• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

johtrio

Smash Rookie
i thought i didnt have any but :ultpokemontrainer: + :ultlucas: has always been a fave friendship of mine !!
it made me so glad when they brought back the pkmn trainer i was like: hey lucas' friend is back! lmao (ever since subspace? Do Not Separate Them)

bonus: :ultlink::ultike::ultmarth::ultroy::ultpit: was also another fave of mine way back lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess I'm still one of the very few :ultpit:x:ultzss: supporters out there, huh? At this point, I kinda wish there'd be some proper recent art of them one day, and I'm still hoping I can inspire such with my ideas somehow.

(To clarify, I support different views of em, including shipping, big sis/little bro, and BrOTP, which pretty much is like super close friends.)

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm still one of the very few :ultpit:x:ultzss: supporters out there, huh? At this point, I kinda wish there'd be some proper recent art of them one day, and I'm still hoping I can inspire such with my ideas somehow.

(To clarify, I support different views of em, including shipping, big sis/little bro, and BrOTP, which pretty much is like super close friends.)
My Eight/Guv x :ultsamus: is also of super close friends.

And yeah, I wish my ship had any kind of fan art.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I wonder, have you tried making a short story for people to read and know what the ship/friendship is about and how it works or how is that you see it? In my case (again, that how I began, it is not the same way for everyone, I know) , I bagan with illustrations and then the writings for the 2 ships I have created and maintained over the years. And creating story drafts is pretty fun, and sometimes even less stressful to convey than an illustration.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I can relate so much. For years I've wanted my ship to get some art and attention, and I have the ideas all ready for sure, but I can't draw, and Smash snapshots are not enough. Basically you're doomed without commissions or the ability to draw (both that I can't do). Still, I want to inspire, and it'd be a blessing if I can find the right artists who'd be up for requests in a way, and that alone is hard to find.
I can only wish us both luck on our quests, and for me to bring Pit/Samus justice to the world, with plenty of wholesome ideas and more.

D

Deleted member

My ship just boils down to both being huge pals and kicking ass on space and western fantasy adventures.

Maybe I could try drawing something of my own first, although it may not be of awesome quality.

AndreaAC

My ship just boils down to both being huge pals and kicking *** on space and western fantasy adventures.

Maybe I could try drawing something of my own first, although it may not be of awesome quality.
:3 That sounds like fun, really!

...Amigo mio, please, don't worry about the "quality" you might get, just do it because you want to. When I did the very first illustration that gave origin to my Ridsalina ship, it was NOTHING like what I do today, and for me to get to where I am now, took years, not a couple of hours or days, years. And I am still not satisfied with the results. But, I just had to start somewhere. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have improved nor I would have decided to develop my ship more. I am not good at writing, either in Spanish or English, and I got friends that are AMAZING writers (and they also struggled), and they inspired me to try, and I did, but I know I still to work on it, just like I do with drawing.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ship progress.png

@JDCabrera XD See? I found the very first drawing that game origin to my ship. As you can see, it is very rushed sketch. I had done it just after I saw Rosalina revealed back in the Smash4 Era. It just came to me, it didn't had any kind of story behind it. The only thing that made me do it was because I loved both characters. And well, Rosalina was playable, but Ridley wasn't...though that didn't stop me from making that drawing anyway. xD

xD I posted that drawing sometime after I joined the boards which was in February of 2014, and it was when I decided to continue with the idea and declare it a ship despite...it not being everyone's cup of tea. I took the risk and even if I went through ups and downs with it (mostly because my own self), I kept going, just like with the other ship I have (But its not related to Smash or Nintendo). xD I got a drawing tablet in 2014, but I was so afraid to use it (really) that I kept doing drawings in the tiny DSi XL that was broken from the screen...and I don't know, I thought it was good back then. That doodle there is what started the idea of Rosalina putting an ice pack on Ridley to help him with headaches or pain.

I kept practicing with the tablet and now I cannot be without it, I just work smoothly with it. But I know I should keep traditional as a second option and not depend entirely on the computer.

The recent drawing of 2 days ago, was something I wanted to do after the idea of Dr.Rosalina was confirmed real. And yet, it took me days to do a rough sketch, not even inked one.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
View attachment 232056
@JDCabrera XD See? I found the very first drawing that game origin to my ship. As you can see, it is very rushed sketch. I had done it just after I saw Rosalina revealed back in the Smash4 Era. It just came to me, it didn't had any kind of story behind it. The only thing that made me do it was because I loved both characters. And well, Rosalina was playable, but Ridley wasn't...though that didn't stop me from making that drawing anyway. xD

xD I posted that drawing sometime after I joined the boards which was in February of 2014, and it was when I decided to continue with the idea and declare it a ship despite...it not being everyone's cup of tea. I took the risk and even if I went through ups and downs with it (mostly because my own self), I kept going, just like with the other ship I have (But its not related to Smash or Nintendo). xD I got a drawing tablet in 2014, but I was so afraid to use it (really) that I kept doing drawings in the tiny DSi XL that was broken from the screen...and I don't know, I thought it was good back then. That doodle there is what started the idea of Rosalina putting an ice pack on Ridley to help him with headaches or pain.

I kept practicing with the tablet and now I cannot be without it, I just work smoothly with it. But I know I should keep traditional as a second option and not depend entirely on the computer.

The recent drawing of 2 days ago, was something I wanted to do after the idea of Dr.Rosalina was confirmed real. And yet, it took me days to do a rough sketch, not even refined one.
LMAO the first one. I love Samus' reaction.:joyful:

Last edited:

johtrio

Smash Rookie

n here i thought :ultzelda:x:ultpit: felt like a rare pair (well it is) but i do see that it gets just a tiny bit of love here n there.

i havent drawn seriously in a long while but if i had a tablet i would draw u smth of :ultzss:+:ultpit: i think u rlly deserve some content of them lol (plus i just rlly love pit haha)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
n here i thought :ultzelda:x:ultpit: felt like a rare pair (well it is) but i do see that it gets just a tiny bit of love here n there.

i havent drawn seriously in a long while but if i had a tablet i would draw u smth of :ultzss:+:ultpit: i think u rlly deserve some content of them lol (plus i just rlly love pit haha)
:ultzelda::ultpit: is rare, but I have a feeling it might slightly grow in popularity mostly because of that Palu guidance entry (well, I think they usually consider them like good friends), and people eat those random things up. :ultzss::ultpit: technically have some things, but it just feels like it's not noticed, and those two are paired up with almost any character except well... Pit/Samus, and it just never catches on, and that's what gives me sadness and anger trying to present it with many ideas, and gain little to no followers, and no art.

I'd take you up on your offer whenever, just let me know.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
:ultzelda::ultpit: is rare, but I have a feeling it might slightly grow in popularity mostly because of that Palu guidance entry (well, I think they usually consider them like good friends), and people eat those random things up. :ultzss::ultpit: technically have some things, but it just feels like it's not noticed, and those two are paired up with almost any character except well... Pit/Samus, and it just never catches on, and that's what gives me sadness and anger trying to present it with many ideas, and gain little to no followers, and no art.

I'd take you up on your offer whenever, just let me know.
Samus is a grown up woman while Pit is a teenager (plus I've heard somewhere that he has a body of a 13 years old, so yeah). Zelda x Pit make more sense because the two have joyful personality, so they can get along well.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Samus is a grown up woman while Pit is a teenager (plus I've heard somewhere that he has a body of a 13 years old, so yeah). Zelda x Pit make more sense because the two have joyful personality, so they can get along well.
You don't know how many times I've gotten the "Pit is a teen" argument (and sometimes they flame me when they mention it)... and that's probably what drives em away. I always have to keep telling them that he's at least 28 after the events of Uprising. For those who played Kid Icarus Uprising, the thing Medusa says about "It's only been 25 years" implies that Pit's at least 25 though he's definitely a bit older, especially since the game also has a 3-year time skip moment too. So in reality, though Pit appears to be 13 physically, he's definitely at least 28 after the events of Uprising. Something bout being an angel or something regarding this.

To also consider, there are different forms of shipping too. For example, there's standard shipping and platonic, the latter pretty much meaning no romance involved, and could be considered the friend one. I do support different variations of Pit/Samus (mostly the big sis/little bro and close friend style), but the fact that there's many different ships exist while Pit/Samus just doesn't exist much no matter how much I try to bring it justice just makes me sad and angry a lot. Besides, some ships can be interesting with the right ideas, and I've been thinking of ideas for years... it's just hard to express it without art to share (and I don't/can't draw or commission), and my Smash snapshots just don't have that same impact, let alone I have ideas that are better, but can't happen via Smash snapshots; they need to be drawn.
I'll still wish :ultpit::ultzss: gets the proper attention and justice it deserves one day though, and maybe I'm the one to help start a chain reaction with my creative ideas to inspire others.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey, no shame in having a rare underloved ship. That's pretty much how I feel with Falconcina, I really do wish it was more popular and had more content for it. I'm updating my fic, but reviews and faves are slowing down, there's not a lot of fics on FFN or AO3, and close to no art. I take some screenshots in Smash Ultimate and they get some likes but... it just ain't the same. I wish I had more money to commission art of them, mainly based on my fic.

On a side note I'm deadass surprised :ulthero:/:ultjoker: ain't a thing yet

D

Deleted member

x3 Hey, that's great! xD Now I wonder, would the lil' Metroid hatchling and that hamster that the guy has in his pocket get along? :p
Munchie and the Baby Metroid may get along pretty well, yeah.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In terms of friendships I can see :ultisabelle: and :ultinkling: having an adorable friendship

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yoooo Palumon, I approve

There’s this artist on Tumblr that draws cute little Simon/Palutena comics... scribblehooves or something, I’ll have to check

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
:ultkirby:x:ultjigglypuff:

And of course

:ultfalcon:x:ultsamus:

I owe my enjoyment of these ships to a certain wonderful old fan webcomic. You're very unlikely to ever catch me shipping anyone else in the Smash universe. Crossover shipping just isn't really my thing.

Top Bottom