• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll bite. Why do you love it so much? I love it because Pit is a sweetheart and Samus can be construed as an idol to Pit (didn't he say he was a fan of Metroid in Uprising?). Plus Samus is really stoic yet has a nurturing side as shown with the baby Metroid. Still, I like a more little bro/big sis relationship. How do you feel about it?
It's a special ship deep in my heart in a way. Granted, I was slightly blind back then with shipping Pit with many females, but Pit/Samus has grown to be special, and part of it refers to the game history of old. Things to know:

1: Both Metroid and Kid Icarus first came to be in 1986, August 6th and December 19th respectively.
2: Both the first games were pretty much on the same game engine, and shared the same producer, Gunpei Yokoi (You can find this fact by searching the Wikis, specifically on both the first games). They have been considered sibling/sister franchises because of the first two reasons.
3: The various Metroid references in KI:U alone.
-The Komaytoes, which in JP translate to "little Metroids". There's even a Pit and Viridi talk regarding them somewhere, too.
-On a smaller scale regarding similar enemies, there's Space Pirates, even though they are nothing like the Space Pirates from the Metroid franchise.
-Not completely a reference, but the Cannon class weapons in Uprising may have similarities to Samus and her Arm Cannon. Well, it's an idea at least.

So overall, with the right ideas, Pit and Samus can be either big sis/little bro, close friends, or just a ship. For me, I don't mind either of the 3. As for bonding with each other, consider Pit's kind, selfless, and upbeat personality, also willing to put his life on the line to protect those he greatly cares about. This could get Samus to warm up to him. At the same time, Samus can be what you said earlier. Should would care and support him, protecting him from great danger and vice versa and are fully capable of doing so. There's much more to me liking the ship than this, but that's the basics, through history within the franchises to say the least.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a special ship deep in my heart in a way. Granted, I was slightly blind back then with shipping Pit with many females, but Pit/Samus has grown to be special, and part of it refers to the game history of old. Things to know:

1: Both Metroid and Kid Icarus first came to be in 1986, August 6th and December 19th respectively.
2: Both the first games were pretty much on the same game engine, and shared the same producer, Gunpei Yokoi (You can find this fact by searching the Wikis, specifically on both the first games). They have been consider sibling/sister franchises because of the first two reasons.
3: The various Metroid references in KI:U alone.
-The Komaytoes, which in JP translate to "little Metroids". There's even a Pit and Viridi talk regarding them somewhere, too.
-On a smaller scale regarding similar enemies, there's Space Pirates, even though they are nothing like the Space Pirates from the Metroid franchise.
-Not completely a reference, but the Cannon class weapons in Uprising may have similarities to Samus and her Arm Cannon. Well, it's an idea at least.

So overall, with the right ideas, Pit and Samus can be either big sis/little bro, close friends, or just a ship. For me, I don't mind either of the 3. As for bonding with each other, consider Pit's kind, selfless, and upbeat personality, also willing to put his life on the line to protect those he greatly cares about. This could get Samus to warm up to him. At the same time, Samus can be what you said earlier. Should would care and support him, protecting him from great danger and vice versa and are fully capable of doing so. There's much more to me liking the ship than this, but that's the basics, through history within the franchises to say the least.
That's really sweet, and the meta only adds to it. I imagine Pit also would encourage Palutena to become friends with Samus.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's really sweet, and the meta only adds to it. I imagine Pit also would encourage Palutena to become friends with Samus.
It's possible, but I always feel Samus should generally just be Pit's friend, a very close one that is. Always wanted em to teach each other new things, and combat practice and such.

A thing I forgot to mention in the other post was that Pit and Samus also had Tetris cameos, playing the Violin and Bass (I think?) respectively, so if one wanted to think of a musical theme or something, that fact is there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Um, :ultike:x:ultmetaknight:x:ultmarth:...yeah.
Also :ultpeach:x:ultsamus:x:ultzelda: might be interesting, too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's possible, but I always feel Samus should generally just be Pit's friend, a very close one that is. Always wanted em to teach each other new things, and combat practice and such.

A thing I forgot to mention in the other post was that Pit and Samus also had Tetris cameos, playing the Violin and Bass (I think?) respectively, so if one wanted to think of a musical theme or something, that fact is there.
You...I like you and this ship of yours...you preach some more

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You...I like you and this ship of yours...you preach some more
You can count on me to bring :ultpit: x :ultzss: justice the best I can (though I wish there was more art of them together). I've also been thinking of crossovers, including both of em in the Monster Hunter universe (Samus is set easily as there's DLC of her armor/zero suit and arm cannon) for one of my many ideas, and even Samus experiencing Pit's world, with Grind Rails (which she may fall off), having her own custom cannon and all.

Then there's Pit and Samus practicing together, giving each other battle lessons (Pit teaching Samus how to use a Bow, Samus teaching Pit some hand-to-hand combat (in case someone steals his weapons)). Other ideas pretty much include being partners, or simple IRL activities, like a water ride or sitting under a tree for shade during Summer, competing with each other, and more. I'm always open to share more whenever there's interest.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
You can count on me to bring :ultpit: x :ultzss: justice the best I can (though I wish there was more art of them together). I've also been thinking of crossovers, including both of em in the Monster Hunter universe (Samus is set easily as there's DLC of her armor/zero suit and arm cannon) for one of my many ideas, and even Samus experiencing Pit's world, with Grind Rails (which she may fall off), having her own custom cannon and all.

Then there's Pit and Samus practicing together, giving each other battle lessons (Pit teaching Samus how to use a Bow, Samus teaching Pit some hand-to-hand combat (in case someone steals his weapons)). Other ideas pretty much include being partners, or simple IRL activities, like a water ride or sitting under a tree for shade during Summer, competing with each other, and more. I'm always open to share more whenever there's interest.
Did you see that diabetes inducing picture I put up of Samus piggybacking Pit? They look so happy! >w<

I'm really not into shipping at all, but I make an exception for Pit for some reason. IDK why other than him being adorkable and relatable, but I've seen many of those types of characters in stuff like Avatar and MLP with communities that ship characters from here to there yet I never understood the appeal. But my sweet boy Pit is the one exception. Is that weird?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Did you see that diabetes inducing picture I put up of Samus piggybacking Pit? They look so happy! >w<

I'm really not into shipping at all, but I make an exception for Pit for some reason. IDK why other than him being adorkable and relatable, but I've seen many of those types of characters in stuff like Avatar and MLP with communities that ship characters from here to there yet I never understood the appeal. But my sweet boy Pit is the one exception. Is that weird?
The pic isn't there, but I believe from the way you described it, it also had ice cream being held by one of the characters.

Worry not. During all my times, pretty much all my ships had Pit in it. It's just I've changed my views and the number of ships I have over time, and Pit/Samus is just such top quality yet underrated with little content. Basically Pit's personality is just that amazing, sweet, and as you said, adorkable... but he's no weakling either, and would be willing to endanger himself to protect those he greatly cares about, making him superb for support. With Samus he has someone that will protect him and vice versa and someone he can learn things from. There's much more ideas I have stored, but again.... I'm just wishing there's ways to encourage or inspire new art of the ship to happen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Nintendo needs to get to work on a :ultpit:x:ultzss: adventure right now

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nintendo needs to get to work on a :ultpit:x:ultzss: adventure right now
I wouldn't mind a new KI adventure (maybe RPG) game of sorts so that not only would we be able to explore the KI world more, but Samus would be that special guest. It'd be perfect to see them fight stuff together, create team combos, hate new equipment inspired by the other, and other lovely buffs. Unfortunately I feel poor Pit and Sammy will often be ignored (save for the upcoming Metroid Prime 4), but they wouldn't forget each other, being the amazing friends they are.

Btw, would posting certain Smash snapshots, within reason, which features the ship, be okay (in spoilers perhaps)? I know I got a recent s4 one of Pit and Sammy (with a Rocket Belt) flying in the sky together for example, or I can just share with others who like the :ultpit:x:ultzss: ship like I do via PM or something. But again, I'm very happy others around here like the ship because I've felt alone and/or weird sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, and another old idea I had: :ultsamus: + :ultpit: with EZ Cannon = Arm Cannon buddies (Or Pit can just get a Cherubot and say that's his Power Suit)!

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Just glancing around at the roster, here's some random ones. I won't say any same-game ships though.

:ultridley:+:ultinkling: Ridley and Inkling are a ship born out of their love for combat and destroying stuff. Gotta say, didn't expect Inklings to be so vicious before I played Splatoon.
:ultridley:+:ultpichu: Ridley and Pichu is mainly for the lols, but I think Ridley can get behind someone who lives for battling and packs a surprisingly strong punch for such a tiny creature and love it's determination to harm the opponent to the point where it'll hurt itself. That's some strong dedication to inflicting damage on someone there.
:ultjigglypuff:+:ultkirby: Assuming Jigglypuff can get over Kirby sleeping during her songs. Kirby sleeps a lot. Otherwise, a ship too cute for me to enjoy.
:ultsonic:+:ultfalco: 2 cocky guys always insulting each other and trying to 1 up each other.
:ultlittlemac:+:ultryu:They are always training for the next match. The fight is everything.
:ultbayonetta:+:ultfalcon:Being awesome, cheesy and in style.
:ultzss:+:ultsnake: Based on my limited knowledge of Metal Gear and Other M, Snake can fill the same role but be even better for Samus than Adam.
:ultrobin+:ultshulk: Nerds
:ultyoshi:+:ultlink: Only makes sense that Link would want to ride Yoshi.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wouldn't mind a new KI adventure (maybe RPG) game of sorts so that not only would we be able to explore the KI world more, but Samus would be that special guest. It'd be perfect to see them fight stuff together, create team combos, hate new equipment inspired by the other, and other lovely buffs. Unfortunately I feel poor Pit and Sammy will often be ignored (save for the upcoming Metroid Prime 4), but they wouldn't forget each other, being the amazing friends they are.

Btw, would posting certain Smash snapshots, within reason, which features the ship, be okay (in spoilers perhaps)? I know I got a recent s4 one of Pit and Sammy (with a Rocket Belt) flying in the sky together for example, or I can just share with others who like the :ultpit:x:ultzss: ship like I do via PM or something. But again, I'm very happy others around here like the ship because I've felt alone and/or weird sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, and another old idea I had: :ultsamus: + :ultpit: with EZ Cannon = Arm Cannon buddies (Or Pit can just get a Cherubot and say that's his Power Suit)!
If Pit’s adventure is to be over, then it’s be quite unfortunate (though atleast he has a game that’s practically a conclusion, something most Nintendo series repped in Smash can’t say...F Zero...) while Samus might actually be fine now that MP4 will come out soon and Samus Returns already released. Friends forever definitely (no Dark Pit allowed of course).

As for the pics, it should be fine to post them

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dang it I think I crack-ship :ultridley:/:ultpichu: too

Because one is a terrifying powerful and cunning beast bent on mass destruction

And the other is Ridley. :troll:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Let's consult my old Tomodachi Life! I really just let stuff happen there.

:ultpalutena: x :ultpit:. Happened before I played Uprising or really knew anything about it. Sadly not the strangest.

:ultluigi: x :ultpeach:. Mario and Daisy are both on the island, BTW. Here's where the craziness really starts

:ultlittlemac:x Lyn. I don't know how bad it works, but it happened.

:ultmario: once dated Pauline, but broke up. Pauline now dates Waluigi.

:ultmegaman: x Amy Rose. Don't have any comments

And the crown jewel: Reggie and Midna. Happily married with multiple kids

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
:ultbayonetta: x :ultganondorf: would be a fun/chaotic pairing. Don't know if they'd save the world or destroy it, but it'd be a rollicking good time either way

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Can love bloom at the gym?

Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer are the one true couple.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultmetaknight:x:ultjigglypuff:

I remember this being kinda big in Brawl days. And now that we have them back:
:ultlucas:x:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultsnake:x:ultbayonetta:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s a few more:
:ultpalutena:/:ultzss:
:ultshulk:/:ultlittlemac: I don’t see too much of this??
:ultlucina:/:ultpeach:
:ultryu:/:ultpalutena: why do I have a thing for pairing the long haired ethereal beauties with bara daddies??
:ultbayonetta:/:ultrobin and also cougars with pretty boys, apparently

Also according to Shipping Wiki, :ultfalcon:/:ultlucina: is officially called Falconcina, brb updating fic synopses

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here’s a few more:
:ultpalutena:/:ultzss:
:ultshulk:/:ultlittlemac: I don’t see too much of this??
:ultlucina:/:ultpeach:
:ultryu:/:ultpalutena: why do I have a thing for pairing the long haired ethereal beauties with bara daddies??
:ultbayonetta:/:ultrobin and also cougars with pretty boys, apparently

Also according to Shipping Wiki, :ultfalcon:/:ultlucina: is officially called Falconcina, brb updating fic synopses
There is awfully small amount of shipping for Little Mac. I approve.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmm...how popular is :ultpit:/:ultpeach:? (I wonder if it’s literally called Peach Pit :troll: )

And I wonder if :ultrosalina:/:ultdaisy: is even a thing lel

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hmmm...how popular is :ultpit:/:ultpeach:? (I wonder if it’s literally called Peach Pit :troll: )

And I wonder if :ultrosalina:/:ultdaisy: is even a thing lel
PeachPit :ultpit::ultpeach: was a really rare shipping, but more-so simple friendship in a way. It was more common during the early Brawl days, but not so much. As with many ships, like my precious Pit/Samus (still wish there was more love for these two), it either started to wither away with time or drastically gets overshadowed by the common/mainstream/strangely popular ships, or both.

As for Rosa/Daisy, won't be surprised if it happens as the Peach/Daisy/Rosa trio is likely to have been around for a while.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
:ultpeach: x:ultzss: One of my favorite ships in Smash. It think it's super cute, I blame the fanart and fanfics. Also dig the classic :ultlink: x :ultzelda: and :ultsnake: x :ultzss:.

A rare ship I love though is :ultmario: x :ultrosalina:. Love this ship even in the Mario universe.

Kinda also like :ultike: x :ultlucina:. I could also see :ultshulk: x :ultlucina: and :ultlink: x :ultlucina:. Maybe :ultcloud:x :ultlucina: and :ultpeach: x :ultzelda:.

Platonic pairs I go with :ultdoc: x :ultdarkpit: (Echo clone bonding), :ultmario: x :ultsonic: (friendly rivals), :ultgnw: x :ultpacman: (Old guys hang out), :ultmegaman: x :ultrob: (robo buddies), :ultlucas: x :ultpokemontrainer: (Subspace) and :ultmegaman: x :ultlucina: (I first mained these two in Smash 4 and they just stuck with me, lol. I think they could be good friends).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that Chrom is confirmed

CHROBIN IS REAL!

6228BB8F-317F-4F8D-BF6A-9A93115047EF.png

Look at how he looks at Robin ;w; though the same would of course also apply for Fem!Robin

Also, they made the Falconcina element a bit more...suggestive? Lmao she’s totes reaching for that Falcon booty :smirk:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Since I support the idea of :ultpit:x:ultzss:/:ultsamus:...I will support :ultdarkpit:x Dark Samus (sure Dark Samus is evil and all...but it’s not like Pittoo wouldn’t be able to kill his buddy)

Top Bottom