• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, didn't stopped fans who ships anyone with :ultmarth:.
I know...

But most fans' first introduction to Marth didn't really reference his bride.

Meanwhile, Ken has his wife and child right in SF2.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ivysaur:x:ultpiranha: ... Now I feel like a closed minded piece of **** that's putting them together because I think "Plants belong together"

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Here's some more Incineroar x Lucario, I think I'm starting to like these two together despite Mewtwo x Lucario being my OTP.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Surprised :ultsnake:/:ultbayonetta: hasn’t gotten a lot of traction tbh

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Here are my Ultimate ships (pun totally intended). I'll start with the obvious picks:
:ultlink:x:ultzelda: - The White Knight and the Royal Princess. I'm a sucker for this cliche fantasy couple.
:ultmario:x:ultpeach: - The Plumber and the Princess. Yeah, I know, real original.
:ultluigi:x:ultdaisy: - The Timid Man and the Tomboyish Flower. Opposites attract, after all.

Now for picks that I think have a unique dynamic. The headcanon I have for them involves a pretty massive backstory, so I'll give you the long story short:
:ultshulk:x:ultrosalina:= The Kind Researcher and the Celestial Sorceress. Shulk wants to explore different universes and races to study them, and Rosalina needs another guardian to help watch over her Lumas. Shulk can get caught up in his research at times, but he and Rosalina deeply care for the whole group.
:ultryu:x:ultwiifittrainer:= The Wandering Warrior and the Yoga Master. Ryu constantly tenses up in his fights, so Wii Fit Trainer is here to help him recenter himself. I could see these two hanging out a lot whenever Ryu finishes fighting for the day and Wii Fit Trainer finishes recording training exercises.
:ultpit:x:ultlucina:= The Angel of Light and the Warrior of Fate. I don't really have anything headcanon-wsie: I just think Pit and Lucina simply look cute together.

Bonus ship cause why not:
:ultlucina:x:ultshulk:= The Defiers of Destiny. Both have the power to change the future, so why not do it together?

Last edited:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
At first I wasn't into it but now... I ship these two...

:ultsamus: X :ultsnake:

The idea of a bounty hunter and a soldier of war bonding over the loss of many friends and family and becoming each other's support system is too sweet for me.

D

Deleted member

:ultshulk:X:ultsamus: because I like the idea of Shulk nerding out over her suit and comparing it to the Monado and I feel like she would be falttered but not show it and it would be very cute

Also this one is kinda weird but...

:ultlink:X:ultmarth:

They're both legendary heroes and the poster swordboys for Smash, so why not
also they're both twinks

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Something I've found quite cute for a while would be, uhh, hmmmm….Shovel Knight and Mario? Probably as a more one-sided crush thing, with humble Shovel Knight really admiring the famous Mario, and feeling so honored to fight alongside him. Mario must've welcomed him with open arms.

they're both cute and funny little guys : )

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I now suddenly am warming up to :ultshulk:/:ultzss: and :ultshulk:/:ultbayonetta:

Shulk likes him some cougars (and Fiora of course)

DexxWolfu

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to contribute to the odd pairings list

:ultness:+:ultlucas: (This is just cute I'm sorry)
:ultness:+:ultyounglink: (This is from a headcannon that I have that YL and Ness were friends back in melee and kinda got closer in Ultimate) (I need to find a fanfic or an image about these two because this ship is almost surpassing the first one)
:ultkirby:+:ultjigglypuff: (I mean two pink gumballs together is the custest thing ever)
:ultpit:+:ultdarkpit: (I don't necessarily ship this two as a couple but seeing them together is interesting)
:ultlittlemac:+:ultzss: (I started shipping these two after I read some comics about them and I thought it was hilarious)

:ultness:+:ulttoonlink:+:ultvillager:+:ultyounglink:+:ulticeclimbers:+:ultinkling:+:ultlucas: (I think it's pretty obvious since they're all kids trying to have fun annoying everyone in their path)
:ultpacman:+:ultsonic:+:ultmario:+:ultmegaman: (Also this gang. They probably be best friends with one another and supporting each other)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about :ultcloud:/:4corrinf:? Saw some decent fanfics with them

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
I've become a sucker for :ultyounglink: x :ultinkling: recently, i'd imagine :ultinkling: is in denial of her feelings and tries to hate him while :ultyounglink:is oblivious to any of it

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh man that gives me an idea

:ultinkling:/:ultness:

It’s the “I want Senpai to notice me” kinda relationship but the female is the Senpai this time

I’d like to see it drawn

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
:ultrichter:X:ultlucina:
Richter and Lucina both have famous gramps, both were tasked with fighting the same monster as their family, both are Echoes.
Definitely the epitome of "my ancestor can beat up yours"

:ultchrom:X:ultrobin:
The're actually two different Chroms in the Smash mansion or whatevs. One is Playable Male Robin's Final Smash's and one is the playable one/Female Robin's Final Smash/Lucina's Father

:ultdaisy:-related ships:

:ultdaisy:X:ultluigi:
Have been on the occasional date in the past, but are friendly exes during Smash Ultimate
(As far as "friendly" goes when it comes to Daisy in a competition)

:ultdaisy:X:ultken:
Hella one-sided from Daisy's side, but fire-punchy second-fiddles is Daisy's type.
Ken is married with his wife during the events of Smash Ultimate.

:ultdaisy:X:ultdarkpit:
With Dark Pit in Viridi's ranks, this flower power couple went from rivals to friends to lovers over the course of Smash Ultimate's competition after Daisy got over her childish crush on Ken.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Since I’m strongly considering co-using them as secondaries, I’ll say :ultsonic: x :ultisabelle:. Amy’s not gonna be too happy about that though; expect a giant Dedede spirit battle or something...

Also I’ve been shipping :ultryu: x :ultlucina: since the last game since Lucina’s voiced by Laura Bailey who also voices Chun-Li.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Roy and literally anyone he wants because he's too fire to have to choose just one. But actually :ultroy:XLeaf (female Pokemon trainer doesn't have a stock icon yet?...) because they should be near-ish the same age (15 and maybe 13 or so?) and both seem pretty confident but nice.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh man the craziest idea popped into my head: another Assist Trophy Ship

Spring Man/Yuri Kozukata

I call it... SpringLily

PF9

Smash Lord
Little Mac/Lucina

They come from different worlds, but nothing can stand in the way of this ship.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit:x:ultzelda: due to the guidances
Still :ultpit:x:ultpalutena:/:ultzss:/:ultbayonetta:
:ultpit:x:ultrichter:...but in a friendship way (same with :ultsonic:x:ultpikachu: and :ultridley:x:ultkrool:)
:ultroy:x:4roy: due to Sakurai
:ultlucina:x:ultrichter:
:ultsheik:x:ultsnake:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would say :ultyoshi: x Joker now that he's in, but I know absolutely jack **** about him and Persona 5...
Joker is into anything that moves and female, so Yoshi might have a chance.

Last edited:

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I like to pair Peach with Fox because I think it was stated that they both have pure hearts once.
I know people gonna hate this one, but I always like Mario X Daisy together, me and my sister agree they just look so good and go so well together.
Opposites don't always attract, sometimes people will seek people who are similar.

Last edited:

Lusa

Smash Rookie
Hello. :kirby: Gonna drop my OTP riiight here.
:marthmelee: x :zeldamelee:, :ultmarth: x :ultzelda:, or :ultmarth: x :ultsheik:
But I honestly like Marthy Marth with OoT Zelda more. They just have gone through the same shiz and would understand each other's struggles. It'll never be popular though.
I've shipped them since I got Melee when I was ten lol. 2005 was wild.

Overall, any incarnation of Zelda is cute with him. I'm not including Toon Zelda lol.
Don't shoot me tho, I know who Caeda is and have actually played a lot of FE, especially Marth's games. I also don't hate her so I'm not some rabid fangirl. She's cool, I just don't care for canon. :ultchrom: x :4robinf: being the only exception. It's potentially canon :awesome: I love them

I also got love for :ultike: x :ultzss:, :ultrichter: x :ultlucina:, and :ultsnake: x :ultbayonetta: I just think they're neat.

I have a few joke/crack ships too like
:ultpichu: x :ultincineroar:,:ultkrool: x :ultbayonetta:, and :ultisabelle: x :ultfox:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Alright fellas can someone explain to me where the **** this :ultinkling: x :ultyounglink: came from.

Also I normally thing that :ultlink: x BOTW Zelda is the best in any video game but :ultlink: x :ultzelda: isn't bad.

Also y'all don't know what you're talking about these are the best ships

Last edited:
Top Bottom