• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Cant believe I’m forgetting the most obvious one

:ultken: x :ult_terry:

Seriously where’s the Terry emoji?!

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
They'll probably add it when he officially drops. Or closer to the direct where he does.

Heartfelt Shadows

Smash Rookie
It's great to finally have an account, and I wanted to share some of my favorite ships. (Crack Included)
:ultsonic:x:ultinkling: This thread got it to my attention, and I love it.
:ultluigi:x:ultpalutena: This more or less came about from an RP I was doing with a friend of mine, and the thought just stuck with me
:ultjoker:x:ultbanjokazooie: This is purely crack, but it came to me when I was playing with a few friends, and someone said, "It's a Twink Fighting a Bear"....I'm sorry xD
:nessecho: x :ultrosalina: Hear me out on this. In my headcannon, Sans and Mii Gunner are two separate people (she insists Sans copies here, but he says he's just "borrowing") So anyway, Sans starts to feel homesick and ends up on-top of Smash Tower at night ( Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura fanfics gave me the location idea), where he meets Rosalina. They start talking about space for a while, and then....my ideas ran out. I just like the idea of it.
:ultpit:
x:ultzss: I'm not even gonna lie I started to warm up to the idea after reading through some of the posts on this thread. It's adorable how many way this could go, be it a sort of Sibling-like relationship, to a fluffy romantic one.
:ultsonic:x:ultmarth: Not as big as it once was, but this was one of my OTPs back in the Brawl days. My sister actually got me into it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ever since I started working on ideas for Daisy as a partner in my Paper Mario game ideas, i can’t get enough of these two:
I'm now getting this funny image in my head of Daisy being the one that has to rescue Luigi. Daisy being the brave one and hero and Luigi being the coward and damsel-in-distress.

That should be a game actually.

D

Deleted member

Ever since I started working on ideas for Daisy as a partner in my Paper Mario game ideas, i can’t get enough of these two:
That's a bizarre canine she has there.
Anyways, the best hetero I can think of is Joker x Bayo, the best Yaoi would be Incineroar x Lucario, and the best yuri is probably Peach x Samus, WFT x Inkling, and Zelda x Isabelle. Feel free to question any of these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's a bizarre canine she has there.
Anyways, the best hetero I can think of is Joker x Bayo, the best Yuri would be Incineroar x Lucario, and the best yuri is probably Peach x Samus, WFT x Inkling, and Zelda x Isabelle. Feel free to question any of these.
Think u meant yaoi there buddy

I won’t comment on the others but Peachmus is valid

falcon PUNCH!!!

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
sw-5103-3346-4530
seriously guys. Cap. Falcon X Samus.
also, Cloud X Female Corrin
Ken X Lucina
Palutena X Richter
and Zelda X Robin

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ok but :ultlucina:/:ultzelda:

at least, they could be really good friends.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I've come up with another ship idea...but one of the characters involved isn't in Smash. (She's a pipe dream of mine)
:ultinklingboy: has a crush on Giana (Giana Sisters series)...but he's too shy to ask her out.
:ultinkling: wants to help :ultinklingboy: work up the courage to ask out Giana...but she can't resist the chance to tease her friend for his crush.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
if KOS-MOS is FP5...

I can imagine :ultmegaman: having a one sided crush on KOS-MOS

Hedgehugs

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7897-0445-8488
guess ill go off about the shippy ships i like, most romantic and some platonic ones. i prob have more but it's like 5am and im tired

:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy: (probably my first girl/girl ship i ever... shipped? my current g/g otp. heard peeps talking about if their related or not but obviously i don't think so. if you can find officially stated and still canon facts that they're related then ill just off the side of the ship. these two are prob why im a sucker for girly girl/tomboy pairings)
:ultpeach:/:ultzelda: (preferably melee to sm4sh zelda (twilight zelda) but ult zelda also works.)
:ultpeach:/:ultsheik: (i know it's the same as above but still. they rocked it during brawl. it's cute to think peach makes sheik/zelda go all blushy blushy.)
:ultbayonetta:/:ultpalutena: (sexiest couple in smash. change my mind. also the fanwork for these two are fantastic. :ultpit: and :ultdarkpit: are definitely their children. )
:ultisabelle:/:ultvillagerf: (ac wiki states that isabelle sounds like she has a crush on the mayor, regardless of gender, so...)
:ultbayonetta:/almost every female honestly... she just makes good lesbo ship material.

:ultmario:/:ultpeach:(may be generic but you gotta admit mario does really care about the princess.. i actually really like if it is one-sided on mar's side ofc but mutual is fine.)
:ultbowser:/:ultpeach:(i mean, kinda the same as above, really. they're both v cute... and no mentions of bowsette here. yuck.)
:ultmario:/:ultdaisy: (my mario otp when i was a pre-teen. feel like if daisy wasn't stuck in spin-off hell her and mario would get along quite nicely.)
:ultpit:/:ultpalutena: (i remember back in the day you couldn't say you shipped this without getting roasted... still like it tho. i also approve of just a mother/son relationship between the two, it's just as fine.)
:ultinkling:/:ultvillager: (Don't know how I didn't consider this until now, considering they were also in MK8 together...)
:ultsonic:/:ultinkling: (two characters from my top 2 favorite video game series who have a rad 90's aura about them and can't swim??? sign me up for the cruise. also personality-wise these two would work reeeally well. feel like inkling would think he's cool and be a bit of a fangirl but sonic would also think inkling is cool so wouldn't mind it too much. definitely my hetero otp in smash. also works good as a big bro/ lil' sis type of pair.. why isn't there for material for these two???)
:ultsonic:/:ultisabelle:(hate shipped these two at first because i hated isabelle for getting in smash.... i was ignorant lol but it's not half bad now that im thinking about it... hmmm. maybe she'll teach sonic to slow down a bit. how cute.)
:ultfalcon:/:ultzss:/:ultsnake:(quite the nostalgic threesome. both sides had good fanworks during the brawl days but i was more for :ultsnake:/:ultzss: at the time. still kinda am.)
:ultwiifittrainer:/:ultdoc: (how this not more popular big smh. fitness couple goals.)
:ultmario:/:ultpalutena:(because of a previous page, though, maybe because it lowkey reminds me of mario/pauline, another pair i love.)
:ultike:/:ultzss: (one of my friend's otp, and i can see why. art for them are good and their personalities make this a pair that isn't just all cute romantic but a respectable relationship. also seeing them talk about their struggles together is nice.)
:ultlink:/:ultzelda:(i almost forgot to put this smhhh. also generic but it's good. they were too cute in skyward sword and botw. im gonna guess their dynamic is different in smash because their different timelines. idk how it would work but i'll ship it anyway.
:ultbrawler:/:ultgunner:(default brawler and gunner sound very cute. i imagine brawler is kinda like dark pit where he's forever grumpy or annoyed but has a soft spot for gunner.)

:ultfalcon:/:ultlittlemac:(actually can't come up with a reason for why i ship this... something about it i like tho.)
:ultcharizard:/:ultridley:/:ultyoshi:(s c a l i e p a r t y. more of a charidley person but gotta add yoshi for the 3rd wheel.)
:ultcorrin:/:ultjoker: (had friends who roleplayed with them and they made the ship look so good and cute... haven't played either of their games though lmao.)
:ultmario:/:ultbowser: (they're prob tsundere for each other haha. i've seen some cute arts for the ship so how can i not.)
:ultmario:/:ultmegaman: (for what was said on a previous page. can be pretty wholesome when you think about it. platonic.)
:ultolimar:/:ultfalcon: (the true nostalgic b/b pair. captainshipping i think it was called during the brawl days. i still enjoy it.)
:ultsonic:/:ultmario:(would be my otp... if it didnt make mario go to gay furry jail because of age difference. still makes for the best father/son relationship in smash.)
:ultsonic:/:ultpikachu:(insert my gross ass sobbing because of the world of light opening. heavily more platonic than romantic. since sonic already has a good friendship with another yellow adorable creature these two would get along finely. feel like sonic would be protective over pikachu and the same the other way around. they 100% take naps together.)
:ultsonic:/:ultinklingboy: (insert what i said for sonic/inkling above except this dude would be a total big "please sonic sign my hand and ill prob never wash it again" type of fanboy for sonic and we all know it. would be the ship to go around saying out of date lingo together. v cute.)
:ultsonic:/:ultsnake:(ik ik i have alot of sonic pairs in a row but bruh this pair is so good. lots of fanworks can make these two very sad or very funny. best of both words. also kinda more platonic than romantic.)
:ultsonic:/:ultmegaman:(okay kinda tired about talking about spiky ball the character but felt like i had to at least mention these two because they actually have 2!! crossover comics together. don't really have to talk about their relationship when the comic does it good. def a bro/bro relationship but idk how old mega man is. but maybe i can actually get behind this as ship.)
:ultsonic:/a bunch of the guys because i don't feel like typing forever about some blue hedgehog and his relationships to the boys (tm). sonic just has this big bro vibe (or lil bro/son depending on the character) to him so he just instantly gets along with a lot of the guys; including but not limited to; :ultpacman::ultness::ultlink::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultken::ultfalco::ultfox::ultike::ultjoker:.

:ultness:/:ultlucas:(not the biggest fan but ik someone who makes it look really cute. i have never played earthbound tho haha.. rip)
:ultryu:/:ultken:(if i actually played SF i know i'd ship 'em more but i don't so rip. still a nice pair)
:ulttoonlink:/:ultyounglink:(because selfcest is fun. more of a joke pair.)
:ultcloud:/:ultlink:(sword rival buddy pal thing. also they're both pretty blonde boys kinda so it's an instant win.)
:ultsonic:/:ult_terry:(...jk but i need an excuse to talk about sonic more before i post this. they're both right next to each other letter-wise and they're both boomers created around the same time. coincidence??? i think not.)

Anyways, what do you guys think of Falco x Isabelle?
honestly never thought about it until now. if we're talking about star fox gang then i'd probably ship her with wolf>fox>falco. sorry.

xLuGamesx

Smash Rookie
I'm not really a big on smash shipping anymore, but eh it's fun to think about when I'm bored or messing with ideas haha
Aight so, I'm seeing a lot of :ultpit:x:ultpalutena: and :ultpit:x:ultzss:but idk both of their relationships in my interpretation feels more like brother and sister sort of thing, and that is coming from someone who was a big :ultpit:x:ultzss:back in the ol'days
Now :ultpit:x:ultzelda: is pretty adorable I must say, especially since the Zelda from Ultimate is younger than previous Zeldas-
aLSO PIT SAID SHE WAS ADORABLE-
But that's just me

(btw, I'm only talking about Ultimate Zelda specifically, any other Pit with Zelda pairing from the other smash games would be weird to me)

Last edited:

johtrio

Smash Rookie
I'm not really a big on smash shipping anymore, but eh it's fun to think about when I'm bored or messing with ideas haha
Aight so, I'm seeing a lot of :ultpit:x:ultpalutena: and :ultpit:x:ultzss:but idk both of their relationships in my interpretation feels more like brother and sister sort of thing, and that is coming from someone who was a big :ultpit:x:ultzss:back in the ol'days
Now :ultpit:x:ultzelda: is pretty adorable I must say, especially since the Zelda from Ultimate is younger, than previous Zeldas, aLSO PIT SAID SHE WAS ADORABLE-
But that's just me

(btw, I'm only talking about Ultimate Zelda specifically, any other Pit with Zelda pairing from the other smash games would be weird to me)
u mention :ultpit:x:ultzelda: u have summoned me, the pitzel shipping Fool

if he's shipped w palutena or samus i'd see it
as a crush.. i cant see it as anything more than that lmao;;; (mostly for pit/samus less for pit/palu i cant see much for romantic honestly)

which is funny to me bc while i ship pitzel even more now i liked :pit:x:zelda: in brawl too but i was like a dumb 10 yr old hshdhhf but looking at it now it'd be just another crush thing so i'm glad zelda looks more around pit's age

Last edited:

Hedgehugs

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7897-0445-8488
:ultpit:/:ultzelda: sounds like a good pair i should've considered lmao.
wonder if there's any fanfics for them?? hmm... time to go searching...

on other news, since our homie :ult_terry: is out, any of you guys have any ships for him? i only mentioned :ult_terry:/:ultsonic: as an absolute joke.

Hedgehugs

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7897-0445-8488
No one 3rd wheels my boi :yoshi:
you're right. im treating him as bad as people who use him for an extra jump in mario games. our green boy deserves better.

ill pair the dude with the other green scalie character :ultkrool: unless another scalie character i like comes in.

johtrio

Smash Rookie
:ultpit:/:ultzelda: sounds like a good pair i should've considered lmao.
wonder if there's any fanfics for them?? hmm... time to go searching...

on other news, since our homie :ult_terry: is out, any of you guys have any ships for him? i only mentioned :ult_terry:/:ultsonic: as an absolute joke.
ao3 has.. some? but its the most depressing thing i've ever seen

only one looks promising. but i cant keep my hopes up,, damn i wish i could write (trust me i tried once. that is definitely not one of my skills lmaooo)
edit: ok i lied the fic is. Not Good. why am i not surprised? lol

Last edited:

xLuGamesx

Smash Rookie

Uhhmmm, I have some more joke ships or whatever, I can't take any of these seriously

:ult_terry:x:ultdaisy:
:ult_terry:x:ultfalcon:
:ult_terry:x:ultken: (Tho technically Ken is married or engaged but whO CARES :rotfl:) (P.S. I think there was a street fighter and fatal fury crossover before this idk)

There u go, more ships to tickle ur funnybone

SmashinglySimple

Smash Rookie
I wanna add more ships and platonic friendships I forgot to add way back!...So imma do that lol

:ultpit:+:ultpeach:+:ultness:+:ultdarkpit:+:ultlucas:+:ultlucina: They are all my mains but not in this specific order! I feel like they all have that family/friendship sitcom thing going on!

:ultlucina:x:ultdarkpit:+:ultlucas: I feel like :ultdarkpit: and:ultlucina: would have went to :ultlucas:about their feelings for one another (I like to think that almost everyone in smash would go to :ultlucas: for their problems since he "can handle things in a calm manner", they all say) and after the events of them getting together (in my universe at least lol...Or to anyone else that ships them!) the three would all hang out together. Especially since these three are all mainly serious people so I feel like they would get along well

:ultpeach:+:ultdarkpit: I like to think because they are complete opposites, they would be best bros and a very good dynamic "partners in crime" duo! But I feel like they would get along very well after a little while (:ultpeach: bugging :ultdarkpit: a lot but he grew to like her as a friend but he will never admit he thinks of her as one of the greatest friends he had) I feel like :ultpeach: would support:ultdarkpit: in anything he does (which is why he grew to think of her as his best friend...Which he refuses to admit lol)

:ultpeach:+:ultpit:+:ultness: basically the sunshine trio of my six mains. I feel like no matter how much trouble they all get into, they would all bear a smile on their faces. I like to think its super hard to get them upset so they would all make a great trio.

:ultpeach:x:ultzss: At first I wasnt big on this ship but seeing fan art and thinking about their dynamics made me begin to ship them! I like the idea of two strong women having each others backs!

:ultluigi:+:ultness:+:ultkingdedede: brawl trio. Their personalities just spark the words "Great friendship"

:ultfalcon:+:ultness: I feel like :ultness: just loves messing with :ultfalcon: in a friendly way and these two would make a good power duo.

:ultsnake:+:ultlucas: I feel like they can just read each other very well. Both would have that mutual understanding of each other and they would have that strong bond between the two from just a few words.

:ultpalutena:x:ultbayonetta: I like the contrast of these two and I feel like it would be constant flirty bickering and teasing.

:ultness:+:ultlucas:+:ulttoonlink: the main kid trio for me! I feel that once these three are all together, its just endless fun and destruction

:ultdaisy:+:ultdarkpit: I like to think they would cause alot of fun chaos together. They instantly click when they first meet so its just smooth sailing from there.

Sorry if this is long but I hope you all share any of the same platonic/romantic ships I do!

johtrio

Smash Rookie
I wanna add more ships and platonic friendships I forgot to add way back!...So imma do that lol

:ultpit:+:ultpeach:+:ultness:+:ultdarkpit:+:ultlucas:+:ultlucina: They are all my mains but not in this specific order! I feel like they all have that family/friendship sitcom thing going on!

:ultlucina:x:ultdarkpit:+:ultlucas: I feel like :ultdarkpit: and:ultlucina: would have went to :ultlucas:about their feelings for one another (I like to think that almost everyone in smash would go to :ultlucas: for their problems since he "can handle things in a calm manner", they all say) and after the events of them getting together (in my universe at least lol...Or to anyone else that ships them!) the three would all hang out together. Especially since these three are all mainly serious people so I feel like they would get along well

:ultpeach:+:ultdarkpit: I like to think because they are complete opposites, they would be best bros and a very good dynamic "partners in crime" duo! But I feel like they would get along very well after a little while (:ultpeach: bugging :ultdarkpit: a lot but he grew to like her as a friend but he will never admit he thinks of her as one of the greatest friends he had) I feel like :ultpeach: would support:ultdarkpit: in anything he does (which is why he grew to think of her as his best friend...Which he refuses to admit lol)

:ultpeach:+:ultpit:+:ultness: basically the sunshine trio of my six mains. I feel like no matter how much trouble they all get into, they would all bear a smile on their faces. I like to think its super hard to get them upset so they would all make a great trio.

:ultpeach:x:ultzss: At first I wasnt big on this ship but seeing fan art and thinking about their dynamics made me begin to ship them! I like the idea of two strong women having each others backs!

:ultluigi:+:ultness:+:ultkingdedede: brawl trio. Their personalities just spark the words "Great friendship"

:ultfalcon:+:ultness: I feel like :ultness: just loves messing with :ultfalcon: in a friendly way and these two would make a good power duo.

:ultsnake:+:ultlucas: I feel like they can just read each other very well. Both would have that mutual understanding of each other and they would have that strong bond between the two from just a few words.

:ultpalutena:x:ultbayonetta: I like the contrast of these two and I feel like it would be constant flirty bickering and teasing.

:ultness:+:ultlucas:+:ulttoonlink: the main kid trio for me! I feel that once these three are all together, its just endless fun and destruction

:ultdaisy:+:ultdarkpit: I like to think they would cause alot of fun chaos together. They instantly click when they first meet so its just smooth sailing from there.

Sorry if this is long but I hope you all share any of the same platonic/romantic ships I do!
:ultness:+:ultluigi:+:ultkingdedede: is my faaave! agh ... such an unexpectedly cute friendship

scottycj256

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1788 5030 7613
:ultmarth:X:ultlucina: haha incest jokes
:ultpit:X:ultdarkpit:
:ult_terry:X:ultzss:
:ultroy:/:ultcorrin:/:ultfalcon:/:ultjoker: X Any female
:ultsnake: X :GCB:
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter: X :GCB:

On a serious note, :ultshulk:X:ultrosalina: and :ultsnake:X:ultzss: look nice
Also :ultbayonetta:X:ultpit:and:ultdarkpit: is best OTP

Last edited:

johtrio

Smash Rookie
i wish we got more subspace like cutscenes in WoL .. coulda had more :ultluigi:+:ultness:+:ultkingdedede: moments. they definitely had eachothers backs when wario was being an ass in the last half of subspace lmao

Top Bottom