• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Since P PF9 rebooted the Headcanons thread since groups are dead and the original is archived, I figured I’d do the same for this too. I hope this is the appropriate place for this.

As the name suggests, this is a reboot of the following thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/complete-silliness-smash-shipping.342080/ feel free to name your favorite ships, share fics, art, etc. as long as it doesn’t go into NSFW territory. Disagreeing with a ship/NOTPs are fine, just don’t turn it into a flame war.

I suppose I’ll start - with Snake back, my Snakus game is stronger than ever :D and I am also still Falconcina (Captain Falcon/Lucina) trash, four years later and I have no shame. Those are my OTPs, I guess. I casually enjoy most others, as long as they’re not Pokémon/Human; Ness, ICs, Young/Toon Link, Villager or Lucas with anyone older; Nesscas; or Palucina. The latter two I particularly dislike because they’re over saturated and a lot of fanfics have one or both parties be grossly OOC, but to each their own.

Last edited:

sneakycrown

Smash Cadet
Pit/PitToo and you can't ever change my mind the fluff kills me every time I read it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have no idea why but lately I’ve taken a liking to :ultlittlemac:/:ultdaisy:

If there are any quality fics out there lemme know I crave the fluff

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Wario X Mario.

Wario just wants to get Mario's attention. Poor guy so desperate, changed his name to Mario with an upside down M I mean who does that :oneeye:

PF9

Smash Lord
My most popular is the Captain Falcon/Snake/Samus triangle. I think it's fun having CF and Snake compete for Samus. Of course there's the factor of (Ash's) Pikachu not trusting Snake around her.

I ship most of the Male Fire Emblem characters together - Ike, Roy, Male Corrin, Male Robin.

And then there's Little Mac/Lucina.

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
Ike and ZSS. Cause they both see each other as trophies/arm candy

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit:X:ultpalutena: (I mean come on...the chemistry/love/care/tension is already there)
:ultpit:X:ultsamus:(just the suit...not even:ultzss:herself, that’s more of a brother/sister relationship right there, but the suit is free)

D

Deleted member

Tbh Zelda and Ness would make a interesting couple XD

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
:ultsnake:x:ultzss: Long Live Snakus!
:ultlucina:x:ultdoc: My Clone Mains

Then, besides the romantical ones, I also think these characters would be best buddies
:ultpalutena:+:ultlucina:
:ultrosalina:+:ultpalutena:
:ultzelda:+:ultpeach:+:ultdaisy:+:ultzss:+:ultrosalina:
:ultrobin+:ultolimar:
:ultmewtwo:+:ultsnake:
:ultpichu:+:ultdoc:+:ultroy:+:ultmewtwo:+:ultyounglink:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultmarth:x Caeda, because I'm not letting the fact that Caeda's not in Smash interfere with Fire Emblem's best couple. :p

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultbayonetta:x:ultbowser: because Bowser would treat her right.

Also :ultshulk:x:ultcloud: for reasons.

Latias425

Smash Rookie
*Robutena (Male Robin x Palutena)- It seriously pains me with how unpopular this ship is. This pairing is so unpopular that I'm literally writing a whole story about it. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12956993/1/Why-No-One-Ships-Palutena-and-Robin. If there's anyone else that cares that this pairing exists, then I've got some other stories about the two of them.

Some other Smash ships that I have
*Reflin (Corrin x Reflet (Female Robin))
*Cloumui (Cloud x Kamui (Female Corrin))
*Shulcina (Shulk x Lucina)
*Marth x Sheik
*Pit x Samus
*Dark Pit x Rosalina
*Little Mac x Wii Fit Trainer
*Squirtle x Pichu
*Ike x Doritos- I have a stupid little headcanon that Ike is absolutely obsessed with Doritos.
*Isaac x Lyn- This is just one I totally made up.
*Golden Sin (Isaac x Saki) though I might also use Isaki ironically because it sounds just like ice hockey.
*Saki x Phosphora- We really need more Assist Trophy ships
*R.O.B. x Sukapon- Because why not?

Some other pairings that I came up with characters that may or may not get in Ultimate. Even if they don't get in that won't stop me from shipping these.
*Pyroy (Roy x Pyra)
*Grenidueye (Greninja x Decidueye)

Characters that I see being besties
*Palutena and Rosalina
*Sonic and Falco
*Lucario and Greninja
*Ike and Meta Knight
*Shulk and Corrin
*Isaac and Saki
*Lyn and Takamaru
*Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Ryu
*Reflet, Kamui, and Lucina
*Ness, Lucas, Villager, and Toon Link

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
*Robutena (Male Robin x Palutena)- It seriously pains me with how unpopular this ship is. This pairing is so unpopular that I'm literally writing a whole story about it. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12956993/1/Why-No-One-Ships-Palutena-and-Robin. If there's anyone else that cares that this pairing exists, then I've got some other stories about the two of them.

Some other Smash ships that I have
*Reflin (Corrin x Reflet (Female Robin))
*Cloumui (Cloud x Kamui (Female Corrin))
*Shulcina (Shulk x Lucina)
*Marth x Sheik
*Pit x Samus
*Dark Pit x Rosalina
*Little Mac x Wii Fit Trainer
*Squirtle x Pichu
*Ike x Doritos- I have a stupid little headcanon that Ike is absolutely obsessed with Doritos.
*Isaac x Lyn- This is just one I totally made up.
*Golden Sin (Isaac x Saki) though I might also use Isaki ironically because it sounds just like ice hockey.
*Saki x Phosphora- We really need more Assist Trophy ships
*R.O.B. x Sukapon- Because why not?

Some other pairings that I came up with characters that may or may not get in Ultimate. Even if they don't get in that won't stop me from shipping these.
*Pyroy (Roy x Pyra)
*Grenidueye (Greninja x Decidueye)

Characters that I see being besties
*Palutena and Rosalina
*Sonic and Falco
*Lucario and Greninja
*Ike and Meta Knight
*Shulk and Corrin
*Isaac and Saki
*Lyn and Takamaru
*Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Ryu
*Reflet, Kamui, and Lucina
*Ness, Lucas, Villager, and Toon Link
Oooh, I like Robtena! Shame fics are so rare... :c

I have one ship with a character that may or may not get into Ultimate too, and it’s Clelma (:ultcloud: x Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X).

I’ve been thinking of writing another :ultfalcon:/:ultlucina: fic too, a one shot but it may not be safe to post here, lol. I have a multi chapter WIP that I may revise on a large scale, especially if Elma gets in as I have an idea for what role she’ll play. I’ve also already read Hit Me Cupid! by Smash King24. Any other Falcina fics I should check out?

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Oh man I hope Elma gets announced I have so many ships to make with her.

Day 1 I'm shipping Shulk and Elma together :love:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not really the guy to ship characters like crazy (or at all, really, anywhere), but here I go:
:ultmario: + :ultpeach: (duh.)
:ultluigi: + :ultdaisy: (also duh.)
:ultlink: + :ultzelda: (different timelines, but I don't care, and this is my favorite, for obvious reasons.)
:ultshulk: + :ultlucina: (both sword wielders, and maybe futuristic themes?)
:ultkirby: + :ultjigglypuff: (well, it could work.)
:ultlittlemac: + :ultwiifittrainer: (both are very fit.)
:ultfalcon: + :ultsamus: (both are bounty hunters.)
:ultsnake: + :ultzss: (just check Brawl, although he might fight :ultfalcon:.)
:ultcloud: + Female Corrin (we will need an icon for her eventually.)
:ultroy: + Female Robin (also need an icon for her.)
Unlikely: :ultganondorf: + :ultpalutena: (light and darkness, opposites attract.)
:ultike: + :ultrosalina:(both reserved and rather calm in their own way.)

With the characters we have, it is hard to make a logical match for each character that makes perfect sense.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I hate to go hard into this... but...

:ultbayonetta:+:ultpeach: (mostly since Bayonetta is more of a Butchy Femme [who pretty much acts like a dom] and peach is more high fem [also having a innocence to her that people like]

:ultcloud:+:ultshulk: (Emo Bf and his british preppy nerd twink bf)

:ultwiifittrainer:+:ultzss: (I'd also think they would work out together as well)

:ultzss:+:ultrosalina: (Space Lesbians)

:ultlucina:+:ultrosalina: (Classic Knight&Princess)

:ultdaisy:+:ultpalutena: (They'd just be total dorks with each other)

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I hate to go hard into this... but...

:ultbayonetta:+:ultpeach: (mostly since Bayonetta is more of a Butchy Femme [who pretty much acts like a dom] and peach is more high fem [also having a innocence to her that people like]

:ultryu:+:ultlittlemac: (I could make a "fisting" joke but I'm not going to)

:ultcloud:+:ultshulk: (Emo Bf and his british preppy nerd twink bf)

:ultwiifittrainer:+:ultzss: (I'd also think they would work out together as well)

:ultlink:+:ultshulk: (Adventure Bois)

:ultpit:+:ultike: (It's the same thing as Pit/Magnus but Magnus is less built and has blue hair... i think)

:ultzss:+:ultrosalina: (Space Lesbians)

:ultzelda:+:ultlink: (I'll let you in on something, the dumb bf/ partner who's smart and willing enough to save their *** from their dumb mistakes trope is a fav of mine. [also I think Zelda in this game is supposed to be an adult? If not, then it would be :ultyounglink:+:ultzelda:] )

:ultlucina:+:ultrosalina: (Classic Knight&Princess)

:ultdaisy:+:ultpalutena: (They'd just be total dorks with each other)
Zelda does have ALttP qualifies in her, and her height really makes me think she is ALttP with ALBW touches on her, although small (mostly aesthetic).

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know Daisy being Peach’s cousin is NOT canon, it was only mentioned in a strategy guide iirc
Interesting. I'm not too invested in Mario lore (is there a lot to even invest in? idk) but I actually assumed that they had some familial connection in one way or another, cousins making the most sense. But I suppose that's probably more of a head-canon than anything though.

Top Bottom