be hacked?Everyone will just wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting.
Best of luck.
Thanks. Brawl's mod community started somewhere. The same goes here. If this does become a reality, who knows what could come up, Project 3DM, Smash 4 Minus, Mod my 3D Waifu into smash. If so, do you think the mods would go to a new forum, or to Brawl Vault in a new page?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Thanks. Brawl's mod community started somewhere. The same goes here. If this does become a reality, who knows what could come up, Project 3DM, Smash 4 Minus, Mod my 3D Waifu into smash. If so, do you think the mods would go to a new forum, or to Brawl Vault in a new page?
I don't know about BrawlVault...
But as for here,probably only if a really big project came about,and got popular,like Project M.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Ok, so I looked into the 3DS sd card data, where the folders 1cbd339e0d8ab795227ab7124a5dcea9 and Private show up. Private is just filled with 3DS Sound data. The other though, contains another folder named 032c00ba4783a132534430320002544d. Within that are folders dbs, extdata, and title. Upon looking in the 3DS Settings, extdata must be extra data, created by the games, such as how miis and replays are stored. In it is a folder named 00000000. Inside of that is where everything is stored. Every game's extra data has its own id. In this case, Smash Bros. is 00000edf. Inside of that is once again, a folder titled 00000000. Upon opening it, there are files with multiple names (0000001d, 00000002, etc.). I copied that folder and placed it on my computer. I then proceeded to Play the game on my 3DS, and creating a new mii. I put the sd card back in the computer. A new file was made named 00000028. I copied that file and opened it with a hex editor. Now I need to know a way to convert hex into c code and vice versa.

Top Bottom