• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Run questions

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
So, yesterday I was trying to get a single custom for Dr. Mario (Soaring Tornado). After grinding for like 3 hours, I still didn't get the custom. I tried my damnedest, but to no avail. Could there be something more to this situation, or does the RNG just hate me? Also, is there a limit to how many pick ups you can collect? If that's the case, should I try to avoid picking up anything else besides Custom Parts? Also, does anyone have any pointers or tips that I could raise my chances of getting it, or any powers that could help? Much appreciated if someone can give me the scoop here.

dragonexpert

Smash Rookie
The custom moves you pickup are random, although they seem to be more likely to be one the character you are using can use. I have never gotten to the point where I couldn't pick up an item in a Smash Run.

Getting higher scores tends to give better results from what I've noticed. Many characters I use a level 2 Hammer, level 3 Cyclone Blades, and a level 2 Brief Invincibility. Adjustments may need to be made based on the item limit for the character.

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
Welcome to Smash Run, where you only ever find what you don't need. Seriously, there was one time I only needed two more custom specials for Jigglypuff, and after two hours, I ended up getting 3 new specials for Lucina and none for Jigglypuff.

EDIT: yes, I was using Jigglypuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom